Kalafina's new single ~Kimi no Gin no Niwa~

*BEAR HUGS CERISE* :dote: :dote: :dote: Please don't think of this as assault hee hee heeeee :psst:

I'm doing well thank you~

Just completed my medical treatment a couple of months back. Not up to 100% health yet but I'm glad the nasty parts are over! Now I'm slowly assimilating back into CPM with a little comment and news post here and there. :V:

Ooh, looks like the videos are on Nico. Thanks for the heads up! Best to grab them before Sony cops do their thing. :ohoho:

Wow the nico video quality is really good this time. I managed to capture the video as well. Love kimi no gin no niwa and I love the harmonies they do to each other :shy:

if that's really a live non processed perormance they did really well in both mysterioso and kimi no gin no niwa, :nosebleed: I was kinda dissapointing by wakana's performance in hikari furu but was still ok.

Keiri~ :chuu: Glad to hear you are well! :touched: Hopefully we'll see you around more? :plz: there's a certain thread in General/Spam you might want to visit :psst:

For those who are interested, the first part of the talk with Kalafina and Yuuki Aoi:

Part 1 - Kalafina Talk

I've got the PV too, just uploading...

EDIT:
Kimi no Gin PV
Hope the quality's ok...

oh, and second talk segment on its way...

The second part of the talk is taking aaages to upload, so I may do it later...

Anyway, apart from wai's link, here's an easy download of Hikari furu, if anyone wants it:

Hikari furu

Other two coming up~

@cerise is it just me or the pv's audio & visuals are not synchronized? :uh..:

^ Oh dear...I'm terribly sorry about that, it's probably my second-rate recorder :desksweat: Funny thing is, I think the lives turned out fine, so...I don't know, did someone else also have the PV? :XD:

EDIT: Ahh sorry, I tried recording it again, and the first half was ok but the second half was unsynched again, so if anyone else has a nicer version... :plz:

EDIT 2: misterioso
live download for those who want it ;)

EDIT 3:
Kimi no Gin mp3
ripped from the PV, for those like me who want to put it on their ipod and replay the whole day long :sohappy: quality is slightly better than the theatre rip, I think
P.S. sorry there's a bit of a pause at the beginning - that was the title in fade-in-out in the video... :desksweat:

Ooh I really like Kimi no Gin no Niwa! And I'm really glad Kajiura opted for solo harmony by Keiko and not Keiko-Hikaru harmony like in consolation.

And the PV. Urgh, if they let Keiko had her hair straight, she's the most gorgeous in the PV. Her face when she sang her lines is just beyond words. :shy: :nosebleed: :nosebleed:

Who can make me animated gif with Keiko circular gesture just before the last refrain of kimi no gin no niwa (08:11)? This was really funny to observe :XD:

WOOOOOO this was amazing (i managed to get a timeshift and only got kicked off the server once!! :w00t:)

i absolutely loved misterioso and kimi no gin no niwa live :love: :love: thanks so much for recording it btw cerise :sohappy: and the pv! IT ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE A PV. i really really like it; probably one of my favorite kalafina pvs so far :love:

also, did anybody catch that part when the staff guy was taking the signed poster away, and hikaru motioned to try to tell him that she was still holding the marker, but he didn't notice? she kept the marker in the end :XD:

That picture of Keiko (I think the 17th one?) where she's smiling, her eyes are being rolled into the back of head, or at least it looks like that! lol I am going to wait to listen to it again and watch the PV until my copy comes. Going to be patient.

Thank you, Cerise, for the upload! Really great performances overall.

Hikari Furu: The girls did a great job, especially Hikaru and Wakana. I thought Keiko could've sung her first line and the bridge a bit more powerfully, but it's probably a sound issue (and it's a nitpick anyway). In fact, I think this song needs a giant auditorium setting with a good recording to showcase its epicness. Hopefully the Live DVD/bluray will offer that, 'cause a studio live at Niconico isn't really the proper place for a song like Hikari Furu.

Misterioso: The girls hit all their notes well. I don't really care for Wakana's tone during this song though. Again, nit-picking, and possibly a sound issue since studio lives and raw recordings tend to make their voices seem a bit dry (it seems to affect Wakana and Keiko's more "ringing" voices compared to Hikaru's). Still a good performance, but I prefer the studio recording.

Kimi no Gin no Niwa: Saving the PV for when my CD arrives. But I couldn't not watch the live! It's a better (sounding) performance than Misterioso, perhaps a combination of Hikaru having more lines and the more folksy style being less affected by the recording. It's the one that's now stuck in my head and probably will be for the rest of the night, so... mission accomplished?

EDIT: Oh, and nice outfits from the girls. I guess Wakana totally can rock a white outfit + black rights combo, as long as it's not the one from FJ's Hong Kong live. It's a huge improvement from back when they performed TTB and Manten on Niconico.

Actually I think Wakana was really flat in Hikarifuru...and her face really shows that she's not pleased with her own tone in that song. I absolutely have no complaint about Keiko in this song, since her voice is the most enjoyable one in the song. Her mabushii asa is still as awesome as ever.

Misterioso and Kimi no Gin no Niwa is really good, I don't have anything to say about it.

And yeah, their outfits are really good. I obviously adore Wakana's outfit the most.

About the PV : The pinky world is Madoka's universe. Then the wind blows up and the grey world is Homura's universe.

^I thought Wakana was kinda flat in Misterioso, rather than Hikari Furu. I don't have complaints about Keiko's mabushii asa (it's beautiful). I'm thinking of "ashita e" during the beginning and "sugu ni" during the bridge. Perhaps my memory is rose-tinting things (it's been a while since I watched it), but I seem to remember liking those parts better during the older Niconico live.

Anyway, I maintain that the sound system/recording is partially to blame, 'cause none of these videos capture what the song (and the singers' tones) sounds like in an actual concert. The studio lives are better than 5th anniversary, but there's still this kind of... I can only describe it as "lack of echo and depth." Of course, I realize it's unreasonable to look for that in a Niconico live.

^ my video recorder is probably partially to blame, it made everything sound fuzzier - the original video had much clearer audio :desksweat:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHEDLhwBtJU&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Re:

ritardando said:
Actually I think Wakana was really flat in Hikarifuru...and her face really shows that she's not pleased with her own tone in that song. I absolutely have no complaint about Keiko in this song, since her voice is the most enjoyable one in the song. Her mabushii asa is still as awesome as ever.

Misterioso and Kimi no Gin no Niwa is really good, I don't have anything to say about it.

And yeah, their outfits are really good. I obviously adore Wakana's outfit the most.

About the PV : The pinky world is Madoka's universe. Then the wind blows up and the grey world is Homura's universe.

Wakana is definitely very flat in Hikari Furu. Her voice also sounds forced. Her vibrato sounds strained (I am a vocalist). Keiko sound strong as usual. The beginning is worse for Wakana and she improves throughout, but even by the bridge, she is still slightly flat. Her high notes are flat and too breathy. D: Don't get me wrong, I love Wakana's voice, but it sounds like she has a cold or something. Hikaru did fantastically in this live. She used to be so nervous and have pitch issues, but she sounded awesome!

Kimi no Gin ni Wa was not what I was expecting in light of the other Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica songs written for Kalafina, but I like it. Wakana sounds much better in this song than she did in Hikari Furu. Other than a little pitchiness in the beginning and a couple of other places, Wakana did a good job. Keiko was amazing here too. Her passion and emotion in her singing always grabs at me. I'm super excited to hear the studio version of this song which will have clearer sound. Thanks so much to whoever recorded the live and posted the links!

Back