Kalafina to perform at Anime Festival Asia Thailand (May 1 & 2, 2015)

• Thread starter Thread starter Hatouchan
  • Start date Start date
So nothing happened on the second day ? (May 2) because that's what I gather. No pics of signing or talk videos like previous years ?

CELBMjTUUAAEkvi_zpshsu6mmqz.jpg

afath15-150501-21-08-59-ca8c7341_zpsiak8bhts.jpg

@George No..I'd call that it's a kind of 'concert attenders-friendly' schedule since most of the artists have events only on the day that they went on the stage (except Angela who also had a collaboration stage on 2nd day, so she appeared on both days.) It saves us from buying tickets to get into the event every day to make sure that we wouldn't miss any chance to meet the artist..:P. (Unlike AnimeExpo in LA...it turned out that I went to the event almost every day to see Yuki and the 4 girls...Orz.)

More info about the sound system..don't know how much it's related, but the sound system on the 2nd day was so bad that Fripside (who's the first performer) needed to stop the performance to fix it. Her voice is a kind of sweet and small voice and the volume of her voice was very low before she asked them to fix it. Feel really sorry for her and her fans..:(. (My guess is the sound system was set in the way that that kind of soft&sweet voices, including those falsettos and high-pitched tones have very low volume. But it may be worse on the second day during Fripside performance though.)

thank you!! :sohappy:

"We really love Thailand’s hot weather, because the warmth is good for our skin and voices. "

haha, that's funny, since how the people in cold contries like Russia, Scandinavia and Alaska sing/have good skin then ? :XD:

Last edited:
Seriously, Kalafina is the first group of foreigners I know saying that they like "HOT weather in Thailand"! Most people said that they love Thailand, but it's too hot! Lol

There is an issue about the deep fried banana in the interview translation. I think the translator or the fanpage editor misunderstood sth. since there are various type of 'Kluay Tord' in Thailand. IMO, that 'Kluay Tord' (Yep...they missed one 'l'. 'Kluay' means banana in Thai.) part in this translation
http://erza-shidae.tumblr.com/post/119011537652/special-interview-kalafina-akibatan
is much more accurate. (This link is provided at the end of the translation in facebook page.)

Kalafina said that the deep fried banana they tried this time looks and tastes like 'Man Farang Tod' which is a Thai word for potato chips. This type of deep fried banana is supposed to be "Kluay Break Taek" which is a type of deep fried banana that is popular among Thai salary men. It looks and tastes a bit like potato chips and there is nothing to do with the sizes of banana and potato as stated in the translation. Traditionally, we don't eat them with honey. It isn't weird for the girls to had them with honey though because it isn't much sweet.
What all Kalafina tried:
http://www.siambig.com/shop/photo_product/srirachaotop162542.jpg

However, the deep fried banana that Wakana tried before is "a deep fried 'whole' banana" which is a Thai dessert dish popular in high-end Thai food restaurants, especially in foreign countries. (For me, it isn't a traditional Thai dishes, just a fancy one, but it's known by many foreigners as a Thai dessert.) It's covered in crispy shell. People usually have it with honey, syrup, sweet condensed milk, jam, etc.
What Wakana has seen:
http://www.elsiehui.com/photos/homemade_deep_fried_banana_honey_chocolate_public_w400_h300.JPG

The part translated as

'Wakana, who has visited Thailand before, had only previously seen the bananas in small sizes. But the ones we saw yesterday were large, as big as potatoes, so we were amazed.'

isn't close to the original Thai interview at all. That part said

'Like what we ate yesterday, Wakana who has been in Thailand before has seen a deep fried 'whole' banana, but what we've seen yesterday looks like potato chip, so we're surprised. We really like it.'

I have no idea where does the 'size' comparation in the English translation come from...@_@. BTW, I tend to believe that it's the editor's fault since I don't think that any Thai people would translate it in this way.

Neat, that is a good collection of artists. I'd love to see FLOW, reckon they'd put on a fun show. Should be seeing Eir next month though :sohappy:.

Hmm, I finish work at 21:00 on that day, should be home about 21:45, if things go right. Things rarely go right, so I'll probably miss it :touched:.

short interview & a clip of To The Beginning from the concert. Too bad they didnt show magia ehe

/forgot to record :punched:

A few screen captures:

kalafina1.jpg

kalafina2.jpg

kalafina3.jpg

kalafina4.jpg

kalafina5.jpg

I found it interesting that Shawn Chin (Executive Festival Director, Anime Festival Asia) interviewed earlier in the programme seemed to be saying in different words that the festivals depended on the fans, and it was interesting to hear about him mentioning expanding into the Philippines and Australia.

Edit - at the start of the programme Dave Specter mentioned that "anisongs" (anison) was the most popular genre of J-Melo respondents.

Last edited:
^ But Australia isnt Asia :XD:

Did they played any performance or there were just samples with talk over it ?

Wow that wall / board behind them is as if taken out of kindergarden, wayy too cute :ohoho:

@george1234 Shawn Chin also mentioned getting a request from Congo (and that isn't Asia by any stretch of the imagination).

The played a good chunk of one song performance by each artist.

Thank you!!! You save me from the trouble of doing it myself and waiting for it :)

(mf's new capcha system is aloot more difficult :desksweat: but managed it)

Back