Kajiura Family Media Appearances

lol this is my first time hearing about how Keiko being the one who "forced" them to do the gigs. from what i've read from Kalafina record (or that other Kalafina book), the staffs aka the SME management were the one who said that Kalafina should make live appearance to the point where Kajiura herself (and the girls) even surprised bcs she never imagined them doing lives and the songs are quite hard to translate to live, with them being 3 persons vocal unit while their songs often have Yuriko and/or Kajiura doing the chorus. what is the official source of this info? i'm too lazy to search for that particular interview but I guess with one google search for Kalafina record translation we all can have it.

Maybe I'm phrasing this wrong. From what I understand Keiko wanted to perform. When Hikaru moved to Tokyo, she saw this as the opportunity to perform. She didn't force them to perform. She pushed the issue to the front. In doing so she transformed Kalafina in to what it is today. I can see Management wanting them to perform. Management always wants artists to perform. It's a good revenue generator and it promotes the musc and the band's profile. Keiko, no doubt took this to heart and got the others to perform with her. She didn't force them. She did force the issue. And as history shows. Wakana and Hikaru were all for performing.

I just rewatched their version of Anna ni by See-Saw. Hikaru is really powerful here. She has kept that power through most lives, but this one stands out a lot for me. Wow. They all were great. (I also love the inserted Engrish heh) I for one am glad they stayed a trio, even though lately their works haven't received high marks from this site, but have done well in Japan, and they've been to Budokan, twice in fact! I don't think I would want a life without Kalafina or any of Yuki's works.

Btw... I want that 3rd Yuuka album, like NOW. heh If there was one, or even put them in another FJ album? I would like that as well. Anyways... I hope to see the JMELO as well (every time I see it I see jello lol). Soon hopefully.

So I got Youtube Red for a month free, and I watched the J-MELO video. They are just so cute together. I would not want to break that up. And I also found where each of them joined the group. Hikaru joined last, and Yuki loved her voice and taught her pretty much. (I would want Yuki as my vocal teacher lol) Keiko and Wakana were originally the members, but then when the three got together, Yuki loved how they sounded. And because the movies did so well, it is then that they said that they were moved by Yuki to do lives. That was in another interview with them.

Oh, there's also a compilation of all of the covers from Kalafina club on there too. It's pretty funny.

She joined last compared to Wakana and Keiko, or compared to Maya too ? Because the first part was obvious since W and K knew Yuki from their FJ songs. ( Kaze no Machi e and Hikari no Yukue)

Pretty sure Maya and Hikaru joined together, albeit without knowing each other or Yuki until then.

Yes but they say it as if its a new info, we know it since the first year. (and of course they always pretend Maya never existed)

And the YK vol 2 Opening act as well (Seventh Heaven DVD). She sang on 4 songs there, even though she's only clearly heard in the ARIA one.

I still stick to the CD ver. simply because it has Nozaki on drums. Sato never did sprinter justice. Also, the only Kala sprinter live I like (LisAni 2010) has shitty audio mix.

sprinter from Arena Live 2016 is complete shit, as every other sprinter acoustic live because the song lost its meaning and urgency in this slow arrangement (for me, that is. just saying my thought as everyone will definitely disagree with me on this - I think that's partly the reason why they played it back to the original tempo on the last part of 1st sprinter acoustic live audio we got from 5th anniv live selection and that made the arrangement felt even more awkward) not to mention the horrible vocals on Arena Live 2016

^I agree with you about Nozaki on drums, though with how many of Kala's songs are mixed in the studio, especially their older songs, the drums aren't given justice. The best live with Sato on drums I thought was the Consolation Special Final, as they seemed to have much more presence (ex: TTB)

And Nozaki on the LisAni 2010 performance the drums are really good

Back