Kalafina Club on bayfm78

K: today is a special “far on the water” release at Tokyo Kaijyou. I guess we have to do rock-paper-scissors before all of the guests
W: I’m nervous
K: so many eyes are watching us

K wins

K says again that this is a special release event for their new original album “far on the water”. She asks how the audience is doing and they clap.

K: Hikaru, you lost (rock-paper-scissors) didn’t you
H: yes, happily. Thanks
K: whenever we do this public janken (yeah I’ll call it that from now on) she always loses (tho she says かつ…idk. but lol Hikaluu)
I think Keiko asks something about her taking over for her? because Hikaru is like no no no I’m good.

Mail from listener Yarawaka-san talks about how when he listened to into the water, it felt like an entrance into the world of Kalafina, he calls the accordion in monochrome sexy, and he listens to sorairo no isu often. Maybe he said more about sorairo? Not sure.

The girls talk about how they enjoy listening to the listener’s opinions, etc. Then Wakana talks about sorairo. She says that for her the “soko ni irunda ne” at the end has a touch of hope, that there’s some light. Keiko says that when she heard Wakana sing that line, she sounded like Kataribe-san? I assume she’s a singer.

<空色の椅子>

Now they’re asking questions to the audience.

Chiko-san congratulates them on the new album. The song she asks about is gogatsu no mahou.

Wakana talks about the song and I miss most of it. Keiko says something, then Wakana thanks her for her good question (I don’t know what she asked //hit)

K: Hikaru it’s your turn now
awwww Hikaru stumbles over the words of the question //pat

Watayan-san’s favourite is monochrome. Says something about the accordion, something else, HAHA I THINK HE SAYS THE SONG MAKES HIM THINK OF パンツスーツ OMG IM NOT ALONEEE //WHACKED

Hikaru and Keiko agree that the song does give off that vibe (yessss). Hikaru wore black pants and a white shirt when recording monochrome apparently. She reminds those who don’t know that when recording she always wears clothes that fit the song’s image/world.

The next audience member says something about how earnest their KC a capellas are. Didn’t really glean anything interesting from their response apart from a number of mentions of “one chorus”.

<monochrome>

Wakana recruits the audience to say “bai-bai” after they say kaisan- hehe.

They like to hear people's opinions on songs? What about all the hate for Believe :ayashii:?

Is believe really disliked over there? Or is it the same case where quite a few people on this board dislike HB, but it did really well in Japan?

From what I can tell, quite a few people (in Japan) like Believe though? Unless I'm mistaken...

Idk if this has been done before (I don't think so), but for people who want to navigate through recent and old episodes of Kalafina CLUB, @aki, pae, and yours truly present...

THE MIGHTY KALAFINA CLUB ARCHIVE WOOT WOOT

Many thanks to these two lovely ladies for helping out! It's mostly them that did the hard work. Hats off! :touched::chuu::w00t::cheer:

We've included important details as follows:
  • Episode #
  • Broadcast date
  • Covered song title
  • Main host (the one who won rock-paper-scissors)
  • Stream link
  • Download link
  • English summary
  • Notes (guests, live broadcast, etc.)
We linked a lot to various sources, with most of them being from waiglo's blog and the YK-See Saw-FJ-Kalafina VK community. If any of you are the owner of the links and are not comfortable with what we're doing that you want them taken down, please contact us so we can grant your request asap:bow:

Enjoy 5 years' worth of this radio show! ^_^

(There are some episodes we can't find the recording anywhere, though. We'll post on this thread when we discover one; we hope anyone has it recorded! :comeback:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Missing episodes so far:
  • 274 (2015.11.03) thanks @aki! :3
  • 217 (2014.09.30) thanks to S. Palivoda@VK! actually no, he made a mistake and labeled 2015.06.30 as 2015.09.30 oh well. We're still searching for this ep!!

Just need to download and upload stuff on MF hihihi :P

Last edited by a moderator:
KC #255

花束 - back number

KEIKO FALSETTO™ ALERT

W wins

W: it’s a June broadcast, isn’t it. Time for those “June brides”. We’ll be talking about why that is in a moment, but the opening number has been used a lot lately for weddings - a song released in 2011, Hanataba.

Wakana says that the song is from the girl’s eyes but at the same time has the feeling of the guy’s…hmpf? Keiko adds that it does include the guy’s thoughts. Hikaru points out that since the speaker uses “boku” it does have that sense of closeness? (disclaimer: I have not read the lyrics) I think Keiko goes on to point out that guys don’t normally profess their love outright? Idk something about the difference in what words girls vs. guys use. Wakana adds that since the singer is male it makes the song strong. I guess, if it were a girl singing it, it would become just “cute”. She concludes that it’s a touching song. (maybe I should read the lyrics)

W: even though we just sang it… (in reference to the male singer comment)

<ring your bell>

Corner: Golden Mail, Question Mail, Nandemo Mail

L says something about marriage (bc June bride special, ofc //hit) and mentions moonfesta?? (wow this is a long letter full of words I don’t know sigh). Asks about their upcoming tour.

No idea what Keiko is saying, but she does bring in Kajiura. And says “Kajiura Team” “Kalafina Team” though it sounds more like cheem.

(not sure what’s happening) Keiko asks Wakana, didn’t she write ??? on the blog? Wakana did, and she says something about her mom. (…) Feat. Wakana low voice. Wakana’s trying to convince Keiko of something. I have a feeling it’s about a game or book or something.

<君の銀の庭>

Corner: Kalafina Memorial

L talks extensively about Sailor Moon. Ends by asking if Kalafina have some game that they wrote themselves into since they were little? (actually I have no clue if that’s what はまったあそび means help).

Wakana says that if she were in Salor Moon, she would definitely be Usagi-chan.

Keiko says something about wandering her neighborhood and a park and about wanting to be an older sister? But maybe it’s in reference to her sister. She has an older sister, right?

For Hikaru, it’s Sylvanian Families (シルバニアファミリー, seems to be plastic toy animals). Wakana and Keiko both find that nostalgic. Hikaru had dolls like a cat and bunny, and so she would play with them. Ohoho, she played with Legos too.
W: you sound like a boy!
H: I enjoyed making things with them. Like houses, or the place I was at
H: I also would collect tiles (???) by the river
W: what kind of maniac activity is that, collecting tiles…
H: *laughs* I mean, they were pretty…
W: *pretending to be young H* oh, that’s pretty, I should take it
H: I played alone
W: by yourself?!

K: ok, what about you, Wakana
W: *dramatic voice* I loved coloring books
W: well, that was for indoors, but outside I’d play (some games) and “gomutobi”
H: ???
W: *tries to explain it*
H: I haven’t heard of it
W: no way
W: I was really good at it
K: was it double-touch?
W: no, it was gomu. It was long! What was it…
W: *tries to explain more*
Someone says wazagaru? Not sure if the mystery was resolved, exactly.

<花束> (I was waiting for this)

W: we never really got around to talking about June Brides much, did we…

They end promoting Arslan Seki and Wakana mentions her fav character but I didn’t catch the name.
KC #284

White Breath - T.M. Revolution
(what is that suit. I’m amused and confused at the same time)

This season may be frozen, But are you telling me it is love?
Such as it is, forget it. Winter has its place, so let’s keep warm (x)

W: “such as it is, forget it”. a winter declaration
K: the lyrics are amazing
W: they are, aren’t they?!
H: such isolation (?)

W wins!

Wakana heard this song a lot since it was the winter solstice. It’s nostalgic. Hikaru says it has “speed”? Wakana notes that the PV has the image of wind blowing, which Keiko says is cool.

<monochrome>

Now they’d like to talk about their upcoming release of “Kalafina LIVE TOUR 2014”. But today they’ll talk about just disc 1. First they reminisce on 2014. Wakana calls the time since their release of the BEST albums filled with wonderful things (miracles, really, but that translation sounds weird to me). They mention how many lives they’ve done since then.

First, dolce. Wakana says Keiko sang it brightly. It started out soft, then it became echoing. Keiko says that at the time they were unsure as to whether dolce was the best choice for the opening song. They had to practice the harmonies a lot to make the song have it resound. Mention of how it’s pretty much acapela. Wakana says she could see the audience’s faces.

<むすんでひらく> (I’m getting better about listening to this song //hit I think it’s just the intro that really puts me off lol)

Now onto a dark sounding song. Not just because of the song itself, but bc of how the band plays it? red moon.

Hikaru says how amazing the lyrics are. They create a world and tell a story.

W: we did some acoustic versions, didn’t we?

Hikaru says there was a grand piano that sounded throughout the hall. Keiko agrees with Hikaru when she says the audience was listening attentively. I guess at first they weren’t sure what acoustic songs to sing? So they looked back to their Xmas lives.

Since they’re in the middle of their 8th anniversary, Keiko is happy they can revisit this live and other things. Wakana agrees, saying how nice it is that they can reminisce on the radio show.

Wakana hopes this year too will be full of live one-man shows (make sure to rest tho ;_;)

<to the beginning LIVE TOUR 2014> (if you want to listen to this, download @sutekinanijinoiro‘s recording)

(oh, new background music, eh? groovy)
Kanji practice has resumed so looks like I should start listening to KC again

KC #249

Ring a Ding Dong - 木村カエラ

W: this is fun, isn’t it
K: this song doesn’t make sense…
H: its a song that plays with the rhythm
W: it has the feeling of “yay yay”
W: alright let’s have a ring a ding dong janken
W: ah! I lost…
K: ring-a-janken-po
W: what is this
W: are y’all alright
*multiple EHH??s*

K wins!

K: we did sort of an norinori opening number, Kimura Kaela-san’s Ring a Ding Dong
W: it’s from 2010, isn’t it? I thought it was from before that. Maybe 5 years earlier…
K: I did too
W: she’s an impressive singer

(okay I give up I’m going back to summarizing //hit)
Keiko and Wakana saw Kaela in front of a store once and were total fangirls lol
Keiko talks about how Kaela started out as a model and she (and Wakana) would look at her pictures and followed her progression in some contest? (clutching at straws here). When Wakana first saw her in a PV she was surprised and found it interesting. Keiko and Wakana both keep saying how cute she is //wink

Ahaa Keiko you sly dog. She uses the song title (ring a ding dong) to change the topic to their new single, ring your bell!

<満天>

They talk about singing ring your bell at Budokan, how the atmosphere changed entirely. Keiko says something about the part of the lyrics “kimi ga”. When they sang “kimi ga” the audience went “waa!”?
K (in a funny voice): IT’S YOUUU (“kimi da yo!!!”)
Wakana liked singing it there because of the high ceilings?

(…)

They talk about singing the song. High notes, legato… how it’s difficult.

<believe>

(talk about their upcoming releases/events)

H: when you listen to the coupling song, koibito no mukashi no yuugure no, listen to it while reading the lyrics //wink

For Hikaru, it’s Sylvanian Families (シルバニアファミリー, seems to be plastic toy animals). Wakana and Keiko both find that nostalgic. Hikaru had dolls like a cat and bunny, and so she would play with them. Ohoho, she played with Legos too.
It's official Hikaru's childhood was better than mine.:faint: At least our teen years are relativity the same

H: I also would collect tiles (???) by the river

H: *laughs* I mean, they were pretty…

Introducing.... The Adventures of Hikaru the Tile Collector!!!! :hero:
Mtlq41V.jpg

I need to get some sleep before my mind goes really whacko :XD:

KC #286

LOVER SOUL - JUDY AND MARY (WOW THAT HAIR)

K: lover soul~
W: this is the first time I’ve heard an acoustic ver
W: isn’t it nice. new.
W: let’s do a lover soul janken
*janken*
W: aiko deshou
W: AIKO DESHOU!!!!

H wins

Hikaru introduces the opening song (released in 1997). Wakana finds it extremely nostalgic (major throwback, eh). Keiko agrees. Hikaru says that when the other two first sang she imagined (くつ=shoes or くつう=pain???? also I can’t figure out the word after の gahh) (K: cuute), but since it is “Lover Soul”, it felt like it was supposed to be the feeling of two lovers, in the way of the actual title. Wakana concedes that there is that usage (ようほう? so maybe it’s a play on words idk).

Hikaru didn’t really know this song until now. But she had heard of it through CMs I guess. Keiko comments on how the lyrics are good. Keiko also calls Yuki (the lyricist and singer) ultra-senpai (dai-senpai, really) because she was a fan.

Wakana used this song as an audition? Because she really loved Judy and Mary, once when she submitted three songs on an audition tape, all three were Judy and Mary.

<空色の椅子>

Corner: Golden Mail, Question Mail, Nandemo Mail

Mail from Mikarin-san. She bought some karaoke game where you can get songs off the internet? Anyway, they found far on the water and her family sang to it. Says the (elementary school-aged) children’s favorite Kalafina song is One Light. Ends by asking Kalafina what songs they usually like to sing at karaoke.

Wakana finds it interesting that elementary school kids like singing One Light. Keiko thinks it’s because of the energy in the song. Wakana agrees that it has much power, and Hikaru adds on that it doesn’t even matter which part you sing.

Wakana likes to sing Nat King Cole’s L-O-V-E (I WANT TO HEAR WAKANA SING THIS OMG), but even though she really loves that, she also likes to sing Takashi Yoko-san’s Zankoku na Tenshi no Teze (Neon Genesis Evangelion).

Not sure what Keiko is talking about (though she does say she enjoys love songs). Wakana says it’s like a karaoke drama?

As for what Keiko likes to sing at karaoke, Hirahara Ayaka’s Jupiter. She adds that she’d like to try out Aya’s Kutsuri Private (which I cannot find at all but I can’t think of what else she could be saying).

Hikaru would sing songs sung by girls, but she would sing songs sung by boys as well. Rock songs (YEAHH). Halloween songs. Wakana asks if she shouts while singing those songs. She does. W: I want to see that!

Hikaru would also sing ballads, and short songs. If she went with her younger sister, probably short songs. (Hikaru why no specific songs D:)

Wakana notes that there are a lot of short songs, foreign songs, and old songs at karaoke places. Wakana wants them to go to karaoke again.

<One Light>

Mail from Marupi-san, who calls them “Kalafinaのutahime-sama-tachi”(saving that title). Congratulates them for their 8th anniversary. Asks how their 8th anniversary was.

Hikaru admits that their actual anniversary is the day after when they’re recording this episode, so it’s not yet their anniversary… but they’re looking forward to the 2-day lives.

Wakana brings up 3rd year elementary school students? (I guess they’re 8 years old then.) Keiko laughs and says that Kalafina’s 8th years is really not like that. Wakana says it’s really 8 years old. Hikaru says the live is like an 8 years old child then.

Keiko goes off to say a lot of ○年生 (__ year students) but idk what she’s trying to get at. I think she said some years correspond? Also connecting school years to age. Wakana says that in that case, after they become 6th years, they become older sisters to the first years???

When Wakana met Keiko for the first time, she was a senior in high school??? Something about her mom teaching her piano, and something about 8 years old and 3rd year in elementary school.

Ahahaha. Hikaru says when she was that age she still didn’t go out. Tennis? Musicals? One-pack?? Swing??? Wakana says jungle gym. My comprehension is going out the window. But it seems the conversation that was supposed to be about Kalafina’s 8th anniversary turned into one about their 8-year-old selves. thx Wakana.

<adore 2014 LIVE>

General chat about their anniversary lives and the far on the water special final.

KC #282

far on the water

W wins.

Wakana says that today is the final broadcast of the year, but the song we sang is the title of the tour that will continue into the next - far on the water. Even though this year has ended, this song will continue on next year. Keiko says this is the first time a tour has spanned over two years.

Wakana tells us to take care of ourselves this year.

<ring your bell>

Since it is the last broadcast of the year, they want to talk about what they’re doing in preparation for 2016. Or maybe it’s more of a reflection of the past year. They’re reflecting on their 2015 lives.

Specific talk about Budokan. (I wonder if they already had the next Budokan live set in place when they recorded this…). Reflecting on the meaning of the live, the warmth of the audience, atmosphere of the place…

Now they’ve moved to the BEST albums. Wakana describes them as a history of Kalafina.

They conclude that the first half of the year was great.

<One Light>

Now for the second half of the year. Wakana lists all the releases, Keiko comments that their release schedule was like ドドドドド.

Talk about far on the water, promotional events, the tour.

Keiko says there’s still much to learn, so they’ll put in their best for the 2016 half of the tour.

<far on the water>

They each give a little message thanking everyone and looking forward to the new year. Then…

H: by the way, about this year’s janken winner…
H: I came in last (this is true, surprisingly. I counted)
K: *gasp*
H: Keiko came out on top! (this isn’t true??? Wakana definitely was host more often lol)
K: no way!!!
W: so I’m in second?
H: yes
W: hmmmm, really? (she doesn’t sound convinced //wink)
H: *clapping* you (Keiko) did great
WH: congratulations!

かいさん、いよいよ年を!

KC #287

桃太郎 (which they sang on the 2015.02.03 episode. I think the older cover is more energetic //hit)

Momotarou-san, Momotarou-san,
won’t you give me one
of those kibidango (millet dumplings) on your hip?

W: this is nostalgic (Wakana you literally say this every time)
K: please~ (echoing the ください in the lyrics)
W: I want to eat kibidango
K: I like kibidango
H: they’re surprisingly good
W: kibidango are SO GOOD
K: the Okayama one (Okayama’s confection kibi dango is not the same as the kibidango in the song)
W: *laughs* yes, the Okayama ones

W: AIKO DESHOU

W wins

The starting topic is setsubun (celebrated on Feb 3). “Oni wa soto…” Hence why they sang the Momotaro song. They haven’t sung it in a while, but they hear it often now. They’re all like !!! time is going by so quickly. Some looking back at throwing beans at oni when they were little. Keiko tells us listeners to go buy some beans, even at a convenience store. Wakana adds that’s it’s fine to eat them too (I like how they taste too).

<heavenly blue>

Corner: Kalafina Bible

Mail from Cherry-san. She tells them she really loves mikan (mandarin oranges) - like loves them too much - but she ate only one over the winter? Okay now I’m lost lol. Hm, maybe she’s describing how people eat them? Eating them one by one or not or smth. I guess so, because her question is how do they eat their mikan? And another that I don’t understand.

Wakana laughs and says something about Keiko. Other than that I’m lost, lol. Now I want oranges…

I think Wakana’s saying that she’s really bad at peeling oranges.

Hahaha. Wakana ends the topic by observing that they must be Japanese if they can talk like this about mikan. She tells us to eat lots of mikan! Keiko reminds us of all the vitamins in them :p

<うつくしさ LIVE TOUR 2014>

Corner: Kalafinandemo Mail

Mail from a Sense(i?)-san. All I caught was that somehow the timing was right and He/she was able to go to the Osaka live. He/She will be waiting for them in Sapporo!

They comment on how far that is, between Osaka and Sapporo.

Hikaru reveals that when she was young she’d imagine living someplace different, but then she’d think “how will I make friends?” (hikaruuu)

I’m so lost but it seems they’re talking about whether you’d go someplace far or new without much planning? Idk. Eventually Keiko says WH are cool because of their responses.

<I have a dream>

After their announcements corner, Wakana says she will eat ehomaki quickly (いっき? iirc you eat them with your eyes closed or turned away or smth?).
ahaha Keiko’s funny voices.

KC #288

お肉食べようのうた by ハル&チッチ歌族 (WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SONG PLEASE LISTEN TO THE YOUTUBE LINK IM CRYING)

Let’s eat meat
Let’s eat meat
Let’s eat meat
Let’s eat meat
I want to eat meat, meat, meat, meat, meat!

W: I want to eattt
K: what is this
H: a song of wanting to eat meat (smart-ass)
W: (some sort of reference to the “don-don” sound of the rhythm)

K wins

Today is Feb 9th, which means that it’s Meat Day (niku no hi. February is the 2nd month, so ni; 9 is ku = niku = meat), so they sang the “let’s eat meat song”. They Keiko lets Hikaru take over the explanation.

Apparently Hikaru really likes the tv program Moyamoyasamaa~zu2 (which is where the song is from). And one day she and her family were at a cafe and saw Haru & Chicchikazoku (the singers of the song) by chance. Keiko asks where, Hikaru thinks it was Tokyo. They all fangirl lmao. Keiko and Wakana are like thanks for telling us this and having us sing it! Keiko tells us listeners something along the lines of “see, we’ll sing just about anything here!”

<光の旋律>

Corner: Kalafinandemo Mail

Listener Lappy-pado-san writes them about it being exam season, and specifically wants to share an unforgettable exam experience with them. L needed to take the train and bus to get to the testing place, but when L got there, the buildings looked different. L had taken the wrong bus and gone to the wrong school! There weren’t any taxis? L thought “this is the end!” But just then, a taxi came around the corner. I guess in the end L did well on the exam? L then asks Kalafina if they have any such memorable incidents.

Keiko is impressed by L’s power and calls it a miracle. Wakana wants to meet L.

Wakana talks some, not understanding it at all orz.

Now Hikaru is talking about lunches? Oh my god Hikaru you’re talking so fast. There’s lots of laughs. I’m so lost.

<believe>

Mail from Shirokuro-san. No idea. Something about a blogpost by Keiko? Wait, remember how Keiko once posted about doing a marathon or some sort of running thing? I think that’s what this is about. The girls are like “wow!”

My brain has fallen out by now, but Hikaru ends up talking about “into the water”.

Now Wakana is talking about food? Keiko asks what she’s made recently. W: lately? yakisoba (laughs) Hikaru reassures her that that’s still good lol.

<misterioso LIVE TOUR 2014>

Kalafina announcements, then…

K: meat, meat, meat, meat~~~
W: I want to eat meat!
K: tell me your favorite meat cuisine!
H: KFC
W: (some sort of food her parents make?)
K: yakiniku
K: everyone eat yakiniku! eat meat!

(side note: it seems they were trying to let Keiko not talk as much because Wakana and Hikaru would read the mail instead of Keiko)

I agree. KFC = :barf:

Ironically, I think Hikaru stated that she tries to eat healthy in an interview somewhere. I guess she ignores that when it comes to Fried Chicken :XD:

Well just because one desires a healthy eating lifestyle it doesn't automatically mean fast food is never an option for them. KFC is admittedly a bad food choice under chronic consumption. But I would be lying if I said it's "nasty".

Also, if you think boneless Japanese fried chicken is any healthier than KFC, you might want to take into account the sodium yield per serving. I wouldn't say one is any healthier than the other. Of course it all comes down to how the dish is prepared and how much seasoning the chef puts in. My point is: just because it's Japanese doesn't mean it's "better" or "healthier".

Back