Kalafina Club on bayfm78

did anyone save last week's episode?

EDIT: found it on bilibili (but the uploaded cut out the opening cover, unless they didn't do one in the first place..?) http://www.bilibili.com/video/av3905665/ (also, it has chinese subs)

EDIT2: both that ep and this week's is Wakana and Hikaru only, so they opted out of the song covers

Last edited by a moderator:
Did someone say KFC?

76uvwcc.jpg

KC #290

H wins

Since Keiko is still sick, she’s going to take this episode off. It’s just Hikaru and Wakana again (the previous week’s ep is just them) this time.

<君の銀の庭 2014 LIVE TOUR>

Corner: Kalafina Bible

Mail from mizutama-san. L writes about their daughter who has modern ballet since she was little. She turned 10 last fall and did a dance to Yume no Daichi! Her teacher commented that it was dramatic. Something about Rie’s flute solo. And the lyrics. She practiced it for half a year??

WH are both like we want to watch this. Wakana gushes over the flute solo. Hikaru gets all deep about the song. Like how it’s about the length of time? History-like. I think Wakana reflects on middle school. Then she ties Yume no Daichi to the fotw tour. Sounds pretty poetic. Yume no Daichi is like a drama about yourself? Wakana goes on about ballet.

<夢の大地> (nice)

Corner: Kalafinandemo Mail

Mail from raito-san. No idea what this is about. Something abt Mt. Fuji and a challenge? (much later) Wakana wonders how it would go in the rain. Wakana says Kalafina should go?? Or that rather than just one or two of them going, they all should? What is this. “course”? Is it a race? Maybe that’s why they keep mentioning Keiko. Wakana saw that there’s a bunch of rocks on that course on TV; Hikaru’s like that’s a hard course. Not actually sure that they said this but I like imagining Keiko actually running the course while WH just take the car haha.

<ring your bell>

KC #291

うれしいひなまつり (they covered this last year too)

W: it’s that time again
H: already?
W: right
H: it came so fast
W: shall we do hinamatsuri-janken? (noted: Wakana’s favorite pastime is themed janken)

W wins

Since it’s hinamatsuri soon, they sang a hinamatsuri song. Wakana comments that it’s a song that will be heard a lot in many places.

Keiko is finally back! But since she’s still recovering, she’s just going to… sit there and smile? (ニコニコして). Wakana assures us: don’t worry if you don’t hear her, she’s still here!

<storia>

Since the special final lives for fotw have ended, Wakana says that they want to spend this time talking about the tour. She says their experiences over the tour are sort of like a story? That originates from the lyrics, but then changes to the feelings they put into the songs… these kinds of things is what they want to try to talk about. The thoughts they have from it.

Hikaru starts off with the planning of the set lists. How to best present this live. When they thought about that, the music seemed to be like a journey (ngl first I thought she said they were like food which is how the cellist Amit Peled described the concert that I attended). So they approached it from that perspective. She also talks about ring your bell and the PV? I guess that’s like a journey too.

Wakana agrees with Hikaru, and points out that they performed at many places, including those overseas. So it’s like they went on a journey with the fans. And the journey still continues (with their Shanghai lives). fotw continues no matter where, like water.

<seventh heaven>

Now onto their Mexico live!

Wakana gives us details of their trip over there. They had a 9 hour layover in LA… Now briefing of their schedule. They had rehearsal for the tv appearance 15 mins beforehand? They weren’t really sure what to expect. Then Wakana mimics how everyone called out their names as they came on the stage. Wait, did the audience get to see the rehearsal? Guess so. They were surprised (as always) at how openly friendly the audience is (as compared to in Japan).

Hikaru takes over for talking about the concert itself. Notes the number of people and the presence of the audience. Wakana admits that she (they?) was nervous before the live started, but that faded after Magia when everyone called their name. “Kalafina! Kalafina! Kalafina!” She thinks fondly of how when Keiko announced the last song, everyone chanted “Kalafina! Kalafina! Kalafina!” She loved the power of the audience and thinks that it was a really good live.

<sprinter>

after the announcements corner…

W: speaking of the Mexico live, we did eat good food, didn’t we
H: yes, we did, didn’t we
Someone named takoyasa-san gave them recommendations? For a simple meal?
H: (explaining whatever food it was that someone recommended and she ate) Cheese, chicken…
W: it looked like an omelette, didn’t it
H: it had a name like “costula” (コストゥラ)
H: to let everyone see it, we’ll upload a pic
W: ah yes we’ll put it on the bayfm site
W: you all will know costula
H: you’ll know what kind of thing it is

tumblr_inline_o3lo4zHhUY1t1g9hu_400.jpg

「メキシコに行った際、みんなで食べたコストゥラ」

Yup, niko niko shite is smile. ^_^
And sorry I can't go around Tumblr lately. Damn desktop blocking me from visiting any person's Tumblog (even my own wtf). Can only log in at most huhuhu

KC #294

旅立ちの日に (ahhhhhhhhhhhh this cover makes me weeeeep)

now it may be our time to part
but our future is just beginning to take flight
believe in this
believe that we can make a difference
in this boundless sky above (x)

W: it’s our graduation ceremony!
K: wait
W: everyone, thank you!
K: what is this
W: we’re about to take off into this sky

W wins

<Magia>

Wakana tells us that this song was written by a schoolteacher in 1995 and performed by a middle-school chorus. Keiko is impressed. Wakana agrees that it is a really good song. Keiko says that when she heard it, she thought the male voices gave it so much energy. Wakana proceeds to mimic Keiko’s “ima toki” (amazing). They talk more about the melody and how the song makes you feel happy.

They’re going to answer more mail related to their live in Mexico.

Mail from kairyou-san, who came to the live all the way from Japan (so dedicated). L even went to watch their tv appearance and talks about how it was difficult figuring out where it was/how to get there. L said that s/he was the only Japanese person there (W: well of course you were!). L arrived when Kalafina was rehearsing. L was able to go to Mexico because of Kalafina, so s/he thanks them.

Wakana says that even though they meant to talk about the live, it seems they should talk about that tv appearance too. She admits that they were nervous and there was tension in the air beforehand. Keiko and Hikaru go on to talk about the atmosphere in the live. Wakana notes how friendly Keiko was during some MC.

Keiko talks about the photo they took after the concert and says something about a “selfie”?? Ohh, maybe someone wanted to take a selfie with them and whoever it was was good at taking selfies lol.

<君が光に変えて行く>

Corner: Kalafina Memorial

Mail from hachimachi-san. L tells them that s/he has three older brothers. When they were younger and were playing video games on the tv, if L got mad s/he would take the controller. The next day something precious was broken?? L asks Kalafina if they have any episodes like that with their siblings.

(enter @sakurahibiya’s sketches. Thanks for letting me add them to this post!)

When Keiko was in elementary school, she wanted to wear her sister’s socks

K’s sister: you can’t go! you can’t!
K: but they’re cute!

ok I’m not really sure about how but somehow a radio is involved and it was really heavy (I think her sister told her she had to carry the radio?). Afterwards Wakana comments that it sounds like something from a manga.

tumblr_inline_o4v2mhR5Lh1t1g9hu_500.jpg

W: so Hikaru do you have any similar episodes with your sister?
H: I don’t think so… probably.

Hikaru finally thinks of something. When they had cake for birthdays, Hikaru would always try to eat the strawberry last. But her sister would reach over with her fork and eat it (EVIL). And her family would laugh.

tumblr_inline_o4v2ovhdeF1t1g9hu_500.jpg

Now for Wakana. When she was in elementary school, she always wanted to play with her brother and would be mad when he didn’t. He had a friend Hama-chan next door (or was it Wakana’s friend?). Anyway, Wakana thinks she must’ve been really annoying lol. Her mother told her brother that he should play with her and they ended up going to the park… where he let Wakana ride a unicycle. Hikaru and Keiko have a good laugh.

tumblr_inline_o4v2q3dplU1t1g9hu_500.jpg

<Lacrimosa>

K: we laughed a lot today

W: today is already March 22nd, so their strings tour is only a month away
K: isn’t it called “spring tour”
H: spring has come
W: that’s true: “~spring tour~”
W: it has a kind of echo to it
H: it’s a title that has spring in it (obviously they’re using English when saying the tour title but everywhere else using 春)
K: it’s a time of warmth
W: it has the kind of image of a warm wind (so poetic)

Back