Kalafina 4th album “Consolation”

Sorry but al fine is touching me so deeply... *goes to the bed crying inconsolably*
Consolation really fits with the style of the new songs, my...

@ Nobelly: No you are not, but its really rare for people to get married and especially make kids so early, that's why I was suprised. [in my country most people get married around 28-32 and make kids 1-2 years after.]

@ george1234: Ahh I see, but I was never married... Life does unfortunately never go as planned... Hopefully no one judging me now ... :uh..:

Ah, the album leaked! It doesn't seem so by the look of it, but is there any new folk song on the album?

@Nobelly, awww your son dances to moonfesta? I would be the happiest mother just seeing my son (well, if I had one) doing that!

Mace63 wrote: @Nobelly, awww your son dances to moonfesta? I would be the happiest mother just seeing my son (well, if I had one) doing that!
I would be the happiest mother too! :sohappy:

Re:

HimeWakana said:
Mace63 wrote: @Nobelly, awww your son dances to moonfesta? I would be the happiest mother just seeing my son (well, if I had one) doing that!
I would be the happiest mother too! :sohappy:

Oh yes, I am! For sure! Since then i love Moonfesta. My little one reacts very strongly to Yuki's music anyway... More than any other music. I'm very happy about that! :shy: :dote:

Re:

First impression after listening through all the new tracks... Yume no Daichi and Door are definitely my favourites.
Al fine was also quite nice, and I find it interesting how every line in it seems to be referencing another song on the album... It can almost be seen as a 107-second promotion of the CD it's on...
"hikari ga furu" (Should go without saying.)
"hajimari e to" (To the beginning)
"DOA ga hiraku" (Door)
"GARASU no hana" (Hanabata)
"tsuki no matsuri" (Moonfesta)
"ten no *can't make this line out entirely*" (Manten)
"sora no ao to" (Signal)
"natsu no hikari" (Kiichigo no Shigemi ni)
"*Not sure what they're saying here*"
"hitori janai kokoro-tachi ga" (Mirai)
"tsunagu MELODY" (Not sure EDIT: Wait. Yume no Daichi. Obviously. Excuse me while I go punch myself in the face for missing the reference to the one new song I've heard the most times already.)
"kimi no tame no CONSOLATION" (Should go without saying)
So yeah, while I couldn't make out all of the lines and haven't really listened to every track enough to connect every line to a song, the pattern is pretty obvious.

Kith289 said:
One gripe I have is there's not enough Keiko!!!! Can't she start a song at least once?! She only has little solos here are there throughout the whole album.
Well, there was To the Beginning... Though I noticed a distinct lack of her on any of the new tracks, that is true. For there can never be enough Keiko.

Lord Starfish, welcome to the forum! Please enjoy your stay!

Nice job noticing the references in Al fine!

Lord Starfish said:
Well, there was To the Beginning... Though I noticed a distinct lack of her on any of the new tracks, that is true. For there can never be enough Keiko.

Actually I was expecting 1 song with her as main vocal, I think she deserves 1 track out of 13 to be with her as main. The most generous album for her was Red Moon, followed by After Eden's Mune no Yukue.

I just noticed that in "Consolation", Keiko does chorus for Hanae's kajiurago parts, and that is so much like in vol 9 DVD :dote:

thanks kowz you just make my fever go away :sohappy:

brb downloading :hero:

btw do any of you know what is the meaning of this cover? :knife:
i found it on tumblr

tumblr_mjrao45LkN1s4211ao3_500.jpg

^Ahhh, I definitely did not want to see that before getting my copy. It's ok, though. I'm pretty sure it's the alternate cover that you get with the CD+DVD and/or blu ray. The slipcase has the actual covers, but the booklet has an alternative one (same thing was on After Eden LE).

I actually think that Keiko starts obbligato as well, with her harmonizing herself as well, since Hikaru's verse in the second part sounds really different.

obbligato really grew on me. The guitar is delicious, it feels like an old 80s song or something.

Wow I really like this album! With the other albums I was able to say of this is Hikaru/Wakana/Keiko's song, but with this album, I just think it's Kalafina! :nosebleed:
They really sound like they are blending together, as they are able to flow from one singer to another. They've improved so much!

Though I would have liked more Keiko, it didn't bug me as much as when After Eden was released. I really like Hikaru in this album too! She is very talented with her ability to vary her voice to fit the mood of the song. And Wakana sounds great too :dote:

I surprisingly really love Hikaru in this album too, save for her "shiroi" in Door which is really awful in the "i". Hikaru in Hanataba is love~

Still refraining from listening to the leak... :comeback:

By the way, I'm new to this whole pre-ordering stuff online thing so I'm not sure what to expect. The status on CDJapan says 'In shipping process' but I have yet to receive a confirmation mail with the tracking number (I chose EMS). Am I supposed to receive the email later or did it get lost somewhere?

^ You haven't gotten the email that tells you they've shipped your order right? I think 'in shipping process' means they're working on it but haven't actually sent it out yet. So you should be getting the tracking number with the email that tells you they've sent out your order.

Joining you in restraining myself from listening to the leak :comeback:

OMG consolation album is so good..all new songs are just awesome...i wish yuki compose new ost of new anime :sohappy: ...like she compose in.this album..

Thanks CruelAngel! Oh mannnn I hope I get it sometime this week. My resolve is crumbling fast. At least there's the WOWOW anniversary live to console myself with :touched:

Back