Kalafina Moonfesta (11th single)

Re: Re:

Loving.Keiko.Kubota said:
x.x didnt matter to me i just bought the korean version xDDD so much cheaper!
I wish they had this for "to the beginning" ... :x did they? :O

Haha, no idea. I haven't bought much Kala merch myself :ohoho: Though I did get AE DVD for various reasons~

I'm not sure what to make of Moonfesta itself. It's very...bright. Which probably isn't a bad thing, but I'll have to give it another couple of listens to adjust. It's far more in the After Eden direction than what's on the first two albums, which probably means it'll grow on me in time and I'll learn to love it...just in a slightly different way from their 'darker' songs.

The B-side is lovely though. Yet another case of the B-side being as enjoyable as the A-side! At this rate I'll have to start buying singles as well as albums...

What I'll be really interested to find out is how this fits in with the next full-length album. It's certainly different, but in its own way it's also a lot of fun.

^Agreed, I am still loving both songs, and moonfesta makes me smile each time I listen to it and so does Yane, so I listen if I am having a bad day, like today. (Even though they are not really driving music all that much heh I still drove to them.) :dote:

Martin said:
What I'll be really interested to find out is how this fits in with the next full-length album. It's certainly different, but in its own way it's also a lot of fun.
/tries to imagine how Yuki will manage getting to the beginning and moonfesta on the same album without too much randomness @_@

^Maybe she will put an opening song in there, like overture was in Seventh Heaven, and it will be kind of like moonfesta, and then there will be some celtic songs and others will be more rockish. Ohhh I can't wait for the next album.

^ hm maybe it'll start with moonfesta and be all light and happy and slowly the songs will get darker until to the beginning at the end :ayashii:
I wonder when it'll be released~ :sohappy: maybe there'll be another single before it?

After listening to both the A and B sides again, I can't help but think that the arrangements are more 'stripped down' in that the instrumentation's very minimalist. There's none of the textured background sound effects and the HUGE REVERB that's on SH and RM.

I don't mean this in a bad way because they're still really fun songs, but both of them - moonfesta itself especially - sound like jams or spin-offs from the Hikari no Senritsu recording sessions. There's that same jaunty folksy vibe that the rest of the Kalafina discography doesn't have.

It's certainly different, but I don't think that's a bad thing. I'm not sure if it's Yuki trying out new things or whether it's simply a case of "I needed to write a song with a different 'feel' and atmosphere, so I altered the signature style accordingly." I'm having a lot of fun listening to it and analysing it, but how it'll sit with everything else I've no idea!

I've always thought that Hikari no Senritsu belonged on AE and Magia belonged on RM, so I guess the overall vibe of the next record is impossible to predict, even for the people involved in it.

I must admit that moonfesta made me think "meh" at first, but after a couple of extra listens I've grown to appreciate it. The same can be said of After Eden really!

In Yane no Mukou ni, the verses part (Hikaru and Keiko's part) sounds a lot like Wakana's part in "Manten". The music itself is nice, though.

i think i like yame no mukou..

i think its a is peaceful and calming song :tea:

Re:

Ophelia Arcana said:
In Yane no Mukou ni, the verses part (Hikaru and Keiko's part) sounds a lot like Wakana's part in "Manten". The music itself is nice, though.

Yane is also similar to Natsu no Ringo. The two choruses can be layered over each other very easily.

Re:

Martin said:
I don't mean this in a bad way because they're still really fun songs, but both of them - moonfesta itself especially - sound like jams or spin-offs from the Hikari no Senritsu recording sessions.

LOL Guess I have to agree with that :ohoho: :XD:

Martin said:
I've always thought that Hikari no Senritsu belonged on AE and Magia belonged on RM

I said the exact same thing to ninetales some months ago, but now I'm not so sure if Magia would fit so good in Red Moon. But that switching would work better than the way it is now, for sure (and it would make me add Red Moon to my priorities of Japanese CDs) :XD:

Anyway, last week I guess it was moonfesta that was in CD Japan's discount list, but now it's After Eden Live DVD that's having 30% of discount until August 13, 12:00 Japan Standard Time. Gather your savings! XD

Yuki always manages to mix quite a few different styles into one album, I absolutely can't wait to see how it will turn out =D

This single is definitely more happy sounding than the others, and unfortunately I tend to like minor-sounding songs more. Having said that, Moonfesta makes me want to dance around, perfect song when studying past midnight ;) Agree that the textures are thinner, but simple can be better of course.

Yane no Mukou ni somehow reminds me of a happy version of Kizuato...the structure? Tempo?

Re:

Martin said:
After listening to both the A and B sides again, I can't help but think that the arrangements are more 'stripped down' in that the instrumentation's very minimalist. There's none of the textured background sound effects and the HUGE REVERB that's on SH and RM.

I don't mean this in a bad way because they're still really fun songs, but both of them - moonfesta itself especially - sound like jams or spin-offs from the Hikari no Senritsu recording sessions. There's that same jaunty folksy vibe that the rest of the Kalafina discography doesn't have.

Yeh, the songs are very "folksy" as you said, which is why big reverbs and effects wouldn't be suitable for it. I also agree that they sound quite similar to Hikari no Senritsu, although not quite as good.

:ohoho:

The style is suited to what Moonfesta is being used for. Am I totally wrong or did I read somewhere that it's the theme for a children's program?

aero.senpai said:
Martin said:
Martin said:
I've always thought that Hikari no Senritsu belonged on AE and Magia belonged on RM

I said the exact same thing to ninetales some months ago, but now I'm not so sure if Magia would fit so good in Red Moon. But that switching would work better than the way it is now, for sure (and it would make me add Red Moon to my priorities of Japanese CDs) :XD:

It's totally subjective, but I think it works on Red Moon. When I listen to that album, the heavy world music/middle-eastern influence gives me images of deserts/pyramids/eastern cities etc. I always thought of Hikari no Senritsu as the janky folk band you'd hear in the market place.

I thought Magnolia was the one that should have been on Red Moon!

:XD:

Finally listened to Yane no Mukou ni! :sohappy:
yeah, I know, I know... :nophoto:

I love the chorus a lot, the song's indeed on par with Natsu no Ringo. :dote: :dote: :dote:

Seeing as both HnS and Storia were coupled with melancholic songs, Moonfesta gotta be Kalafina's cheeriest single up to date. :ayashii:

In my opinion, yane no mukou ni is a really tragic song

Back