Kalafina will move to SACRA MUSIC label in April

For me its:
Great: Oblivious, Sprinter/Aria, Fairytale, Alleluia
Good: Kagayaku, KnGnN, storia, HnS
Ok: One Light, RYB, TTB, Magia, Progressive, Lacrimosa, moonfesta
Bad: Hikari Furu, Blaze
Shit: Believe, Heavenly Blue

Yeah I pretty much only really love their KnK A sides lol, everything else just ranges from moderately good to terrible.

It's extremely difficult for me to make a list as I like so much of there content. Hikari no Senritsu and To the Beginning are at the top though.

Moi:

Great: ARIA, sprinter, Hikari no Senritsu, Kagayaku, One Light
Good: oblivious, progressive, TTB, Alleluia, RYB, Hikarifuru
Ok: fairytale, storia, Magia, moonfesta, KnGnN
Bad: Lacrimosa, HB, Believe, blaze

Neverending is near the top for me also. Not sure what people here think to that song. Is it an odd choice?

Just watched Kalafina Red Day Live Blu Ray and that reminded me how good that track is. It is a shame it's missing from the Red CD Album.

^
That's actually what makes me think that neverending is one of their shit songs lol, it's just not original and definitely is something that Kajiura wrote because she had no idea (and it's actually true as she said in an interview). I don't hate After Eden that much, unlike fotw which I hate with burning passion.

my ranking of their single (B-side included otherwise stated):
great: all singles from SH era
good: all singles from RM + AE era (sans snow falling), Alleluia, Gin no Niwa
okay: all singles from Consolation era (sans Yane no Mukou ni, that falls into the good category)
shit: all single from believe onwards, which means fotw era (sans lapis, that falls into the good category).

^
That's actually what makes me think that neverending is one of their shit songs lol, it's just not original and definitely is something that Kajiura wrote because she had no idea (and it's actually true as she said in an interview). I don't hate After Eden that much, unlike fotw which I hate with burning passion.
I totally agree that it's a mellow Hikari no senritsu redux but to me it is a superior song that I prefer to revisit because it doesn't have 3 unrelated bridges and jarring keychanges. So to each their own.

I love the FotW album. Believe aside, every song is pretty much good to excellent. Some FotW songs like monochrome, Musunde, Sorairo and Usumurasaki are ones I'd consider to be some of their best.

If you hate it, then I can't change your mind. But I love the album, not to mention the FotW BD. It was the smoothest live they've had in terms of song transition, choreography, editing, how the girls sang - everything worked, save for Yami no Uta to Believe because there's never an easy way to transition to Believe as it's a terrible song. Anyway, personally, part of what makes me like an album is also the accompanying BD - and FotW is paired excellently with it.

Standalone, it's still a great album. It's not Red Moon, Consolation or Seventh Heaven, but it's not trying to be. It's good in its own way, and it's different in a way that I like, and apparently lots of people too since it is their highest selling album.

I love the FotW album. Believe aside, every song is pretty much good to excellent. Some FotW songs like monochrome, Musunde, Sorairo and Usumurasaki are ones I'd consider to be some of their best.

If you hate it, then I can't change your mind. But I love the album, not to mention the FotW BD. It was the smoothest live they've had in terms of song transition, choreography, editing, how the girls sang - everything worked, save for Yami no Uta to Believe because there's never an easy way to transition to Believe as it's a terrible song. Anyway, personally, part of what makes me like an album is also the accompanying BD - and FotW is paired excellently with it.

Standalone, it's still a great album. It's not Red Moon, Consolation or Seventh Heaven, but it's not trying to be. It's good in its own way, and it's different in a way that I like, and apparently lots of people too since it is their highest selling album.

Great post!

I noticed that the majority of people don't like Believe. Surely most would agree it's better then Blaze right?

i think believe is their best single in fotw era because lapis was in that single :p

it's definitely better than blaze. blaze is onelight02 and i don't care about one light (as a song or as a single) at all.

Great post!

I noticed that the majority of people don't like Believe. Surely most would agree it's better then Blaze right?

Blaze is downright boring, but at the very least, it doesn't actively offend my sensibilities like Believe does. Blaze's copy/paste kajiurago bridge is its most grievous mistake. Believe, on the other hand, tries so hard to be cathartic that it makes me cringe. It's like watching one of those ridiculous, over-the-top telenovelas.

Yup, Blaze is a better song than Believe. Blaze is just forgettable and dull, I'll likely just zone out when I listen through the Arena Live when it comes out. Believe on the other hand I'll actively skip so I don't have to be subjected to it.

Yup, Blaze is a better song than Believe. Blaze is just forgettable and dull, I'll likely just zone out when I listen through the Arena Live when it comes out. Believe on the other hand I'll actively skip so I don't have to be subjected to it.

Fair enough. I guess I am really in the minority on that song haha.

I totally agree that it's a mellow Hikari no senritsu redux but to me it is a superior song that I prefer to revisit because it doesn't have 3 unrelated bridges and jarring keychanges. So to each their own.

I agree that the keychanges are really jarring and makes the song sounds kinda disjointed but I honestly think the chorus has one of the best chorus' melody lines Kajiura ever composed for Kalafina. Whenever this song came on my playlist I can't listen to the final chorus just once. I can't say the same to neverending (plus the lalalalalala is totally uncreative, Kajiura) but as you said, to each their own.

as a whole After Eden is not a really horrible album, imo. I'd rate it a 7/10. It does have some of the most forgettable Kalafina tracks (sandpiper and snow falling) and the song(s) that is just really annoying (in your eyes and to an extent, Mune no Yukue).

Back