Kalafina to perform at Anime Festival Asia Thailand (May 1 & 2, 2015)

[Fanaccount] 150501 Kalafina at NHK event.

I arrived BKK around 2pm and arrived the venue almost 4pm...Orz. Missed the chance to attend almost all events...Orz. (One good thing is I got the signed poster after the autograph session since they kept the signed poster for those who couldn't come in time...) But I can see NHK's Kalafina fan meeting from the side of the stage... Can see Wakana quite clear, a bit of Keiko and almost unable to see HiChan who stood on the other side...Orz.

Wakana said that it's the first time that three of them came to Thailand together. They said they're very appreciated of kind and warm welcome. They played rock-scissor-paper with fans. The way they pronounced the word 'Pao Ying Shoop (Thai name for rock-scissor-paper) is so cute! (BTW, Wakana mispronounced Pao to Bao one time..lol.)

Each member play it with all lucky fans and they will give the signed posters to the last three who haven't lost yet. After Wakana&Keiko played, there were only 3 fans left so all of them got the posters and Hikaru didn't play...^^ll.

Wakana said that it's the first time they play rock-scissor-paper with the fans and tell us to enjoy their performance. Keiko said let's have fun together to night (in the Anisong concert) And Hikaru said Thank you for coming. As usual, Hikaru talked the least and Wakana talked the most..lol.

I'm now in Anisong concert with Smiley.. DJ Kazu is performing now..(so I'm typing this fanaccount...lol. Out of tons of songs he's played til now, I only know 1-2 songs...lol.)

P. S. D-Chan told me to look for a girl wearing blue scarf (hijab, right?) at NHK booth, but it turns out that I saw 2-3 girls wearing blue hijab and it's very crowded there...TT. Let's try to meet after the concert then!

I would assume Hikaru talks the most during these out-of-Japan conventions, since, you know, she's the only one out of the three who understands and speaks semi-fluent English.

Out of topic: first 3 artists report
DJ Kazu is the first artist. As I told.. only know 'God Know' and one of TM revolution-Nana Mizuki duet out of the tons of songs he played.

Flow covered 'Cha la head Cha la'. They sang well.. I like it. (Have the feeling that Kalafina would covers Anna ni as well.) At least I know Flow's 'Color' and this Dragon Ball's classic though.

It's likely that my next update will be after Angela&Kalafina performance to which I'll pay full attention on listening..lol. Flow&Angela brought the full bands, but I think Kalafina didn't right...O_o.

Bit of update during stage preparation. Angela started with Fafnir Exodus OP!! OMG... The key is so low that I can't follow..(like most of her songs..lol.)

Next is Brilliant Road, one of my favourite!! Angela live performance is quite weak on high notes but her voice is thick&powerful in lower ranges. And those periodically shifts between low and high notes (which is quite like her signature) in this song is soooooo nice!

Then it's the song that I've listened to, but can't remember the name though. 4th one is the ED from Fafnir Exodus again.. (Don't know it name.) Followed by the classic Shangrila-the first time waving the handkerchief and singing along with her..lol.

I don't know the next two songs at all. Just know that the 2nd one is a Sidonia's OP. The last one is from Sidonia as well, but I really like this song. I think it's one of her best songs in these recent years.

Last edited by a moderator:
wahh!!..thank you so much for those reports!.. That really looks fun!

a friend who also attended I love Anisong posted this setlist:

AFATH2015 setlist (Kalafina part):
Al fine
Believe
Magia
Mc
Kimi no gin no niwa
to the beginning
Heavenly blue
Ongaku
Mc
Alleluia

Last edited by a moderator:
omg Alleluia

did they sing al fine or al fine here is actually some kind of overture to believe?

@Kirito They mainly speak in Japanese and there is a translator for them ^^ll.

@ritardando I think it's an overture that uses some part of Al Fine melody. The girls didn't sing it at all.

Kalfina's time! The crowd are so high when they come out. The first song after the overture is Believe. The tall guys in front of me completely block Keiko from my sight...(See Wakana the clearest again..lol.) Wakana and Hikaru were almost perfect in this song! They didn't touch the Kajiurago part though. Wakana's high note and legato are so nice tonight.

The second is Magia...HiChan nail it!! Wakana and Hikaru take off their outer jacket during the instrumental part before Keiko solo. Hikaru is very powerful and her legatos are more than perfect!

During the ment, they said in Thai that 'Everyone, how are you?'. Keiko introduced the first two songs in Japanese and she asked in English 'Do you know Madoka Magica?'

Kimi no Gin Niwa is the next song. Hikaru and Wakana begin it cutely. Wakana does a good job again. Someone misses the lower note once.. I guess it's Hikaru.

Then it's TTB. Wakana's power drops a bit. But it's quite reasonable, considering that her part in this song is quite high and she also sings Hanae's parts almost the whole song.

It's followed by Heavenly Blue. Wakana's voice is already strained a lot, just like many other previous lives...^^ll. She does Remi's part only during the bridge.

Then it's Ongaku!! Keiko started it in quite strange way. I really enjoy Hikaru Kajiurago though. And Keiko is as powerful as usual during the chorus. Wakana is really weak. It's good that Hikaru lowers the volume of her voice during that part for Wakana's sake. (Still, she's never done that for Keiko during the chorus...lol. I, in fact, sing along Hikaru's line instead of Keiko's line.) But wakana ends the bridge with a nice legato though.

Thai speech session: Wakana says it's the first time Kalafina comes to Thailand, but it's the second time for her and she likes Thai food very much. She says in Japanese that her favourite ones are Somtam (Papaya salad) and Khao Man Kai (Hainanese chicken rice, it seems that Thai version is a bit different from the same type of food in China or Singapore.)

Hikaru says she wants to try riding an elephant. And asks which dessert is yummy..lol. Seems that she heard someone said Mango sticky rice. Then she said Thai people are cute&then said everyone is cute in Japanese. Wakana said she likes mango.

And...OMG...can't understand Keiko's Thai speech...lol. Can catch sth. Like She misses everyone. Sorry KeikoChan...TT.

The last one is Alleluia! Wakana's Kajiurago intro is weak again. It's better during the bridge. Keiko is really awesome!! And the ending is beautiful. They take a photo with fans after the concert ends.

lol @Kagaribi no Hanabira during nhk word session im at the front row. btw glad hering that you actually can collect the autographed poster! already at hostel now so too bad we couldnt meet. btw what is your seat number??

btw i like the spins..during magia..and taking off the jacket part. the girls attempt to speak thai language is so cute. esp hikaru :ohoho:

Thanks for the report! Now we understood the things that they said in Thai (it seemed to me that the event in general doesn't really think about us non-Thai con-goers that much...)

A bit disappointed with the set list, I want a few more slow songs like Seventh Heaven or Hikarifuru. And then if I understood correctly Keiko said on the last MC that they will sing Hikaru's debut song right? It got my hopes up that they will sing ARIA or Sprinter but then they sang Alleluia and we were like what? How was that a debut song?

Anyway it was still enjoyable of course, it's my first time hearing them live, and I got to see them up close (very close) and talk to them for about 10 seconds lol

The overture is al fine without vocals. It should be the same one as the one from Animelo?

And then if I understood correctly Keiko said on the last MC that they will sing Hikaru's debut song right? It got my hopes up that they will sing ARIA or Sprinter but then they sang Alleluia and we were like what? How was that a debut song?
From what the Japanese folks tweeted, she said a song from the series where they made their debut. Which means it's any of the KnK songs.

The magia choreography is more or less based on the one from their Budokan live.

Hah, I remember Keiko doing the 'do you know Madoka Magica?' Thing in Paris. The way she said it then was adorable :plz:.

Sucks that they threw in both Believe and Heavenly Blue though, hearing Sprinter to close in Paris was incredible. Still, sounds like you guys enjoyed it nonetheless.

I do wonder what's up with Wakana though, she used to be so amazing. She was great in Paris but it seems she's gotten worse since and that worries and saddens me :cry:.

@Seasonreaper For me Wakana is always like this, great start (sometimes kind of slow starter, but there's some period that she did so well before getting tired), and becomes more exhausted when the time goes by.

In fact, I'm not sure how much the sound system affected what I heard. After talking with friends, we noticed that Angela's high notes sounds so weak as well and Hikaru's voice doesn't sound as crisp as I heard in Japan. They may set the sound system in the way that those high frequency voices has lower volume...O_o? (Just my guess though..)

^Well, I guess the sound system there isn't as messed-up as what I heard from AFAID13 :)
but you still enjoyed the whole concert right??

Oh..I forgot that they had an announcement for the next AFAID as well, but no Kalafina. Also saw a big group of Japanese Kalafina fans wearing commercial T-shirts there..(Smiley also saw many as well.) it seems that they flied from Japan to here.. Very dedicated fans!!

Report pics from Akibatan site:

AFATH15-150501-21-22-34-CA8C7404-600x400.jpg

AFATH15-150501-20-43-56-IMG_9651-600x400.jpg

AFATH15-150501-21-06-47-IMG_9736-600x400.jpg

AFATH15-150501-21-02-18-IMG_9731-600x400.jpg

AFATH15-150501-21-20-58-IMG_2890-600x450.jpg

AFATH15-150501-21-08-59-CA8C7341-600x400.jpg

AFATH15-150501-20-59-05-IMG_9723-600x400.jpg

AFATH15-150501-21-01-01-CA8C7297-600x400.jpg

AFATH15-150501-20-40-00-CA8C7232-600x400.jpg

AFATH15-150501-21-18-07-CA8C7384-600x400.jpg

AFATH15-150501-21-23-41-CA8C7408-600x222.jpg

This is really great! <3

Kalafina won't be attending any more AFA events this year.
AFA ID clashes with Kalafina's appearance on Machi Asobi's 唄の降る夜コンサート.
AFA SG clashes with Kalafina's own tour.

Back