Kalafina will move to SACRA MUSIC label in April

Z

Zenigame

It will be a new label created by Sony, intended to expand activities overseas, such as participating in events, live performance, and music releases. Several artists from Sony will be moving as well, particularly Anisong artists.

I don't know why, but SACRA seems intended to be pronounced as Sakura.

Should've just called it Sakura (unless it's already copyrighted in JP)... SACRA is such a weird choice for animu related stuff, lol.

Well I certainly hope "expanding overseas activities" (which include releasing music and live abroad, according to the article on Oricon: http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2084189/full/) means their CDs will be released internationally and people don't really need to import their stuff from Japan and they will have more international appearances, as in one man concert abroad.

I think Sakura is already patented in Japan... as far as I remember there's Magazine Sakura/Sakura Comic, a comic anthology publication)

I know in Japanese it's pronounced like Sakura, but here "Sacra" means Sacred so it's a weird name for me lol
I hope "expanding overseas activities" means COMING BACK TO EUROPE because if not I'll be very angry ~
And of couse, I hope this new company doesn't push cash-cow Kajiura to keep composing anisong crap and tries to bring the girls back to the era when they were indie singers and everything they made was so perfect and unique. :dote: (but unfortunately, my rational side thinks it will be exactly the opposite...)

And of couse, I hope this new company doesn't push cash-cow Kajiura to keep composing anisong crap and tries to bring the girls back to the era when they were indie singers (...)
I know what you're saying and I don't mean to be a dick but Kalafina never was "indie".

I think Sakura is already patented in Japan... as far as I remember there's Magazine Sakura/Sakura Comic, a comic anthology publication)
I meant "SAKURA MUSIC" but a quick google gave me a few results, including "Sakura Music is a french label founded in 2015 by Mark Lower. The sound of the label is exactly like the smell of the Sakura flowers in Japan", lol.

thanks for the information @grunty! I was only focused on the SACRA part (not SACRA MUSIC) lol.

Huh so thats why they have stopped releasing new stuff. Will Kajiura move there as well for the soundtrack works or we will be getting OSTs from SME and anisongs by Sacra ?

You can see who's getting moved to SACRA in the oricon link rit-chan pasted.

Thanks, Sawano moves his whole activity or just the anisongs he makes because i think only in them he uses the nzk name.

I hope the move will mean a good new website as well since the current kalafina one sucks.

If this means more overseas lives, I'm down for it.

Also yay, ClariS and GARNiDELiA on there too. Where's Aimer though :confu:? Her last album was on SME, would've thought they'd have wanted to push her.

I hope this new company doesn't push cash-cow Kajiura to keep composing anisong crap and tries to bring the girls back to the era when they were indie singers and everything they made was so perfect and unique. :dote: (but unfortunately, my rational side thinks it will be exactly the opposite...)

Well at least it can't be the opposite and push Kajiura to make anything more anisong crap than she already is, Kalafina A-sides are already dead. Who cares if they get any worse? They're not worth listening to either way, so theoretically the only change that's worth noting is if they get better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know in Japanese it's pronounced like Sakura, but here "Sacra" means Sacred so it's a weird name for me lol
I hope "expanding overseas activities" means COMING BACK TO EUROPE because if not I'll be very angry ~
And of couse, I hope this new company doesn't push cash-cow Kajiura to keep composing anisong crap and tries to bring the girls back to the era when they were indie singers and everything they made was so perfect and unique. :dote: (but unfortunately, my rational side thinks it will be exactly the opposite...)

Far on the water album has some unique songs. Although there recent song Blaze is very generic.

far on the water is a shit album and the best part of the whole album is *only* the strings; melody in Gogatsu no Mahou.

I love FotW, not in the same level as RM or SH, but indeed a gorgeous album. I'd totally enjoy EVERY song if they removed the crappy anison A-sides and put some amazing B-sides instead.

I love fow album. A-sides except RYB were weak. I love gogatsu, sorairo (masterpiece), monochrome, usumurasaki... I hope for another good album in this year. It's a lot of time after live tour so it will be a good time for some releases.

This is very interesting. Thanks for letting us know. All those subsidiary in Japanese music industry o-o

Before they release an album they should release at least one single..

@Nehelenia I think the big companies make smaller ones for more focused and targetted work on each field. Eg I think King Records has one called StarChild for child singer groups (eg babymetal), Sony has Aniplex for anime music, now they made this Sacra for promotion outside of Japan, etc

@Barbi : 2 singles I would say. There's still time to release the Marchen single as the Zaregoto OVA stops getting released on June. Maybe they didnt release it yet because of some bureaucracy stuff for the label move.

Back