Kalafina "Magia" 2011/02/16

Re:

ransho~ said:
@Nick Hunter: since Anna ni Issho Datta no ni Yuki has 3 successful single, right? Yuuka's Akatsuki no Kuruma (100k + sales) , Yuuka's Honoo no Tobira (95k sales) and See Saw's Kimi wa Boku ni Niteiru... :uh..:

Don't know if Magia will beat them, though. If Magia can sell 1k / week for 150 more weeks, then it'll passed Anna ni Issho.

^I've said that :D.With 900-1000 sales / week like these days Magia needs 150 more weeks on the chart to passed Anna ni Issho. which is impossible. how can Magia charted for 3 years like that?

^ Yeah. If they're AKB48 they only need one day to pass Anna ni Issho sales :ohoho:

Re:

ransho~ said:
^Not really. The 2nd ending theme for Gundam Seed, RIVER by Tatsuya Ishii, only peaked at number 40 in Oricon Chart,selling only 14k + copies.

I didn't mean all of the other artists that performed for Seed. But at least the great majority did sell well, like HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR with Pride (and it was their debut single and the one that sold the most until the band came to an end). Anyway, I don't like Seed/Destiny as well :XD:

^ Off-topic: I thought Tatsuya Ishii was a pretty famous musician? That's the impression I got when he guest-starred on Sanctuary, at least... :confu:

Sorry for off-topic :innocent:

^ Maybe his "RIVER" is not as famous as his other works? I don't even have one of his songs :uh..:

almost all gundam seed and gundam seed destiny songs were quite popular
i'm a BIG gundam series fan esp the seed series (err not because of the moe moe characters that kids and teenagers likes so much) :uh..:

it's hard to beat akatsuki no kuruma,honoo no tobira and anna ni issho datta no ni since they're also tied up with an epic anime

^ what makes releases these days hard to beat the old days' sales number is more because the general declining sales, partially caused by illegal downloads, rather than how EPIC the anime is. Gundam is indeed a famous franchise but it was already years ago. See the reality now, it's not so rare to see chart toppers sell less than 50k copies on first week, unless we're talking about JE and H!P and AKB48 (or Kpop groups).

err not a fan of kpop groups :uh..:
but the anime adds to the popularity of the song or the singer
eventhough gundamseed has been a classic(?) already,the songs have never been forgotten as well as the anime

i think i'm uber happy about akatsuki no kuruma,honoo no tobira,anna ni issho datta no ni and kimi wa boku ni niteiru's achievements :dote:

^ I don't wanna repeat this again but the current general sales numbers are declining so of course the more recent releases are having hard times to beat the sales numbers from 5 years ago. No wonder.

Yes, I agree so much with Yuki88. On these days, most of artist, except AKB48,H!P are declining on sales. 3-5 years ago, 1st week sales of an artist/singer could reach 50000 copies or maybe 100000, but nowadays, for them to get 35000 is already a good number of sales.
Murrue, please stop denying the obvious. I mean, we all know that Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny are one of the most phenomenal anime ever. But, what Yuki88 pointed out is there's no chance for these days recordings to beat the sales of 3-5 years ago recordings.
And for the songs still already alive and kicking, there's a lot of songs that still alive and kicking, even it's already 10 years from their first release. Even oblivious, the first song of Kalafina is still undeniably one of their most popular song, even it's already 3 years passed from its first release.

i wasn't disagreeing on you both okie? and i'm not denying the obvious, i was pointing out how the anime would affect the popularity or the sales of a certain song/artist/album

^ Certainly that happens to Magia with Madoka Magica behind it, too. But you can see the difference in sales number, can't you?

i obviously see it so don't have to point that out any further., it's hard for them to catch up in terms of sales number.i don't think we have to make such a big fuss over that post of mine coz it wasn't intended to contrdict anything

Off topic: In fact, this is just my own curiousity. Many one claim that the illegal download spread in these days is much more than the old days, and it affected the sale. But for me, I don't feel the difference of the illegal access for music between now and 5-6 years ago. (In those days, we'd already had youtube, bittorrent, mf, mu, 4share, and so many many sources that we can find the song download illegally.) So I guess that there may be a big phenomenon in Japan (or at least, in its online-community) allowing people access illegal download easier and wider, and it really affected the sale... anyone knows about that..? :confu:

When Kalafina DVD was out Kera was seeing a tone of leechers from japan even though they call themselves clear so this might explain some things.

I remember last year, when JAM Project's album Maximizer leaked three days beofre it's release date. That was unexpected, since Japanese are known for their loyalty to the company, and capacity to keep things secret until the proper time. It's like the Japanese are "surrendering to the 'download way of life'", or something like that.

Sorry if I went off the exact subject.

^ that's not uncommon, there were many cases (in Yuki releases) were they came out even 6 days before the release date. I suspect that maybe it's from stores that stock the CDs some days before the release and someone from the staff (or someone who preorders it) leak it.

Back