Kalafina 4th album “Consolation”

Consolation is a decently mastered album based on the initial mp3 rips. Can't wait to receive my order now!

Kazado said:
Sorry but al fine is touching me so deeply... *goes to the bed crying inconsolably*
Consolation really fits with the style of the new songs, my...

I had it on repeat yesterday. The melody is so simple yet so touching. :shy:

jac177 said:
By the way, I'm new to this whole pre-ordering stuff online thing so I'm not sure what to expect. The status on CDJapan says 'In shipping process' but I have yet to receive a confirmation mail with the tracking number (I chose EMS). Am I supposed to receive the email later or did it get lost somewhere?

Your question was answered, but just to add; They usually send out pre ordered items one day before release date, and yes, that is when you will get your tracking number. "In shipping process" means they are preparing the package/have the items ready to send out.

Thanks for the links, minna! I'm really having fun listening to this album. The new tracks here have been generally satisfying so far. :ayashii:

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH KOWZ!
You are the best!
This forum is the best :cry:

OMG IT ARRIVED TODAY!! Thank you CDJapan :sohappy: Literally ran down to the office like an idiot (I stay in a hall) when they told me that I had a parcel :XD:

Door was beautiful :dote: The lyrics felt melancholic and stuff although I'm not entirely sure of what it's supposed to allude to. But I'm a sucker for Kalafina's slow songs (ballads?) so it sounds awesome to me. Kichigo no Shigemi ni too.

I still need to get used to the accordion in Hanabata but after listening to it a second time I'm starting to like it. Need more listens for Signal too. Obbligato grew on me during the first listen though. The melody and that electric guitar :dote:

And finally a high quality version of Yume no Daichi!! Love it to bits though I wish it were longer. Love the start of the song, the flute, the lyrics and the whole "hope for the future" feel that it gives :XD: Great song to wrap up the album or I could be feeling depressed when I reached the end of the album.

My laptop doesn't seem to be able to play the blu-ray disc though even though there's a BD-ROM drive icon under Devices with Removable Storage :/ Gonna have to look up on how to play it when I have the time. Supposed to be studying now :desksweat: But this totally made my day :V:

花束 is now one of my all time favourites :cry: :cry: :cry:

Signal made me go WTF when I started listening to it

Kowz! Thank you so so much! Downloaded it yesterday but due to inappropriate manners, waited till today to thank you properly... :imdead:

I love Door, Hanataba, Kiichigo ni Shigemi ni. All are awesome and stand out in some way or another. They're all melancholic, emotional works as well... I'm a suckler for this sort of works.

Signal is growing on me after the first listen It sounded kinda chaotic at first. Is it just me or does it sound a bit like Progressive? Especially towards the end, the instrumental part.

Obbligato's guitar is awesome. Very Kore-ish, I should say. Can imagine him in the lives now. Can't wait...!

So, with the addition of Yume, Consolation, and all the other single songs, this album... :goodjob: SUGOI! Kajiura-san and Kalafina girls!

as per my procrastination routine, i am going to rank the songs :ohoho:

1. 花束 - I think this is my favourite song since fricken ARIA :cry: i'm glad i've lived to the day an accordion has been used in a Kalafina song (it was also interesting how it was used in signal)
2. consolation - hikaru stands out the most here imo. great song
3. moonfesta - i always loved moonfesta! love the instrumentation.
4. al fine - beautiful intro ;_;
5. 未来 - catchy.
6. 満天 - manten took ages to grow on me but i quite like it now. i haven't watched the associated anime (same goes for all the songs tbh..) so perhaps it's harder to be attached to it. fits well in the album - if that even means anything considering what a beautiful mess of an album this is :XD:
7. signal - freaked me out on the first listen. tbh, i was more fascinated by it on the first listen regardless of the WTF reaction i had. repeated listens are actually making it more and more tiring, contrary to others who are saying it's growing on them with more listens :cry:
8. ひかりふる - nice song, wakana's vocals were never a problem for me. (but that probably sounds incredibly biased if you were to look at my username :XD: )
9. 夢の大地 - ehhhh. I find it kinda boring. however it seems like one of the songs that I end up loving after repeated listens.
10. Door - A bit like Yume no Dachi in that it seems like it'll grow on me with repeated listens.
11. to the beginning - i never really liked this song that much :spotlight:
12. obbligato - i don't know why, but i just don't really like it.
13. 木苺の茂みに - sounds too similar to other songs in their discography

unfortunately Consolation turned out to what I kinda expected it to be -an album that fought with After Eden for the title of '2nd Worst album'. I was actually expecting this to be a lot worse, and actually I think it managed to claim this imaginary title I made up :plot: sorry After Eden.

just came back from kalafina cafe....it was ehhh okay. the "kalafina original menu" consisted of just a drink each for the girls. keiko's drink was kinda gross lol my friend ordered it and was not pleased. i ordered wakana's and hers was pretty good. there were no pics allowed, but as usual, since i'm a foreigner, no one tells me anything so i took pics :ohoho: :XD: i wrote on their wall etc etc and they had the regular ver of consolation up for sale. no "kalafina cafe" merch this time.....pretty disappointed...excited for the museumssss~

@WIFG: Just say that you dont really like upbeat songs, because that's what I noticed from your review. This album is overall way better than After Eden and ever Red Moon in both melody (most songs dont remind you of older songs melody wise), instrument choices (accoustic piano in Door, accordion in Hanataba, signal - than just using string and violin or flute like she usually does)- and singing quality, the girls sing with much much more emotion than in After Eden and you can see that from the way the girls sing in Door (Wakana) Obligato (Hikaru), and 夢の大地 (all 3). And I think that most members agree with this.

They shipped my order today! :sohappy:

Actually, the tracking number says they shipped it on 3/16/, but the package is still in Japan, so it seems. I really hope it arrives as fast as AE did, but it'll probably be different this time. :uh..:

Lol they sent me the email saying that they shipped it today after I had already received the parcel :XD:

^Wow, really? You got the CD already? That's amazing. Now everything makes sense, lol.

Re:

jac177 said:
Lol they sent me the email saying that they shipped it today after I had already received the parcel :XD:

Same thing happened to me this morning :XD: Now I remember why I've never been very concerned with tracking numbers when buying from CDJapan...

Booklet scans if anyone's interested. My scanner's not that great though. Password: quovadis

Thank you cruel angel! With the help of our musicians page, I managed to write down the credits for the new album songs. For older album songs please see the discography entries:

to the beginning & manten: http://canta-per-me.net/discography/to-the-beginning/
moonfesta: http://canta-per-me.net/discography/moonfesta/
hikari furu & mirai: http://canta-per-me.net/discography/hikari-furu/

All songs, lyrics, arrangement, programming: Yuki Kajiura

al fine
Strings: Kiyo Kido Strings

Consolation
Guitar: Korenaga Koichi
Drums: Sato Kyoichi
Bass: Takahashi "jr" Tomoharu
Chorus: Yuriko Kaida / Hanae Tomaru

Door
Drums: Nozaki Masuke (Shinsuke)
Piano: Matsuda Masato
Chorus: Yuriko Kaida, Hanae Tomaru, Yuki Kajiura

Hanataba
Drums: Nozaki Masuke (Shinsuke)
Accordion: Sato Yoshiaki
Chorus: Hanae Tomaru

Signal
Accordion: Sato Yoshiaki
Chorus: Yuriko Kaida

obbligato
Chorus: Yuriko Kaida, Hanae Tomaru, Yuki Kajiura

Kichigo no shigemi ni
Piano: Matsuda Masato
Cello: Watanabe Tatsuki

Yume no Daichi
Flute: Takakuwa Hideyo
Chorus: Yuriko Kaida

I will later update the album's page too.

Back