Kajiura to be at Tsuda College

aki

I have reached Yuki nirvana
found out about this from this blogpost

Free Q&A Event at Tsuda College
November 15th (Saturday)
15:00-16:00 at the Courtyard Stage (?) (if it rains it'll be in a classroom)
http://tsudajukusai.web.fc2.com/contentsdetail/yuki_kajiura.html said:
梶浦由記
Date:15日(土)15:00〜16:00@中庭ステージ(雨天時は新館特別教室)
Site:FictionJunction.com
Twitter:梶浦由記 Yuki Kajiura

梶浦由記さんへの質問を募集中!!
当日のトークショー中、梶浦さんへお尋ねする質問を募集しています。
質問、その他の問い合わせはこちらの該当項目からお願い致します。
***10月29日追記
本トークショーの観覧は無料です。
観覧をご希望の方は当日会場にお越しください。
雨天の場合は会場が屋内になりますので、その都合上人数制限が発生します。
晴天の場合は、中庭で行いますので会場の人数制限はございません。
お席に座ってのご観覧や前の方でのご観覧を希望される場合はお早めのご来場をおすすめいたします。

※29日23:30訂正:【整理券の配布はありません。】お詫びして訂正致します。 **********

作詞・作曲・編曲を手掛けるマルチ音楽コンポーザー。
 2002年、自身のユニット『See-Saw』でテレビアニメ『機動戦士ガンダムSEED』のエンディングテーマである、 『あんなに一緒だったのに』がヒット。2004年より、個人プロジェクト『FictionJunction』の活動を開始し、数々のCDをリリース。
 ライブ活動では、日本国内だけでなく海外でもワンマンライブを行う等、世界中のファンを魅了している。 2007年には、劇場版『空の境界』全7作の音楽を担当し、同時に主題歌プロジェクト『Kalafina』をスタート。 2014年7月に2枚同時リリースのBest Album「THE BEST“Red”」「THE BEST“Blue”」は、オリコンアルバムウィークリーチャート 初登場3、4位と連続チャートインを果たした。
 これまでに数々のアニメ作品のサウンドトラックとテーマ曲を担当し、その中でも「魔法少女まどか☆マギカ」は社会現象になる程に。 アニメ作品以外にも、北野武監督・主演映画「アキレスと亀」やNHK歴史番組「歴史秘話ヒストリア」、2014年には、大人気ドラマ NHK連続テレビ小説「花子とアン」を担当するなど、ジャンルを問わず、幅広い作曲・音楽プロデュースを手がける。
 ヨーロッパと東洋のエッセンスが融合した独自の世界観を持つサウンドで、日本のみにとどまらず、ワールドワイドに熱い支持を集めている。

http://tsudajukusai.web.fc2.com/about/outside.html said:
梶浦由記さんのトークショーに関するお問い合わせ
本年度の津田塾祭では、当校の卒業生である梶浦由記さんをお招きし、トークショーを開催する予定です。こちらに関するお問い合わせは、下記までお願い致します。当日梶浦さんにお尋ねする質問も募集しています!
Mail:tsudajukusai.talkshow.2014@gmail.com
Tel:042-342-5132(津田塾大学学生生活課)

Apparently Kajiura has been tweeting about her memories of college and that area
http://kiasukid.blogspot.com/2014/11/kajiura-yuki-to-hold-talk-show-at-tsuda.html said:
なつかしいのう。当時は国立市に住んでいたので、国分寺丘陵をものともせずチャリで通ってた!……時期もあった……。(途中で挫折した)

Nostalgic. At that time she was living in Kunitachi City. And she used to ride her bike through Kokubunji Hill.

(note; I couldn't find a Kokubunji Hill and I did a search both in Japanese and English... so it could be a hill in Kokubunji City, Kunitachi City and Kokubunji City are next to each other.)

そう、高校も大学も家もさんたまだった当時の私。さんたまは大好きでしたが、それでもお勤めして暫くして霞ヶ関勤務になった時、「ついに……ついに憧れのゼロサンに!(´▽`)(電話の市外局番的に)」と思ったものでございます……。

At that time, the high school she attended, the university she attended and her home were all in the three Tama (san tama) districts in Tokyo.

(note: the 3 Tama regions are Nishitama, Minamitama and Kitatama, which is a pretty big area actually.)
Although she loved the three Tama area, still, she was working for a while an office located in Kasumigaseki. She thought, at last, she got the 03 that she had been yearning for.
(note: Kasumigaseki is in Chiyoda Ward which is one of the 23 wards of Tokyo.
03 is the telephone area code for Tokyo.)

大学入って、地方から来た友達と「家?国立市」「ん、何県?」「東京だよ!\(*`∧´)/」繰り返されたそんな会話も懐かしい。東京はね……23区だけじゃないんだよ……。

After she entered university, friends would ask her where her home was and she would say it's in Kunitachi City. They'll ask what prefecture the city is in. She'll say Tokyo! \(*`∧´)/.
She kept having to say that and on recalling that, she finds it nostalgic and continues to say that Tokyo isn't only made up of 23 Wards.

国立市も引っ越しちゃってから行っていないけど、また天下市の時にでも遊びに行きたいですのう。もう今年は終わってしまいましたが……。

She hasn't returned to Kunitachi City ever since she moved out of the city. She wants to go and play again during the time of the Tenkaichi. But this year's Tenkaichi is already over...

(note: As far as I have been able to figure out, Kunitachi City holds an event called Tenkaichi at the start of November every year. The Tenkaichi is a three day street market. Technically, this year's Tenkaichi isn't over yet but today is the last day and I don't suppose she'll have time to go.)

Is it the college where she learned engineering ? :dote:

Thank you for all that info and the translation aki!!!

^ lol haha it was obvious it was a prank from the point she said she would change the name because 50 pouches were printed with u :XD:

^ I wonder who she's going to give the soaps to. Handmade soaps, so precious. Kajiura-san has a big heart :love:

@2Takashi156 is going to attend the Tsuga event and asked me on facebook to tell you that the staff of the college is accepting questions for Kajiura-san. He says we can gather questions and then he will send them to the Tsudajyuku University's school festival staff. The deadline for sending questions is November 10th. He says that if he finds time he will check our posts and gather our questions. He will also message the staff about what kind of questions we can ask (I asked him that, since for example in twitter events we shouldnt ask about the girls), and if he gets a reply he will tell me.

He's also appologising for not being around the forum much due to unversity work load.

Last edited:
I would love to be at this event, but alas~

Kajiura-san's compositional process and motivations are things which definitely interest me. It would be fun to learn more about that.

I want to learn why her sister Miki only played snare drum only in secret game and the (old) himitsu, and not in more songs, was she an amateur then ?
What does she think about cats and birds ? We know she used to have a dog
and also if she quit smoking (I so hope she did!)

Last edited:
【IMPORTANT】
Today, a Tsudajyuku-University's staff replied me about posting Kajiura-san's questions.

(1)The deadline is November 10th.
 (2)It's OK to post questions about Kalafina, FictionJunction and Yuuka Nanri.

On 9th, I'll note all questions from CPM, on 10th, I'm going to send mail to staff.

【IMPORTANT】
Today, a Tsudajyuku-University's staff replied me about posting Kajiura-san's questions.

(1)The deadline is November 10th.
 (2)It's OK to post questions about Kalafina, FictionJunction and Yuuka Nanri.

On 9th, I'll note all questions from CPM, on 10th, I'm going to send mail to staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, there are a few things I'd like to know.

What is Kajiura's opinion on the growing popularity of her projects outside of Japan? Both Kalafina and Kaori have done recent performances in other countries/continents and seem to have had a warm reception, so I wonder what she thinks about it.

What kind of material does she like composing for? Live action? Anime? What type of themes? I know she likes it when she have creative flexibility, but does she prefer any particular type of material to work with?

Why is Believe garbage?

Kaori doesnt count as her project when she sings her own songs - the ones not composed by Kajiura - but as indipendent artist. She surely helped Kaori into making her popular outside Japan though, along with SH.

Tsuda College sure is lucky..:touched:
She was a systems engineering student right?

@george1234

Thank you for posting your questions.

I want to know about your 3rd question.
This question means why Kaori is as an independent artist and
FictionJunction's vocalist.

Is it OK?

Back