Kalafina at Mezamashi Live 2016 in Yumetairiku SUMMER GATE Stadium

That makes no sense. They rehearse - which requires listening to their songs over and over again. You can't forget what not to use. And the thing is, she didn't "forget" her notes - she was just straining. Even Hikaru said from some interview that she listens to Kalafina regularly.

Being off-key and forgetting notes are two separate things. Hikaru not hitting the correct note doesn't mean she "forgot" it. She was just off-key.

yes. Hikaru was terrible. i hope they will master this song immediately x_x

Hikaru wasn't that great :notlistening:
Keiko and Wakana sounded fine, especially Keiko in the verses.

Btw, the Mezamashi staff needs to stop messing with the mic volume. I remember there was a volume problem last year (just listen to One Light; Keiko is much louder), though at least they attempted to balance them this time. In reality they should all have roughly equal volume and adjust the balance themselves by singing louder/softer. Or at least have better editing.

What about other songs from setlist? Or only Blaze and OL were aired?

What about other songs from setlist? Or only Blaze and OL were aired?
The One Light link I posted was from last year. If there's a video for this year's performance can you please share it?

EDIT: Wakana got the first line for TTB wrong on the Mezafina video posted on the last page (she sings "kireina tsuki no hikari wa" instead of "ga")

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, where´s Hikaru? Has she been kidnapped and someone put a substitute on her place? #SaveHikaruJoice2k16
No, but seriously, she´s worrying me. Since Budokan she has been really inconsistent, but this perfomance was awful. She was just screaming and screaming, it didn´t feel like "music" at all. :omg:
Also, don't know if it´s because of my earphones or the fact that Mezamashi sound enginering is terrible, but I didn´t even hear Keiko. It sounded like her mic was off or something (if they turned off Hikaru´s mic I wouldn´t complain at all).
Wakana sounded heavenly on the Kajiurago :love:

I get Hikaru wants to sound fierce, it's blaze's concept but she was plain terrible here. The verses were ok but in the chorus she doesn't even hit notes, she screams and her long notes are awful. Thank you sound engineer for not letting us hear Keiko lol

She was really good for a while though. From FotW onwards she's been sounding really good (except for Mexico) so it might be just new-song-unpolishedness. But yeah, she was pretty bad here. She even forgot that she was supposed to sing after Keiko's solo verse (atarashii sekai wa kitto).

Give it a few more lives and it'll be good.

She even forgot that she was supposed to sing after Keiko's solo verse (atarashii sekai wa kitto).
Lol, Wakana's like "oh dear" then.

I hope this performance is just unpolished because of the song's novelty, but I'm not counting on that because other first recordings of songs (like the One Light performance from last year) have been fine for the most part. I'm hoping Hikaru can get her voice back in order for the Arena LIVEs in a few weeks.

I don't know if "enjoy" is the right work. This feels more like "suffer" to me. (But thank you really much for sharing!)
FotW was one of their best lives, This is probably the worst. It didn´t even feel like Kalafina. For the fist time, I was waiting the perfomances to end already, it was seriously painful to listen to :touched:
Hikaru-chan, please get better soon!

Frankly I think that the basic problem was the audio in the major part of the live! Keiko and Wakana weren't udible...Hikaru was perfect in One Light, in my opinion; she was into the song

I thought that it was really good. Aside from the few audio mix mistakes and Hikaru shaking a couple of times, it looked like the girls were enjoying it so much and they were singing really well, that's all I want in a performance.

Back