Kajiura Family Media Appearances

If you right-click on the image and select "copy image location" you can paste the image URLs, and you can sometimes get higher resolution images by adding :large after the image URL:
C59C2H4VMAAGYBy.jpg

C59qt5vVUAA6k8H.jpg

its not about hoping, its a fact, if you watch carefully, even the playback song during the interview sounded off-key so its definetely the fact that he/she recoded the TV from the phone :) (and today's tv's dont have that good speakers too, because they cant fit larger sound hardware and to make you buy external, like sound bars and home cinema)

I thought the performances posted by @HimeWakana weren't bad or off-key. The only mistakes I noticed were a couple unstable notes towards the end of FotW, Wakana being too loud on Hikaru's solos at the beginning of storia, and storia's bridge being kinda meh (which they struggle with anyway). I think it was the distortion that caused the "off-key" judgments, as that was pretty bad :XD:

I wish they'd stop singing Storia at these media appearances. It's a good song, don't get me wrong, but they don't perform it well enough to use it to demonstrate their vocals. Ring your bell is a much better song to display their harmony work. I get that Storia is a short song too, but man, does it suck when it's not on stage.

Reactions: aki
Even if they sang it perfectly, they still sing it way too much. 90 songs and they pick the same song over and over.

Reactions: aki
A song like storia is great for showing off their harmonies. Not only from the three harmonies all at once for lots of the songs, but from the overlaying vocals during the bridge. I understand why they keep singing it in media appearances but I wish they would stop.
ring your bell would be a better choice.

They did sound lovely though. and looked GORGEOUS AHHHH

Another strong choice would have been Seventh Heaven. Like FotW and Ring Your Bell, it isn't overly reliant on instruments and has a greater emphasis on their vocals, plus Wakana, Keiko and Hikaru all have a roughly even amount of solo influence as well as that harmonisation.

Another strong choice would have been Seventh Heaven. Like FotW and Ring Your Bell, it isn't overly reliant on instruments and has a greater emphasis on their vocals, plus Wakana, Keiko and Hikaru all have a roughly even amount of solo influence as well as that harmonisation.
Seventh Heaven is over 6 minutes long, though, and cutting it anywhere would unbalance the solo amount.

Yes, it's irritating that they sing storia again and again. Come on, Kalafina! You have so much great songs! Sing something another sometimes.

I guess I'll be the only one to defend storia being used in all their TV performances :XD:

Storia is overused as the used song in TV performances, but these performances aren't meant to cater to people who already are fans of Kalafina (meaning that the intended audience wouldn't have heard storia a million times on TV unless they watched RHH). These are basically just used as a promotion device. Another reason is because storia isn't an anisong, even though Kalafina is largely an anisong artist. This means the anime fans watching would think, "Kalafina? I've heard of those people from somewhere", and listen to the performance because of that vague familiarity. Because storia isn't an anisong yet still was a single, it gives those people a chance to hear a song (or shortened version of said song) they wouldn't have heard if they weren't a fan, but also not one that's super obscure. The RHH fans watching would recognize the song from the show and think "Oh! That song's from RHH!" and also watch it.

Sorry for my long and probably unclear rant :hide:

I'm with Westkana on this. Storia is one of their best songs to get new fans. It's a really unique song, very representative of Kalafina. Also, the girls' strong points are for sure their abilities to do amazing harmonies, and Storia is full of rather complex, impressive harmonies during the entire song. If I wanted to show someone what is Kalafina capable of, I'd totally use Storia to do so. Of course it'd be better if they could master the song to perfection, but anyway it's always really enjoyable to see it live.
However, there's no excuse to sing it in every damn live

About the live perfomance, even with the awful sound quality, Far on the Water was FLAWLESS.:plz:It has one of the most beautiful chorus ever, and it's delightful to listen. Really, really enjoyed it.:dote:
Storia is much more difficult to critique since it's too complex to be listened in such quality. Overall I'd say it's not their best, not bad. In fact I love the begining. Maybe Wakana was too loud at some parts and Hikaru slightly off (please, Hikaru, come back to us! :touched:) but anyway it's hard to tell for sure.
And God, why are Wakana's dresses so unflattering lately? :wai: I'd say they need some more volume or using thicker materials at some parts to make them more lively. Now the're too flat and boring. The one on Into the world at least seems to fit better and make an elegant shape, tho-

Seventh Heaven is over 6 minutes long, though, and cutting it anywhere would unbalance the solo amount.

they couldve cut finale from seventh heaven and it'd be barely 4mins long...it won't even be as awkward as how they cut gin no niwa in some of their tv performances.

the only reason they perform storia so much is because that's their widely known song, since it's not used in an anime and the show (RHH) is targeted at wide range of audience.

It's so weird to see Keiko with black hair. I wonder why she stopped colouring it. Not that she doesn't look good with black hair.

Back