KAJIURA+FICTIONJUNCTION ANIME EXPO 2012

Mwhlr said:
Would you say their singing sounded better live then? I think that video really draws attention to some of their off moments.
Well, it's not only about their singing, but the entire sound (including the sound of each music instrument) is a lot more treble-ish than what it sounded like live, which was already quite treble-ish (too much treble, lack of bass) at that time.

I think the microphone of the camera is incapable to capture the true sound of the concert.

^ Actually, I doubt that was the camera's microphone - there's a noticeable lack of distortion, which, given the loud volume, would've definitely overwhelmed the recording if it was just a built-in mike. I'd say the recording is either from the sound system itself (as in the camera was "hooked into" it) or was provided to the video makers after the fact along w/video.

I agree that the quality is bad, though. The mixing is awful, and everything sounds quite flat :uh..:

Re:

ninetales said:
I'd say the recording is either from the sound system itself (as in the camera was "hooked into" it) or was provided to the video makers after the fact along w/video.
Yeah, those are possible reasons, too, for the bad quality sound in the video.

crystalpink said:
Mwhlr said:
Would you say their singing sounded better live then? I think that video really draws attention to some of their off moments.
Well, it's not only about their singing, but the entire sound (including the sound of each music instrument) is a lot more treble-ish than what it sounded like live, which was already quite treble-ish (too much treble, lack of bass) at that time.

I think the microphone of the camera is incapable to capture the true sound of the concert.

It does sound nasty. If that was a camera, obviously your average cameras have a pretty poor frequency response, probably aimed at mid frequencies because that's where speech is most prominent.

Actually, I doubt that was the camera's microphone - there's a noticeable lack of distortion, which, given the loud volume, would've definitely overwhelmed the recording if it was just a built-in mike

Depends on the camera really - Some will have built in gain control I guess, so they can be used in loud situations. I don't know enough about cameras!

Might have just been hooked up to a really jenky microphone.

Thanks for the video!

The higher notes of the battle is to the strong soind so nice :dote: Kaori was sometimes too loud and Wakana was too silent in vanity. But her english sounds much better than in live vol 2.

Re:

Thank you so much for the video!!!

I cried when I heard Wakana in Vanity! Awesome! Epic! :comeback:

HimeWakana said:
But her english sounds much better than in live vol 2.
Yes it's true ^_^

Yes, her English is much better than it was in May 2010...
:ayashii: Certainly she has practiced in secret.
I think, her english singing is better now than Kaoris.

The lead guitar in "In the Land of Twilight Under the Moon" was different. I like it. Thanks for the video. Though I hope Salva Nos and Vanity were longer in the vid. :knife:

^In fact I did not really like the vanity version on Fiction to be honest, but I like it in this video (even in the Best of cd I did not really care for it, although I know that's a compilation album) :shy:

Re:

Alphard Sokaina said:
Thanks for the video!

The higher notes of the battle is to the strong soind so nice :dote: Kaori was sometimes too loud and Wakana was too silent in vanity. But her english sounds much better than in live vol 2.
This is what made me really agree with Ninetales. In the battle is to the strong, you can clearly heard that Wakana&Yuriko are the main vocal in live while Kaori is just on the chorus.

The volumes of each vocalist sounds far different from what I heard at live, especially Keiko&Kaori. (In the live, Keiko sounds louder and in almost all parts, Kaori&Wakana sounds softer.) and I must say that for almost all parts in the video...Kaori sounds better than in the real live... :uh..: ..and Wakana as well..but just in some songs..she really did good in Vanity.

I believe that they used voice from the sound system, recorded each vocalist separately and re-adjust their voice, one by one. So it's so different from what you hear in live. (So there is nothing wrong about Kaori's voice in that day... I think it's just sth. about studio magic... :spotlight: .)

Even my comments look like they sounded worse in live, but it's only about the power of Kaori's voice (and Wakana in some songs.) They blended well in live and Keiko sounds more awesome. I'm so surprised that Yuriko is the only one who almost has no difference between the live&the recorded version...

^I am still so jealous, I would love so see battle is to the strong even though it sounded kind of poor to me in the video, but like you said that is probably because of the sound system, or the mic on the camera. I hope to in the future.

^I think so...the Battle is to the strong sounds better&XS2 Image theme sounds less messy. Salva Nos isn't much different while the other two songs in the video sounds a bit better than in the live. But All of them sounds a bit stiff....I guess that it's because of some kind of recording or adjusting process... :uh..:

Kaori and Keiko are really loud :XD: But I agree with what everyone says about vanity :shy:
This is probably just me but I think Wakana sings better in FJ than in Kalafina...she sounded much smoother and more like her old self than other recent events, though I don't know if that's cos of studio editing... :spotlight:

As for her pronunciation, perhaps Wakana took a few lessons in English from Hikaru :ayashii: battle is to the strong sounds EPIC :stars: Yuriko is so great, her voice is dazzling :TdT: And Kaori in 'in the land of twlight, under the moon' was also awesome :goodjob:

Did someone posted this already?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PF2_hom-r0[/youtube]

Thanks for the video!

It's a pity the translator is not versed in Kajiura Yuki's music, as she misinterpreted the conversation regarding her Kajiuran.

KY said, "I've only written one Latin song, but I often use "made-up words" ("zougo"). For zougo music, I can use those very words that match the melody, or to put it, enhance the melody, so I enjoy making that music very much."

Back