Kajiura Family Media Appearances

I think it would be great to try a formula where the composition is done by a other composer and leave the arrangement and lyrics to Kajiura. Or kajiura composition and arrangement someone else. This had happened alot in older songs like Chiba Saeko and Kaori Hikita

i'm really enjoying these covers! the girls sound so amazing. i'm just waiting for that epic zankoku na tenshi no teeze cover :gimmeh::TdT::innocent:lol

it'd be nice to also hear kimi wa boku ni nite iru being covered, too (since they already did anna ni)

Yes for Kalafina cover album and yes for other composers composing songs for Kalafina. In all their more than 7 years of career, I still yet to find a Kajiura song that fully utilises Keiko's vocal ability. Her improvisation in Door live and their cover of Love love love makes me realize that Keiko actually has quite a wide range of singing technique that yet to be fully used in Kajiura song. She only has the chance to show it in improvisation parts, not in a song dedicated to her (not that there are many of those also). Maybe that is due to the fact that Kajiura herself said that Keiko's vocal range is not on her comfort range of song composing but dammit it's as if Kajiura turns a blind eye to her ability and makes her stuck doing harmony forever.
I feel like they take advantage of KC to sing in ways they usually don't in their own songs, especially for Keiko

CAN ANYONE HERE TRANSLATE WHAT THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT?!
WHY DID WAKANA MENTION MALAYSIA at 5:35?

CAN ANYONE HERE TRANSLATE WHAT THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT?!
WHY DID WAKANA MENTION MALAYSIA at 5:35?
Some issues they encountered when returning from Malaysia. They had to return that day but turns out the ticket they got was for the next day. They managed to get on a flight but couldn't make the connecting flight and ended up stranded in Singapore. They managed to get back to Japan safely after that. The trip from Singapore back to Japan killed Wakana's luggage.

A friend of mine actually spotted them at the Singapore airport but as too stunned to do anything as they walked by.

Ty so much for the video^^ Ehm, I don't think her voice suits HnS :swt:

Last edited by a moderator:
faylan cover HnS in Animax musix . There's 1 thread disccussing abt this lol
iirc when Haruna Luna, Aoi Eir, and Elisa performed HnS they were coached by Hikaru?

Yes they were coached by Hikaru. I think Hikaru wrote a blogpost about it? Or was it one of the other girls? I forget. Oh yeah it's indeed Faylan who covered HnS in Animax Musix.

I just watched the Music Fair performance and I am really pleasantly surprised with ring your bell live. Wakana, especially, sounded really relaxed and she sounded 10x better than in recording/CD version. So did Hikaru and Keiko. Imo this ring your bell is much better than the CD version.

The girls were so wonderful in Fuyu no Inazuma (as they almost always were in cover songs). Keiko in the beginning+that one line in middle and Hikaru's line are marvelous. AND THOSE "AHs". I watched the videos over and over again just for those ahs.

faylan cover HnS in Animax musix . There's 1 thread disccussing abt this lol
iirc when Haruna Luna, Aoi Eir, and Elisa performed HnS they were coached by Hikaru?
Interesting! Is that all there is to it? Would have loved to listen to the final part too. Her voice lacks the tragic feel that wakana's voice gives off though. It's not really a happy song. Is there any video for the other cover?

I'm strangely curious about how others would cover Kalafina or Kajiura songs.

Ooh, it was Faylan that covered it? Might have to check that out, I quite like Faylan. HnS doesn't really seem like an obvious choice for her though, I'd love to hear her cover Destination Unknown or Mata Kaze.

when did that happen ? :O
Assuming the source of that comment to be from Elisa's twitter, Elisa's exact words were that Hikaru gave them (her?) some advice. I am not even sure if the others were around when they met since the picture was of Hikaru and Elisa only, with Elisa's arms on Hikaru. Reminds me of the cute sort of a dinner date they had together.

https://twitter.com/elisa_0414/status/382173393589506048

Elisa is so tall. They're kind of the perfect height, don't you think? :x
*smacks self*

with regards to other YK songs, Itou Kanako sang Akatsuki no Kuruma with Yuuka at Animelo 2013 and Mikuni Shimokawa sang Ice Cream with Saeko Chiba on Anipara Ongakuan

Back