Kalafina LIVE 2010 "Red Moon" at JCB Hall ~3rd An. LIVE~

too bad the sprinter live of YK live opening act with Maya is not released. Otherwise we can see Sprinter live with Maya :XD:

For me, if they made some kind of slight errors during lives are still acceptable and does not compromised my likes of the Live version, they are humans, not vocaloids with perfect sound, Knowing that somewhat allow me to feel that im appreciating their singing effort :XD:

and lives is unlike the Studio version where it has been edited to make it perfect :XD:

I believe complaining is the weakest form of criticism and offers no benefit to anyone truthfully. I think there is a better way to format your "constructive" criticisms in a manner that won't offend those that differ from your opinion; that is the difference between a true critic and basically a whiner. Is complaining even an acceptable action in reality?
From what I gather complainers/whiners are usually regarded as children and ignored unless they plan to do something about the situation.

In truth do anyone's critiques here really hold any value or benefit anyone but the naysayers themselves? Highly doubtful. Kalafina is a professional group and I'm positive they dissect their performances themselves and know what needs to be improved upon.

If we look at the performance of sprinter, it's the 20th song they performed; therefore, I'm pretty sure fatigue and mild exhaustion is a contributable source to the occasional mistakes they made. Obviously it won't sound the same without Maaya, but basically its beating a dead horse to constantly bring up her departure. Maaya is gone and honestly they never needed her in the first place. Four is a terrible number to have in a vocal group so I think it's for the best she is gone. Also the only song she ever had any impact in was sprinter because she is basically indistinguishable from Hikaru in Aria. Additionally, they are HUMAN and they are capable of mistakes just like you, me, and the random guy across the street I mean what level of expectations are we setting for them in their concerts? Absolute perfection for every song with not a single flat note? Nothing wrong with having high standards but expecting them to be like Haku Mitsune without a single wrong note is foolish. Are we expecting studio level perfection like their albums and singles? Why? What is the point in having a concert without any flaws? Otherwise we could just listen to their albums and capture the same experience. My perspective on concerts is that you get to see them...the REAL them behind the studio magic, their capabilities as true singers, and their humanity. A live performance is raw and devoid of any touch ups a recording recieves which makes it an entirely different experience. Maybe certain critics are failing to make that distinguishment between the two and setting expectations that should be set for recordings and not live performances?

There is nothing wrong with disagreement because congruence in opinion would make this site dull; however, there are better ways to execute your opinion without offending others. Do it tastefully with supported arguments not with silly complaints.

I do believe the performance was lacking to some degree. Keiko needs to practice Maaya's part...it sounds so forced and the transitions are so rough and uneven :uh..: Keiko + Wakana will always have an advantage in their unity. They've been performing together for years before Hikaru. Plus they do the fictionjunction concerts so their synchronicity is superior in comparison to themselves and Hikaru. Its understandable. I actually like Hikaru's nasally sound sometimes...I mean she does have such a lovely nose :sohappy:

I... don't really understand anything that happened in the previous three posts, but I do think that complaining can be good sometimes.

@salvanos
You should have this post somewhere else, since, as far as I know, everybody here presented their "complaints" (criticism, constructive criticism, you name it as you wish) with supported arguments.

I've heard two earlier sprinter lives, and unedited at that. IMO, they all (Hikaru especially) sounded better in the previous renditions, compared to this version that went through processing and editing. I also disagree that it's okay for Kalafina to sound the way they did because it was the 20th song they performed. They were great in i have a dream, and that was dead last.

All of the opinions brought up by users here were directed at sprinter and sprinter only, the topic at hand. (For the record, I wasn't referring to Wakana and Keiko when I mentioned unity.) If you saw my comments as offensive complaints and as me bashing on Kalafina in general, then I'm sorry I've put you in a bad mood. But what you feel about negative feedback for a single song isn't going to change people's thoughts about it, or stop anyone from "whining" about it.

Most artists usually perform exceptionally well on their last song...its the finale. You want to go out with a bang.

And my comment was in response to sprinter so what is the implication here? Right...I assumed that the unity was about Wakana and Keiko due to the lack of clarity in who you were referencing, my apologies.

You did not put me in a bad mood and I don't or rather hope that was not reflected in my writing. So apology unaccepted. There are far more pressing matters in life that should affect my mood rather than online disagreements.

I don't have a problem with negative feedback...its the manner in how it is construed usually. I don't want/need to change anyone's mind its of no importance to me. Like I said the opinions expressed on this site more or less impact its members and no one else beyond that scope. If anything their irrelevant to Kalafina and their future performances. So feel free to support/dislike what you will, what matters most for Kalafina is chart placement, concert sales, etc. not the disagreements of a fan site.

My post was delayed unfortunately so it should have been placed far earlier in response to the post about complaining. I apologize for not directing my post it wasn't intended for anyone specifically. I was referencing what KPX mentioned about complaining, sugarcoating, and utopian societies more or less. Next time I'll use the quote button :uh..:

I thought about changing the word "complain" to another one more suitable and that most people would understand better, but that's not the case. Bah, I give up. It's not like the terminology is going to change anything and I should have already understood other things as well.

@wintersviolet: No offense, but I do think you're being a bit hard on them...I've never heard any unedited performances of Sprinter, just the Red Moon version and a few others that took place after that, and I think that all of them are equal in terms of quality. Also, I Have A Dream is a much slower song, and I personally have an easier time singing it than Sprinter, so I can understand why they might have some problems with Sprinter and not I Have A Dream.

Either way, thanks for your opinion. I appreciate it :bow:

I hope my post here isn't insulting! I wasn't trying to start any arguments by bringing up this topic. :bow:

Well, I don't think I'm being too hard on them. :XD: If people don't like how detailed I get, then they'll just have to deal with it. I started these long-winded analyses because I got tired of people saying how much they hated a song or performance (in much shorter and cruder terms than what I've used, mind you) with no explanation at all.

I think some of the other songs in the setlist were just as difficult as sprinter (in their own ways), and Kalafina did them justice.

Anyway, at the end of the day it's just my personal opinion and people are free to ignore it. :tea:

Sprinter Live without Maya was okie for me,but the 4 vocal version was better..I know it's not as easy as ABC to arrange a music/song.i think Yuki arranges a song based on what's available for her to use.I also consider the fact that live versions and studio versions doesn't have to sound the same.it's what makes the lives different.there were lack of instruments to begin with, compared to the studio versions, but i didn't think it was empty or less of a song.Yuki wasn't wasn't with them on stage so i'm kind a not so excited watching them. :blood: i agree with Moonlight's comments.Sprinter is indeed kind a hard to sing.we have the right to criticize since they are our favorite artists, but i hope we shouldn't just see all there mistakes and faults.they are also trying hard to give good music to us.we might as well be rational and considerate.they're trying their best to improve.anyway, i like to listen to the studio version of Sprinter coz the sound is full and thick for me,so complete. (i don't know how to say it). just pass by to post what i think about this. chill everyone :knife: :XD:

ive been thinking, actually i dont find myself any thing i dont like or i disappointed from Sprinter Lisani Live and Red Moon Live. I dont find myself any errors Keiko, Wakana, and Hikaru made during their singing.

so far i still enjoy and like watching thos sprinter lives :dote:

One other thing, maybe is it possible that the difference of how do we hear their song is because each of us use different headphone/speaker/sound system :confu:

Back