Kalafina at Mezamashi Live 2016 in Yumetairiku SUMMER GATE Stadium

I think this one is not THAT bad, not to mention it is the greatest Mezamashi live ever, remember the one in 2012 with the terrible Magia or the one last year with One Light and far on the water? One light and far on the water are MUCH better this time in comparison, just listen to them again in the Mezamashi live last year you'll see.

About 'blaze', I agree that Hikaru maybe shouting alot but she hit the right notes (not so flat after all, yeah beside she forgot her line in the verse), this blaze is not that disappointing for me since it's a new song. The next year Mezamashi will be even better (like one light last year vs now).

The song that I feel a little disappointed, however, is Sprinter. Hikaru definitely not sounded very good here. I think she's going through something about her voice, hope she'll get better soon. As I remember, Wakana once had voice issues in 2014 (just listen to Kalafina's perfomance back then you'll see what I mean), and look how she is now, ON TOP!

Watched part of it. Hikaru did sound a little scratchy in far on the water and sprinter. I did really like sprinter though, I think it's one of their better performances. I hope Hikaru feels better if it's a cold again. I have one now and it sucks, but I would still want to sing if I was a singer. And yeah, I do believe they listen to their songs over and over, because you can see them mouthing along with the verses when they are not singing. And they rehearse it a lot so I'm sure they would listen to all of their songs in case one of them gets sung live. Kind of like we do with covers.

I think I'm most disappointed with Keiko in this performance. She had too much fun (which is entertaining to watch) at the expense of not controlling her voice and sounded like Sh*t for most part of the performance. Why Keiko why.

Part of being singer is to be entertainer too so if the others are having fun they wont notice the flaws unless its on video and watch it 10 times like we do. Personal i didnt notice any flaws apart from maybe one point ( dont remember which atm). And Keiko has alot of fun in almost all kalafina lives, to the point that she smiles widly even at the sad songs.

Keiko and Wakana are alright here, but Hikaru goes between being fine to being not fine at all. I've barely even listened to Blaze but I can tell this performance was mediocre, Hikaru sounded pretty awful. I know she's had issues recently but she sounded so great during the FotW live, so it's pretty upsetting to see her relapse like this.

I wonder if she'll take the Wakana route of sounding all over the place for a couple of years and then come back into form again. If so, roll on 2017/2018.

Oh man just notice
Wakana skipped her high harmony in Sprinter, and even the chorus of One Light.
Maybe she's just too tired and decided not to sing certain parts??

I also noticed that this is probs the first time Keiko's considerably sweatier than Wakana during a live. Usually Wakana's the one who sweats by the third song.

Back