Kalafina 5th album "far on the water"

Yup, definitely agree with this being their catchiest album so far. I've been humming all the melodies subconsciously in class. It's also a great way to start off my day with a smile by putting it in my car when I drive to school. I just swapped HB and believe with lapis, Tsuioku and Koibito and I have no problems with the album at all.

It's not mind-blowing, but it definitely exceeded my initial expectations and I like it a lot more than I thought I would (even One Light, which I said in the past was mediocre, is really catchy and I enjoy listening to it now).

I plan to buy my physical copy by the end of the month. Right now I am just buying the tracks from iTunes with my spare balance lol. My first pick was Gogatsu no Mahou, of course. It really stood out for me among all new songs. As for my general opinion on this album, I think I go more or less with Cerise with the same reasons. XD

I still really wish they'd gone with a different cover design for the promo poster, though. The others are so much nicer.

It's not even Hikaru that bothers me (although I can see what you mean) but the overall composition of the piece is mediocre in comparison to the others.

I still ordered one

Gogatsu just has that one shaky (or it seems shaky with the other vocals and Wakana's high notes in there, I am not a user of audacity so I don't know how to separate the vocals, but that would be interesting to hear just her in the song. Sure, we will get a proper live soon hopefully. I think it's still number 4 now, with my ranking now going like: monochrome, Musunde (been listening to this a lot and humming it frequently, love it so much), fotw, Usumurasaki (Actually I like this more than Gogatsu), Gogatsu, Sorairo, identify and Hokage. Not that I don't like Hokage, but I have to be in the mood for it like sapphire. Musunde is my new favorite, the beginning still surprises me sometimes, kind of like Hikaru in the beginning of sandpiper too, where she seems too loud, or I think so. Now that I'm listening to Manten after hearing Gogatsu, they have the same aura with them. heh The same grandness I guess.

Oh yes! Promo posters would be nice to go with the vinyl, but I think there's a postcard again right? Well, I don't have any wall (or door lol) space for another poster, though I could take down something for Kala, kind of what like I did for FJ.

^Wakana definitely did seem shaky in some of the high notes of Gogatsu. As a user of Audacity, I unfortunately say that it's impossible to separate lyrics from the song unless the instrumental is provided. I could go on a long lecture on why this is, but I'll save you the details. It is possible to remove the main vocal (hear harmonies + instrumental) without the instrumental, however.

^ even if you have the instrumental, the result isnt much different from using vocal filter.
the main thing is that in today's songs the vocals are mixed around most of the spectrum of the song, so one cant remove them completely in some easy way (I remember someone doing in in first Kala singles songs in niconico but he's probably expert), and i guess the same goes for the instruments removing.

12038452_1130636043632885_3384101331776168415_n.jpg

(09.20) at Nishinomiya Gardens
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20150920-00000098-sph-ent
Kaladansu spotted on monochrome :XD:

^ it has the same setlist as their launch event in Lazona Kawasaki Plaza (09.19)

Setlist:
01.monochrome
02.Gogatsu no Mahou (五月の魔法)
MC
03.far on the water

Yesterday Kalafina was on 3rd place and sold 1,578 copies. Now we can only wait for weekly ranking.

thank you!! Can you try finding these too ? (far on the water commemoration events)

September 9 at Nagoya
September 10 at Osaka
September 11 at Sapporo
September 17 at Fukuoka

Oricon weekly ranking...#2!

2 - ● far on the water 24,601 15/9/16 SER
Kalafina 2 1

Their best first week sales for a studio album too. Amazing result!

Last edited by a moderator:
^I wouldn't go as far as calling it "brainwashing". If people saw the promotions and didn't know who they were, they wouldn't just randomly buy the album. If they gave a listen and really liked it and then decided to buy it, it's just good advertising.

Calling it "brainwashing" is simply impertinent and rude.

If I recall correctly, Maaya Sakamoto also released an album this past week. In that regard, I am proud that Kalafina was able to compete with her. I'm not sure what Maaya's status is in Japan, but in my world at least she's pretty well known.

Back