Kalafina 3rd Album「After Eden」

murrue02 said:
I wish I could, but you're pointing a knife on me :swt:

Kugatsu has grown on me, it's not like that I don't like it before, I just like it even more now than I did before. :touched:
:XD:

Spirica Rose said:
Could you try to describe it? :plz:

Nothing really special :p
It's a story about a girl/woman (that's me~ :sparkleguy: ) that went through a lot of :kungfu: :whip: :ouch: :punched: :hero: in finding the Magnolia ice-cream. A shot from behind, following my every movement. Keiko's 'magno~li~a~' part is where I showed my happy face after finally able to hold the ice-cream. It's a short baka PV, gahahah! Baka ne? :ohoho:

And LOL for the Magnolia overload in this tread! XD

Re:

Kagaribi no Hanabira said:
^But Magnolia (and also Magnolia that is mentioned in Kalafina's 'Magnolia' song) is really Magnolia flower....what's wrong with that...:confu:. .. You made me confused.. :uh..: .
But it's a flower that grows on a tree? :vortex:

They are pretty trees, we have some around here, unfortunately I did not take that picture. heh I think there's one in our neighbor's yard though.

The track Magnolia suddenly popped up when I started typing this comment..lol. Most of Magnolia that I have seen so far is a bit pink or purple like in the pic, but Magnolia in the song is described as a white flower. Maybe most of Magnolia in Japan (or in Asia?) is white..:confu:. (they may be in different subspecies.., like white cherry blossom (maybe from Europe..I guess..) and pink cherry blossom (aka sakura))

KONIcchi said:
Nothing really special :p
It's a story about a girl/woman (that's me~ :sparkleguy: ) that went through a lot of :kungfu: :whip: :ouch: :punched: :hero: in finding the Magnolia ice-cream. A shot from behind, following my every movement. Keiko's 'magno~li~a~' part is where I showed my happy face after finally able to hold the ice-cream. It's a short baka PV, gahahah! Baka ne? :ohoho:

And LOL for the Magnolia overload in this tread! XD

I think it's interesting. :XD: I liked the amount of :kungfu: :whip: :ouch: :punched: :hero:

Re:

Kagaribi no Hanabira said:
The track Magnolia suddenly popped up when I started typing this comment..lol. Most of Magnolia that I have seen so far is a bit pink or purple like in the pic, but Magnolia in the song is described as a white flower. Maybe most of Magnolia in Japan (or in Asia?) is white..:confu:. (they may be in different subspecies.., like white cherry blossom (maybe from Europe..I guess..) and pink cherry blossom (aka sakura))
I thought so too, I saw a White Magnolia before.Maybe it has a pink color version which Lina posted, the Sakura-like Magnolia.

Dears all, since manyones already gave us the scan, I just took photos from my stuffs and picked some big pics to adjust them in the wallpaper size (1920*1080) without any special decoration..(Sorry about that...) Another thing is I assume that many people use windows OS and all icons on the desktop are on the left, so I flipped some pics horizantally to make the girls' photos be on the right. :) Here are all upload links:

After Eden: LE booklet (6p)
http://www.mediafire.com/?kcn8kmohmxmh545

After Eden: LE Pamphlet (13p)
http://www.mediafire.com/?wgr01dakb3ma8xb

More

Kalafina 2012 Calendar (22p)
http://www.mediafire.com/?597be8d70lb2w2q

Kalafina Record (29p)
http://www.mediafire.com/?436oo467b62axh3

So finally, I have time to say something about this album. (briefly)
I'm quite disappointed, I only like magnolia. The rest is...boring, dunno why.
I wished there were an instrumental version, because that track is even better than their singing... Love that upbeat techno sound at the beginning.

I want new songs like the epic Kara no Kyoukai song from the Seventh Heaven release.
Oblivious...Spinter...Aria :cry:

^ They were all a bit lacklustre for me too compared to some of their previous releases but the new songs grew on me after a while...I do admit the new Kalafina ballads aren't what they used to be (Seventh Heaven...omg) :TdT:

I love most of the new songs now, but kugatsu and kotonoha are still a bit meh. On another note, Hikaru sounds reaally good on this album...better than previous :shy:

@Kei: I'd say the reason you find it boring is because this album is so drastically different from the previous ones. For me, Seventh Heaven has a very mysterious and fantastic mood, Red Moon has a Gothic and dramatic mood, and After Eden's mood is mostly lighter and more 'everyday'. Magnolia's the closest track to Red Moon's, so I can understand why you like it the most. All in all, I think that After Eden aimed for a much different dynamic.

@Cerise: Kotonoha is actually tied with Destination Unknown for my favorite song of After Eden :XD:

I agree about Hikaru...especially in the beginning of Neverending. While her voice sounds quite different than usual, I think it really fits her~

^ Kotonoha's nice, but it doesn't blow me away like, say, sandpiper does as a ballad. I also think Hikaru's voice (or even Keiko's maybe) was better suited for Kotonoha and Kugatsu than Wakana, espeically kotonoha (I'm far from a musical expert but she sounded like she had to struggle a bit more than usual to hit some of those notes)

In general Hikaru just sounds more mature and compelling on this album I think :nosebleed: I agree with you ninetales - the beginning of neverending was :nosebleed: :nosebleed: and also the verses of sandpiper :dote:

I really wanna hear the new songs live though :stars: especially destination unknown and sandpiper :touched:...but I'm also curious as to how Hikaru will pull off 'in your eyes'...and how Wakana will do on symphonia cos she sounds a bit...odd...at times on the second half of the song

Not to mention I wanna see their dancing for various songs too :plot:

Edit: Actually, does anyone else think Wakana sounds different on this album than previous ones? Just very slightly...

I strongly agree with what you say about Hikaru in Neverending. She didn't sound annoying there, that's why it's one of my favorite track in After Eden.

Back