Kalafina 4th album “Consolation”

Wow what a surprise!! :sohappy:

Door and Singnal, caught my attention :shy:

I knew it, 8 new songs!!! :nosebleed:

I need to buy the LE + B versión, Colombia is region 1 :uh..:

Re:

george1234 said:
Ashita no Keshiki - neverending

I would imagine Hikari no senritsu and neverending but Ashita no keshiki? Hmm... How did this pairing come about? :)

^
I've just wanted to point out that to George, lol :XD:

Kalafina songs are long because Kajiura loved to give a lengthy instrumental solo/interlude. It's shown really prominently in After Eden songs, with that lengthy guitar solo in Magia, magnolia, destination unknown, in your eyes, and Mune no Yukue, and a 6 minute song with half of it being instrumental only (sandpiper). So maybe these new songs will have less instrumental solo.

about Yume no Daichi, actually I only hope for maybe there's a Keiko solo in the album version. It's just me and my Keiko-fanboyishness.I don't really enjoy the lengthy songs either.

Well, less instrumental solo maybe will cut the stupid choreography that always happen during Kalafina live performance.

Re: Re:

grunty said:
george1234 said:
Ashita no Keshiki - neverending

I would imagine Hikari no senritsu and neverending but Ashita no keshiki? Hmm... How did this pairing come about? :)

just talking into account the instruments used, not necessarily if its ballad or upbeat.

the wakana part kinda reminds me of Ahita no Keshiki, but you're right Hikaru no Senritsu closer.

I remember that Kajiura-sensei mentioned in one of her tweets, that her sister listened one of the newly mixed songs and she said that the song is long but when you listen it, it doesn't feel so. And then Kajiura-sensei answerd that "only the intro is long (~1 minute), the song itself is commonly 5 minutes. Of course, it's not common for a song to be longer than 5 minutes, but there're shorter new songs, too." :ayashii:

keikochan4 said:
I remember that Kajiura-sensei mentioned in one of her tweets, that her sister listened one of the newly mixed songs and she said that the song is long but when you listen it, it doesn't feel so. And then Kajiura-sensei answerd that "only the intro is long (~1 minute), the song itself is commonly 5 minutes. Of course, it's not common for a song to be longer than 5 minutes, but there're shorter new songs, too." :ayashii:

^ she probably refers to Obbligatio then. (since its the only 1 that has 1 + 5 minutes)

Its always nice to hear about the opinion of her family members about her music (and I want her sister to play in more of her songs :cry: )

Hey, thanks for the tracklist!! :sohappy:

Obbligato, Al fine and Raspberry bushes/garden woke my interest :ayashii:
But everyone talking about signla spins my curiostity too :plot:

Considering song length, I think it really depends on how song is arranged, and a taste of person of course. I listened once to a song that was only 1:54 long but felt like it was longer and I really enjoyed it.
As for Red Moon, I really love that song so no matter the length I just enjoy listening to it!

Re:

george1234 said:
^ She only played Snare for Himitsu (the original ver) and Secret game from Noir :XD:

http://canta-per-me.net/discography/noir2/
http://canta-per-me.net/discography/noir3/

(for Himitsu the credit is on the booklet)

Thank you george! Now I could fill up a gap of education! :XD:
I instantly knew the melody of "secret game", because I listened to the FictionJunction album! :ohoho: Didn't know "Himitsu" was related to Noir.

Ah, I really need to listen to her old pieces! :desksweat:

To come back to Consolation: Maybe "al fine" has something to do with "to the beginning"? :confu: Because their titles mean the contrary. If I remember right, Yuki said once that she originally composed "to the beginning" differently. So maybe she used some bits of the original song, to create this interlude? (I mean, it's only 1:47min long...)

Hm interesting point, but imo that speculation would be more likely if the title of the new song was "to the beginning" in italian (is it all'inizio ?) :XD:

Woohoo! They are all good lengths. I do agree that some songs were a little long, I think of te to, Eden, and red moon as well. (I still like the songs though) But I think obligatto will be a good song. I think of an opera-ish song, which I usually don't like but we'll see. I preordered the DVD version. :dote: Can't wait until next month!

Re:

george1234 said:
Hm interesting point, but imo that speculation would be more likely if the title of the new song was "to the beginning" in italian (is it all'inizio ?) :XD:

Hmm, I don't think so. In this interview that I mentioned before, which I can't find anymore :stupidtable: (wow that rhymed! :sohappy: ...................................... :desksweat: ) Yuki mentioned, that the previous version of ttb was too dark for the producers, so they wanted her to revise it. They wanted her song to be more optimistic, because, although Fate/Zero ending tragically, it is only a prehistory to Fate/stay night, which ends good. So ttb should thematically not lead to the end of Fate/Zero, as she did in the first version, but to the beginning of Fate/stay night (, a show which I really dislike, but that's beside the point!).

So, do you understand what I want to say? :V:

Al fine = in the end :glasses:

Eh? :gimmeh:

^Yes, it is indeed! I searched the Fate/Zero topic, but somehow I must have missed it! :uh..:

Thank you George! (as always) :XD:

So, now I have an evidence to substantiate my theory:

I:
This time, during composition, did anything different or unexpected happen?

K:
There was nothing unexpected about this part...it was the opening theme that had an unexpected situation. This time, I was charged with an opening theme by Kalafina, and the song I first created was actually very dark (laughs). I was so enthusiastic about making a song to fit the second season (laughs), so I made a tragic, fast and scary song. But the staff wanted the opening theme to clearly transmit the "hope for tomorrow". Then I remade it into the current "to the beginning". The ending theme sang by Haruna Runa-chan is also a gentle, warm song. Probably both songs pass the idea of "salvation". Now, I think that it was a good choice.

^ ooh interesting theory... :ayashii:

Neverending actually reminds me a lot of Yane no Mukou ni...so if it had made it to the album perhaps that would's been another pairing :ayashii: but it didn't... :uh..:

I think signal might either join the DU/mata kaze/ongaku family or the kyrie/magnolia family... :ayashii: but I also get the vague impression it could be similar to love come down and/or fantasia :XD:

/\ Either way would be fine with me; I'll be happy with anything like Magnolia, Kyrie, Mata Kaze ga, or Lirica.

Anyway, I'm incredibly intrigued by these new titles, especially Consolation, al fine, and Obbligato; they sound more like they could be Seventh Heaven-y, or ballads like sandpiper (perhaps Kotonoha or Haru wa Kogane). I'm not sure what to expect out of Door or Signal, and certainly not Hanataba or Kichigo no shigemi ni... . :sohappy: I'm not so sure about Yume no Daichi, though, as it didn't seem so amazing in the video from the show, and I am not really happy about Moonfesta either, though I knew it would be here.
I've never liked that song. :glower:

As for sound, the past few singles seem to be straddling the line between Red Moon and After Eden in terms of sound and style, though I personally would prefer the result to be more of the former, like to the beginning and Manten, or even more of the ethereal, otherworldly persuasion. However, I do understand if the idea is to keep them more live performance-suitable. *I just hope that any rock songs don't have (or have more interesting) guitar solos, which Kajiura-san seems almost contractually obligated to put in at this point, and draw out the songs too much for me when half of the album has them. :uh..:

On the whole, I'm really excited for this album. And I wonder what the color scheme will be... :sohappy:

im looking forward to this album (duh it's Kalafina!) but i hope the songs surpass the standards of the singles. the latest 3 singles probably are my least favourite releases by them :cry: moonfesta is probably my favourite of those 3

door? :ayashii: I shouldn't be so sceptical of song titles after yane no mukou ni which is one of my favourite songs
for some reason, when I try imagining what the cover art will look like, I imagine something green

Back