Kajiura to be at Tsuda College

My questions:
Are there certain instruments she always starts with when composing a new song?
What is her favourite song to perform live?
Has she thought about a See-Saw reunion live? //hit

- Also what about releasing all the See-Saw releases & the unreleased songs* in a collection ?

*unreleased: a) Female vocal night (16.1.1999), b) Dream Field (the song- see here**) c) Atarashii Yokan ~Only at JUSCO~

-And then finally, for the first time in eight years, your third album is released on Feb 21. What meaning does the title”Dream Field” have?

(Kajiura) One of the meanings is, that I’ve made songs for openings and endings of animes, which are fiction(=dream) . And the other is,that a new song named “Dream Field” was going to be the title song. In terms of recording capacity, however, that is not contained in the album. I was not sure whether to contain “edge”, too. When I listed all of the songs, I found this song was a little too characteristic to contain in the album. This time I didn’t contain it because I wanted to emphasize a flow of the songs.

Last edited:
【CONFIRMATION】
Now, I've collected some members' questions.

・George1234
 ①Why her sister Miki only played snare drum only
  in secret game and the (old) himitsu, and not
  in more songs, was she an amateur then?
 ②What does she think about cats and birds?
  We know she used to have a dog and also
  if she quit smoking (I so hope she did!).
 ③Also what about releasing all the See-Saw releases & the unreleased songs* in a collection ?
  ※unreleased: a) Female vocal night (16.1.1999), b) Dream Field (the song- see here**) c) Atarashii Yokan ~Only at JUSCO~

・Seasonreaper
 ①What is Kajiura's opinion on the growing popularity of her projects outside of Japan?
  Both Kalafina and Kaori have done recent performances in other countries/continents
  and seem to have had a warm reception, so I wonder what she thinks about it.
 ②What kind of material does she like composing for? Live action? Anime? What type of themes?
  I know she likes it when she have creative flexibility, but does she prefer any particular
  type of material to work with?

・aki
 ①Are there certain instruments she always starts with when composing a new song?
 ②What is her favourite song to perform live?
 ③Has she thought of asking Chiaki Ishikawa to be a guest at a YK live?

Everything is OK? If you've not posted your question yet, please post by tomorrow at PM 9:00 (JST).

^ Some things about mine:

- The female vocal night is the live's title, and contains 4 unreleased songs, that why I had link to it
these songs are: Mune no Yukue, Rakuda no Yume, Mania, Himawari.
- The question about smoking is a separate one, you may include it or not, since its a personal thing and I dont want her to get offended.

Can you accomodate one more question?

If there are singers, one Japanese (other than those she had already worked with then and now) and one non-Japanese, you like to compose for, who would it be and why?

Can you accomodate one more question?

If there are singers, one Japanese (other than those she had already worked with then and now) and one non-Japanese, you like to compose for, who would it be and why?

"One Japanese"means only a vocalist?

Sr for posting so late :cry: :bow: Midterm has been torturing me so I couldn't go online for a long time.
Anyway, if u haven't sent the questions yet, please include mine:
1. How many languages does Kajiura-san know? How many of them can she use fluently?
2. How many instruments has she played?
3. Has she ever considered writing a song/soundtrack about/related to System Engineering? :XD:
Thank you in advance!

1-. What's her vocal range?
2.- What type or genre of anime does she prefer to work on?
3.- Does she still want to release "Storytellers"? (In 2003, she said she wanted to release an album inspired by her favorite books)

3.- Does she still want to release "Storytellers"? (In 2003, she said she wanted to release an album inspired by her favorite books)
she did sort of do this, though I'd love to see the project revived

zExgZW0.png

R8kb8V0.png

L8dPuZx.png

qq8Y7qf.png

Actually I remember reading an interview where Kajiura said that her vocal range is 4 octave but she thinks that she's not a good singer and prefer to sing lower or smth.

Do we can still post question(s)? Mine :

1. Based on what criteria does she decide to agree working on a project? For example, could it be the staffs, the story, the characters, or the pay/salary?
2. How does she choose musicians to work with on certain songs/projects? Based on the songs that she composes, by the availability of the musicians, or what? Isn't it easier to work with one musician for one instrument only? For example, Consolation album new songs have Kyoichi Sato on drums in consolation, obbligato, and Yume no Daichi, but have Masuke Nozaki on drums in Door and Hanataba.

Last edited by a moderator:
① What are the song(s) that she listens to when she's down/songs that lifts her up when she needs a boost.
② Her thought process/interesting happenings when she was composing the lyrics for 星屑. I adore this song.
③ If she had to choose a priority, which is more important to her: The overall melody or lyrics.

@2Takashi156 Thanks for compiling.

she did sort of do this, though I'd love to see the project revived

I didn't know she started the project on her site. Do you have all the songs?

Actually I remember reading an interview where Kajiura said that her vocal range is 4 octave but she thinks that she's not a good singer and prefer to sing lower or smth.

4 octaves? That would be impressive. I read that the average is like 1.5 octaves.

Back