Kalafina's new single ~Kimi no Gin no Niwa~

^ I like tsukioku, especially that drumming, its going to be awesome live if Sato doesnt ruin it :shy:

the flow of the song is indeed close to serenato and sanpiper
I cant find parallel to the drumming part, signal is indeed the closest to hikaru's speed in the refrain even though its not as fast as signal's.

the chorus in the bridge is fion or hikaru :confu:

OK, I just listened to Tsuioku.

I may just have another favourite song. It wasn't quite what I was expecting but damn is it good. I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks it has a little Akiko Shikata in it, surely? Then again I love me some Akiko Shikata, so that's fine by me.

Definitely different to anything else they've done though, and in a very good way.

Re:

george1234 said:
the chorus in the bridge is fion or hikaru :confu:

Most likely just Yuki Kajiura as credited in the booklet.

I myself am not hearing any resemblance to signal here, or Shikata. :)

^
george1234 said:
^ I like tsukioku, especially that drumming, its going to be awesome live if Sato doesnt ruin it :shy:

the flow of the song is indeed close to serenato and sanpiper
I cant find parallel to the drumming part, signal is indeed the closest to hikaru's speed in the refrain even though its not as fast as signal's.

Tsuioku doesn't use live drum at all. so most likely Sato will ruin it on their live performance. Well, waiting for Kalafina live DVD to see how Sato handled signal, then maybe I'll get some hope.

Kimi no gin no niwa is nice
Misterioso is blah.

Tsuioku is nice. I love this kind of kalafina. It has the vibes of utsukushisa + kioku + serenato

^ I wouldnt say "blah" for misterioso but its defenetely a song that doesnt stand out, and doesnt make me want to listen to it alot (prefer alleluia over it)

Credits

M1 Kimi no Gin no niwa
Guitar: Koichi Korenaga
Drums: Kyoichi Sato
Bass: Takahashi "jr" Tomoharu
Strings: Hitoshi Konno Strings (lol no violin after all)
Accordion: Sato Yoshiaki
Chorus: Yuriko Kaida

M02 Misterioso
Drums: Kyoichi Sato
Bass: Takahashi "jr" Tomoharu
Strings: Kiyo Kido Strings
Flute: Rie Akagi
Chorus: Hanae Tomaru, Yuriko Kaida, Yuki Kajiura

M03 Tsuioku
Cello: Masami Horisawa
Chorus: Yuki Kajiura

OMG TSUKIOKU!!!!!!!!!! *-----------* It's just like a rock version of Serenato *q*

OMG :shy: :shy:

Tsuioku is perfect

it's a mixed version of Serenato and Mata Kaze ga Tsuyoku Natta

i really love it :nosebleed:

Anyone has an alternate download link? I can't seem to download tsuioku. :(

Re:

Tsukioku :dote: :nosebleed:

I've been listening it and so far is my favorite song of the single, it kinda reminds me songs like Serenato, sandpiper and signal <3333

I'll be looping the song for a while and let's pray this doesn't get ruined in live.

Thanks for the info george1234, grunty.

Glare said:
Anyone has an alternate download link? I can't seem to download tsukioku. :(

I'm currently uploading it in another server, i'll be ready in 15 minutes ^^

Sorry for all the trouble, but I managed to download it in the end! I think it's a browser issue. :)

I like misterioso, but also think it isn't a stand out song, but it is nice. And I must resist listening! Only a few more days hopefully until I get my single, and I want to wait. But a serenato type song? Awesome! I can't wait to hear it. Also I found it amazing that the single (all three of them) were on ebay about a week before it came out. Usually a couple of days, yeah, but a week? wow.

Thoughts about this single -

Kimi no Gin no Niwa: It's in the same vein as other quintessential happy Kalafina songs, so I love it. :dote: The accordion is a great addition, and I like the way the instrument is used here, it feels more natural than some of the songs in the Consolation album (where it tends to stick out a bit more). I didn't expect such a happy song as the Madoka theme song though, but after reading about the spoilers and watching the PV, it does make quite a bit of sense.

misterioso: Oh gosh this is really my type of Kalafina song. I didn't really like it right at the start, but after like 10 listens I grew to really really love it! The background violin, the drum beat after every verse, that Wakana Kajiurago, that Keiko harmonization, that Hikaru bridge! Classic, classic Kalafina fare, which I haven't heard in awhile! :) I can imagine it being very epic in lives, in the same vein as Adore or Red Moon.

Tsuioku: This song really brings me back to the Red Moon era. I'm pretty sure this can totally fit inside the Red Moon album. I can really see why Kajiura described this song as purely one she made for her interest. It's another classic Kajiura song alright. :) Even this type of Kajiuran chant is something I haven't heard in awhile. :)

Overall, I'm very very satisfied with this single, it's leaps better than the past few singles in terms of Kalafina-ness! Sometimes I feel too much experimentation is not exactly a good thing, and even though Kalafina should try out songs out of their comfort zone, they need to return to their core style sometimes, and this is what this single is all about, IMO. :)

Kimi no Gin no Niwa would be my top-rated song if it was in any other single, but in this case it'll be last on my list. At the moment I'm still pretty attached to misterioso, but I'm looping Tsuioku now and it might just overtake misterioso on my list. :)

Re:

^
^Ok~

Liana_Ilia said:
I like misterioso, but also think it isn't a stand out song, but it is nice. And I must resist listening! Only a few more days hopefully until I get my single, and I want to wait. But a serenato type song? Awesome! I can't wait to hear it. Also I found it amazing that the single (all three of them) were on ebay about a week before it came out. Usually a couple of days, yeah, but a week? wow.

Tbh i really like the song but i also think it doesn't stand as much as the others in the single.

Just in case, here's another link ^^

:dote:

Wow Tsuioku!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Yeah, it really does remind of Serenato by its flow, and it's so beautiful! :dote:

To be honest, the beginning of the song reminded me of Aria, just a bit.

I really like the song! This single is definitely worth!

Thank you everyone for the links! :bow:

Wow, hearing these comparisons to Serenato thrown out... I probably shouldn't get my hopes too high since that could ruin an otherwise excellent song, but it's hard not to when Serenato is my favourite song.

My single won't arrive for weeks yet... maybe I should just listen now... No, dammit, must wait!

Back