Kalafina's new single ~Kimi no Gin no Niwa~

I listened again to misterioso, then to maybe tomorrow and then misterioso again, and it turns out that those that were saying that the mysterioso melody is at the refrain same as mt were right. As for why Yuki decided to reuse it, maybe she thought that a fast ver of that melody would be good, or she's using Kalafina to refresh some old but unsuccessful songs. There's also possibility that she was lazy to write new melody one but I think this possibility is kind of low XD

Re:

Glare said:
Kimi no Gin no Niwa: It's in the same vein as other quintessential happy Kalafina songs, so I love it. :dote: The accordion is a great addition, and I like the way the instrument is used here, it feels more natural than some of the songs in the Consolation album (where it tends to stick out a bit more). I didn't expect such a happy song as the Madoka theme song though, but after reading about the spoilers and watching the PV, it does make quite a bit of sense.
Quintessential happy Kalafina song? I don't really see it that way. I see it more as being deceptively cheerful with a subtle undercurrent of creepy to it... though maybe that's just because I first heard it in the actual movie and so I knew the context from the get-go. But yeah, I would hardly consider this song to be invoking the same mood as, say, Eden.
That said it is a great song. And that's really what matters, isn't it?

This single is so amazing! Tsuioku is an instant new fave and Kimi no Gin no Niwa is so beautiful, that violin is lovely, and the melody is gorgeous! :sohappy:

YES TSUIOKU IS A BEAUTIFUL PIECE OF WORK THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE DOWNLOADS :bow: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

i'd agree that it's like the lovechild of serenato and sandpiper, and like megy said with a bit of aria in the beginning. tbh, this is probably their most "enka-sounding" song to date (nope not even hoshi no utai) especially in the chorus (?) so i love this to bits. i can totally see a version done in traditional oriental instruments, be it japanese or chinese. :love: :love: :love:

ALL THEIR PARTS ARE SO LOVELY. I REALLY LOVE IT. i wonder... how it'll be performed live :ayashii: :stars:

definitely the star of the single for me. AHHHHH IT'S SO GREAT.

i absolutely love this song. definitely my favorite so far from their post consolation work :shy:

tbh, this is probably their most "enka-sounding" song to date (nope not even hoshi no utai)

Didn't Kajiura say Sandpiper was Kalafina meets enka? Or something like that.

^hm, now that you mention it, i remember something similar to that... but i guess imo i don't consider sandpiper enka-like at all (too... western for me, i guess?).

Thanks everyone for sharing!!!! Love Kimi no Gin Niwa so much...!!!!! Again... as well as consolation and Alleluia, I didn't expect that the song would turn out in this way. I thought that it'd be ballad, and has quite neutral atmosphere (not too dark or too sad since it's the ending of the trilogy.. I expected sth. like Snow Falling or Alleluia..I think.)

I was more confident with my hypothesis after Mysterioso turned out to be a bright&upbeat song (so I thought.."oh..Kimi no Gin no Niwa must be a boring ballad...")....but then....well...lol.. Kajiura teased me again and again!! It's the best single after Consolation release and I really hope that it'll stand in a good position in Oricon Chart.

The song has the fairytale-like atmosphere. It's like the pinkish dreamlike land that full of cute and fluffy stuffs for girls, and then you get the nostalgic feeling when you realize that it's the world of the childhood past where all girls left behind when they grow up, just like the story that finally comes to an end. I feel like I wanna cry when I have this kind of feeling from the song. I credit all instrumental choices for making that wonderful atmosphere.

Hikaru's and Wakana's voice sound so cute and girl-like. But I feel that it's too cute for Hikaru. (Wakana may did the same singing style, but her always-tragic voice makes it not too sweet.) In contrast, I feel that Keiko's solo sounds too strong for this song. Can I give some of Hikaru's cuteness to Keiko, and bring some of Keiko's powerfulness to her in return...? lol.

There is the melody line that is exactly the same as in Yane no Mukou ni as many ones mentioned, and the instrumental part also gives the similar feeling. But the overall melody is still quite fresh for me. It reminds me of Yane no Mukou ni+Hikari no Senritsu+Moonfesta+Natsu no Ringo, those childlike&nostalgic songs....and I love it.

Interestingly, even I don't like too-cute Hikaru here, I really love her melody line and also Wakana's hook. My favourite part is Hikaru's part near the end and the same line that Wakana sang earlier after the accordian solo. Hikaru's voice isn't too cute in that part.

As for NicoNico Live, their voices sounds really flat in Hikari Furu, but still better than their previous niconico live. Misterioso is quite good overall, except Wakana's high part in the bridge that three of them sang together, but it's still not that bad.

For Kimi no Gin no Niwa, Hikaru and Wakana didn't sing in too much cute way like in the recording. So Keiko, who sang in her powerful way as usual, didn't sound too contrast from the other two. But her staccato chorus for Wakana's verse still doesn't go well with Wakana's soft voice, but it works well with Hikaru's part.

That Wakana's cutie backup voice for Hikaru's verse also sounds so weird... (It's so soft and subtle in the recording and I wonder that whether it's Wakana's voice or not.) There are many parts in the song that I barely heard Wakana. Seem like it isn't as easy to handle for Wakana as Mysterioso is. However, she did quite well for the legato in the Yane no Mukou ni-like parts. (which I was worried before watching the live because her voice in these parts was filtered in the recording version.)

I really love the PV as well. Even I don't like their costume and hairstyle, but like Hikari Furu and Magia PV, they tried to add some anime-related concept in the PV and it turned out well in this one. (I'm quite ok with Magia but Hikari Furu PV looks so cheap and ridiculous in some way....) But the pink cute world for Madoka, some gears that reminds me of witch worlds, and clock for Homura.. those don't look ridiculous here.

I like the contrast of the two worlds from Madoka Kamisama's lovely pinky world to Homura's gray&lonesome world.. It's really matched with their singing.. cute Hikaru's&Wakana's parts in the pink atmosphere. And then when (quite) fiercer Keiko's part appears in the bridge, the lovely world collapses and it's changed to the gray world. I think that it's one of the best PV that Kalafina has had.

Really thanks for sharing the whole album... Kimi no Gin no Niwa's instrumental track is so lovely even without any vocal...>______<. I love it. Now I'm so happy that I already ordered it since last week when I heard the full version of Kimi no Gin no Niwa. (But it'll come with Consolation live DVD which seems.....so far...farrrrr....awayyyyyyyyy......to come...!!! Orz)

Tsuioku is such a......>//////////<. I also think of Serenato X Sandpiper... Love fierce Hikaru here... (I'm kinda... thinking about the way that Hikaru would handle Serenato if she took Wakana's part...XP. It would be like that...) The mysterious instrumental sounds + strings solos (both cello and guitar) remind me of Utsukushisa.

Really love Yuki's Kajiurago here...T^T. Keiko's part also fierce but not much powerful when compares to her usual singing.... it's really fit her than happy Keiko in Alleluia. I really look forwards to see the live... Keiko and Hikaru must be so epic there...!!!

OMG...I can't stop looping this song!!! The melody also quite fresh except Wakana's parts around min 1 that is similar Toki no Sabaku's verse. But I'm fine with that.... For Kimi no Gin no Niwa and Tsuioku, it's just a short part of the songs, but it's kind of longer in Mysterioso.

Because many people mentioning the enka-like sound in Tsuioku... For me, Tsuioku and Serenato still have some 'Enka' style but it isn't much outstanding. I think that Enka is more about singing style and Kalafina never sang in that style..so..even there is some enka-like elements here and there in some of their songs, it doesn't make those Kalafina song sound like enka that much... (I didn't feel any enka-ish from Sandpiper anyway..)

Okay, broke down and listened to Tsuioku. No way I can wait for another ~3 weeks.

...totally agree with everyone here, best song of the single hands down.

I wasn't too convinced during the opening lines. There are times when I like the stripped down vocal openings, but this wasn't one of them. But then when the instruments kicked in... and Wakana started ripping my heart out... (seriously, I wanted to cry during the first verse). I think that first verse + Hikaru's first chorus were my favourite parts. That's not to say the rest becomes bad--Keiko's solo had an excellent groove to it--but those were the parts that hit me on an emotional level.

I understand where everyone gets the Serenato/Sandpiper vibes. At the same time, it's definitely its own thing.

I hope we get a live version sometime. I'd love to hear those harmonies at the end more clearly. Argh, why is it that most of my favourite tracks are b-sides/obscure album songs?

Tsuioku > misterioso > Kimi no Gin no Niwa, for me. (I think the studio live of Kimi no Gin no Niwa was more interesting)

EDIT: Forgot to mention two other things I really loved about the single:

1. My prayers have finally been answered: a song with Wakana on the verse and Hikaru & Keiko on the chorus! Though they did give the second verse to Hikaru... wish they'd kept Wakana for it, since the first verse was more powerful, imo...

2. Wakana retains a bit of her old tone in Misterioso, especially beyond the first few lines!

I wasn't too convinced during the opening lines. There are times when I like the stripped down vocal openings, but this wasn't one of them. But then when the instruments kicked in... and Wakana started ripping my heart out... (seriously, I wanted to cry during the first verse). I think that first verse + Hikaru's first chorus were my favourite parts
I agree with you!! I have listened Tsuiku more and more and it's simply wonderful! :dote:

I filtered tsukioku with audacity to find out the kajiurago lyrics at the bridge [it turned out it doesnt help because the bridge is front vocals] but I noticed that at the refrains (with the filter on) you can actualy hear Yuki singing backing vocal in Japanese (and that doesnt sound like Keiko or Hikaru) :dote: you can compare to her duo with Revo at sajin no kanata e.

instructions: download audacity, import the mp3, go to filter, choose vocal remover from the list and apply the first filter (simple)

Tsuioku sounds like serenato and sandpiper!? Those are like my 2 favourite songs ever :omg: Thaaaat's it I'm downloading the single! :knife:

edit: Nice song, I guess sounds a bit like sandpiper because of that same guitar sound (the one panned in the left channel). Other than that, to me, it honestly doesn't sound like anything they've released imo.. D: which is a very good thing -- I love it when Yuki take risks :sohappy:
I also agree with Kagaribi no Hanabira - i also get Utsukushisa vibes in some parts

On the other hand, imo, misterioso is really boring and 君の銀の庭 is just OK.

1. My prayers have finally been answered: a song with Wakana on the verse and Hikaru & Keiko on the chorus! Though they did give the second verse to Hikaru... wish they'd kept Wakana for it, since the first verse was more powerful, imo...

yeah, I think the same too. Wakana handled the verse more...emotionally than Hikaru. I personally think I love Wakana's voice here the most since...After Eden, maybe. But I don't really enjoy Hikaru's voice here. It's not the singing style that fits her the most, imo. On the other hand, Wakana is really excellent in this one.

And I can't stop listening to the kajiurago. This song has the most excellent Kajiurago sung by Yuki for me. Although I feel like I've heard some melody lines like this before...

@Kagaribi : I actually really enjoy Keiko's strong voice in the bridge, because the bridge is somewhat the turning point of the song? I don't know how to say it, but it's like, when Homura turn the time back and made it Homura-verse world, and the bridge has the most fierce/strong lyrics from the whole song, imo. About flatness in Hikarifuru live, someone who had taken singing lesson has commented about the song, and I agree with her. It's more Wakana whose really flat here so it kinda drag the whole song, since she's the main vocal for the most time.

Re:

george1234 said:
I filtered tsukioku with audacity to find out the kajiurago lyrics at the bridge [it turned out it doesnt help because the bridge is front vocals] but I noticed that at the refrains (with the filter on) you can actualy hear Yuki singing backing vocal in Japanese (and that doesnt sound like Keiko or Hikaru) :dote: you can compare to her duo with Revo at sajin no kanata e.

instructions: download audacity, import the mp3, go to filter, choose vocal remover from the list and apply the first filter (simple)

wow thanks for this. So after applying this filter you could listen to keiko/hikaru/yuki's part clearer huh :ayashii:

^
You could listen to almost all harmony lines clearer with that filter, if they're not included as front vocals (for example as in Lacrimosa, Kagayaku Sora no Shijima ni wa) or if the front vocal had an effect/filter on it.

Some songs are even better to hear in their harmony lines, imo. :XD:

yes, for example Destination unknown and Red moon are all Keiko in backing vocal, and you can hear alot of Hikaru in alleluia.

Gaaaah mine's still in the shipping process! Ugh... but I like your descriptions Kagaribi. And I feel the same way about the opening lines for Sandpiper, I don't know, I think Hikaru just sounds so forced, so maybe I won't like it in this song too. I really can't wait for it, and to see the Madoka movie. :dote:

Edit: Okay, I watched the PV. I broke down. I love the song! It has a happy tone, but it definitely fits Madoka very well. (I find similarities with this and the Asuka song.) But I love Keiko's solo part, and then Wakana butting in. I actually did not like Wakana's dress/style in the covers, but when she's smiling and singing in the PV she's more beautiful. Hikaru's hair just seems out of control, like how mine gets in humid weather. But anyways... the song: great! I think I like it more than misterioso, but we'll see about Tsuioku. I want to wait still. I like the accordion in this song, just wish there was a little more violin. It is like Yane no, but has a slightly different tone in my opinion.

Have to agree with everyone else, Tsuioku is my favorite song from this single. Nice pulsing power to the song.

Back