Kalafina 4th album “Consolation”

I'm loving all the new songs' title. It's all so cute~ :XD:

Can't wait for the samples~

Wow that was fast. Can't wait for all those new songs! :sohappy:

No Yane no Mukou ni though. :uh..:

Thanks for the setlist! I'm also looking forward to their new songs, especially Yume no Daichi. I wonder if there will be love songs in any of the new tracks though...

Of all the title, Door and signal intrigued me the most~

My bet obbligato is another 2 minutes song, like intermezzo, interlude 01 or Kotonoha.

I think signal will be the rock-ish song ala Ongaku, Mata Kaze, DU etc., Consolation sounds like it'll be a ballad

...feeling ambivalent towards Door...not too sure what to expect :XD:

Raspberry Bushes sound Natsu no Ringo-ish, except maybe lighter and happier? It reminds me of a children's song lol.

:omg: And I just realised, apart from obliggato...

Definition: The Italian musical phrase al fine (“to the end”) is an indication to play to the end of the music, or until you reach the word fine. Al fine is usually seen in the commands D.C. al fine and D.S. al fine.

http://piano.about.com/od/musicaltermsa ... alFine.htm

What's with this use of musical terminology song titles? :ayashii:

^
When I read signal, I think about upbeat songs too. 'Cause the word signal reminds me of stone cold so much (kitto kimi no kaeteyuku signal~)

I hope the songs are as exciting as the titles are~ :XD:

I wonder if it will be similar to Honoh no Tobira :ayashii:

yes rasberry garden sounds lot like Natsu no ringo. Overall the new songs seem calm from the titles. Al fine might be some dark ballad like lirica.

Bouquet: something about confession ? :ayashii:

thanks for the news Nobelly :sohappy:

The regular Edition page has the titles romanised too

1. AL FINE
2. CONSOLATION
3. MOONFESTA
4. DOOR
5. MIRAI
6. HANATABA
7. SIGNAL
8. OIBBLIGATO
9. KIICHIGO NO SHIGEMI NI
10. MANTEN
11. TO THE BEGINNING
12. HIKARI FURU
13. YUME NO DAICHI

1. al fine (1m47s)
  2. consolation (5m07s)
  3. moonfesta~ムーンフェスタ~ (4m26s)
  4. Door (5m24s)
  5. 未来 (4m30s)
  6. 花束 (4m49s)
  7. signal (4m56s)
  8. obbligato (6m09s)
  9. 木苺の茂みに (3m15s)
  10. 満天 (5m12s)
  11. to the beginning (4m14s)
  12. ひかりふる (4m52s)
  13. 夢の大地 (4m01s)

Total length: 59m06s

^^
I'll be more glad if door is like adoor, though :XD: /isshot

Wow, obbligato turned out to be the longest track from it's all, lol :XD:

[edit]So that Yume no Daichi in that previous RHH video is already the full version of the song, and there's no extra part then...a bit disappointed here.

I'm pleased. Songs don't need to be 5min+ long just for the sake of being long.

6 mins for Obbligato? :omg:

I don't know why, but the word somehow reminds me of Oblivious. :XD:

I hope al fine turns out to be good, I don't really like short songs since it feels like they end far too early, and the goodness is just too short. :cry:

I noticed that CD Japan is noting only the DVD to not have subtitles, which might mean that the BD will have :confu:

This edition comes with a booklet (same contents with a booklet included in type B) (subject to change), DVD featuring video clip, documentary from abroad event, and more. *The DVD disc is encoded for region 2 (Japan, Europe, and Middle East), and no subtitles are included.

This edition comes with a booklet (same contents with a booklet included in type A) (subject to change), Blu-ray featuring video clip, documentary from abroad event, and more.

Interesting tracklist! Thank you Nobelly and grunty!

Can't wait for the release! :sohappy:

@grunty
I'm pleased. Songs don't need to be 5min+ long just for the sake of being long.
Kalafina songs being long just for the sake of being long? :confu: That's new to me...

There are maybe some few songs you could could discuss about being a bit stretched: Hikari no Senritsu (2x chorus in a row), in your eyes (in general), Ashita no Keshiki (1st verse) but I can't think of other ones...

In the end it's of course a matter of taste :ohoho: But because I often listen to (and play) classical music where pieces are often very long, I don't have any problems with length :XD:

^ Red Moon (bridge) is also too long. Also grunty talks generally, not only about Kalafina, eg, stone cold was endless.

^Red Moon: I think she could've left out the part after the epic chordic chorus at least once, best after the second chorus (Ikiteyuku to todokuyouni) But I love this song so much, that it doesn't matter for me! :dote:

stone cold: You are right there, I have to admit! Way too much repetition of the verse... :uh..: (and then the verse-like bridge part after the guitar solo :omg: ) But I really like the rest of the song after 4:22min! :dote:

wiiii THANKS MINNA FOR THE SETLIST!! :shy: :shy: I'm so curious about "al fine", "Consolation" and "Obbligato"!!

:nosebleed: lot's of new info~

can't wait for "kawai girls Japan" interview.. i want to know the concept of this album.. is it LIVE performence like Eden.. or back to usual kajiuran style of 7th heaven and red moon..

well.. my guess is, since they put moonfesta at the early track, i think the beginning section will have a folk feel up to mirai then it will sound like Red Moon and 7th Heaven until manten, and from that to the end of album it will sound like After Eden.. well, we already heard all the 3 last song.. and i can say that those 3 could fit perfectly in After Eden..

so:

[sounds Folk like Storia]
1. AL FINE
2. CONSOLATION
3. MOONFESTA
4. DOOR
----------------------------------------------------------------------
[sounds Magical like red moon & 7th Heaven]
5. MIRAI
6. HANATABA
7. SIGNAL
8. OIBBLIGATO
9. KIICHIGO NO SHIGEMI NI
10. MANTEN
----------------------------------------------------------------------
[sounds LIVE like After Eden]
11. TO THE BEGINNING
12. HIKARI FURU
13. YUME NO DAICHI

:psst: all of this is my pure prediction.. i might be wrong (big time) but that what i see when i saw the list.. all base on my analysis as musician and yuki's fan..

^ The only objection I have to this is that the 3 previous albums have some similarities / pairings with each other in tern of the music style of the songs, like

serenato - sandpiper
Ashita no Keshiki - neverending
Ongaku - Kyrie - magnolia
Mata Kaze ga - Destination unknown

So unless you mean the general feel of each album, I think that the new songs will either have their own style (which I prefer) or they will have similar with songs of the previous albums.

We've already confirmed 1 pairing for the new album:

symphonia - Yume no Daichi

notice that all these pairings are with album songs (not released as singles)

Back