Kajiura Family Media Appearances

Does anyone know this song's details apart from the title ハレバレ:
View attachment 4494
It's from his latest album NIHON ~ハレバレ~, released 3 years since his last one.

Kalafina mentioned it on the power countdown show today I think.

Keiko sounds manlier than the old dude in the collab performance. XD

And nicer to boot! :D
Keiko is generally more handsome than most men. lol

^
AH! Yes they did. Lol I was wondering which song is it when Keiko and Wakana started swaying left and right in their seats.

Glad they performed something new in the collab. OMGWAKANAyouprettywomanyou
I was hoping for Reset from Ayaka though ;_;

Hearing ring your bell sound so damn perfect (LIKE FOR REALS PERFECT PITCH AND CONTROL AND EVERYTHING) unedited made me smile like an idiot. I think my love for Kalafina doubled or tripled because of this performance.:hearts:

And crap that collab performance was good.

AND AYAKA HIRAHARA WITH KALAFINA AGAIN WUT this day couldn't get any better with these performances and the release of an awesome B-side oh god. /dies :imdead:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that ring-your bell performance was amazing!! :love: I wish they would have done the whole song!

The collab song prooves the girls can sing well types of songs that Kajiura doesnt make, and this is nice to discover :)

PS: I recently saw in an anime parody of the previous song they covered in Music Fair, is it super popular or something ? :confu:

Damn, that was PERFECT!, especially RYB :love::hearts:
and that collab with Shinji-san was quite funny but is really amazing! great vocals, dresses and everything!!!
A cover album would be wonderful!

I really enjoyed the Shinji Tanimura collab song. I've never heard of him before, but apparently he's a had a long career (a year younger than my dad! :omgz:) and I'd love to hear them do more songs with him. A covers album could be really interesting...

That RYB performance. Holy crap. That was just glorious.
And that collab was amazing. A lot different to what Kalafina usually do and yet still so well done :goodjob:. This reassures me that even when Kalafina do split up, the girls have plenty of talent to continue on with other projects and careers if they wish. Hopefully that won't be any time soon, but I am intrigued as to what they'll do afterwards. Keiko especially, that voice of hers is really something, so deep.

Last edited by a moderator:
A cover album would be wonderful!
This. A million times this.

Not to mention Japan LOVES a good cover album. And a very good one sells like hotcakes. This could really be what Kalafina needs to break into the mainstream music scene and branch out from anisong.

Kalafina's amazing three-part harmony with their distinctive vocals + old songs (only the good ones of course) = amazing results. Their few covers have already proven that to us, and that's (I speculate) without Kajiura's help since the only thing she does for Kalafina now is write their songs.

I think it would be great if other composers would right songs for Kalafina. It would help diversify the group's portfolio and Kajiura could get away from them and experiment with new singers.

Still need to watch that Music Fair perf, but just jumping in here because the idea of a Kala cover album would be so amazing and exciting :stars:
Y'know maybe they could start by releasing all those Christmas lives that are stashed away somewhere, never to see the light of day... :spotlight:
On a related note, though, are there any covers of Kalafina songs done by other Japanese artists? (not like Youtube covers, but by other bands and singers) :confu: I'm really curious to see how well other artists can cover Kala songs

I forgot who but someone has done a cover for Hikari no Senritsu in Animax Musix. I think it was Faylan? I forget.

Yes for Kalafina cover album and yes for other composers composing songs for Kalafina. In all their more than 7 years of career, I still yet to find a Kajiura song that fully utilises Keiko's vocal ability. Her improvisation in Door live and their cover of Love love love makes me realize that Keiko actually has quite a wide range of singing technique that yet to be fully used in Kajiura song. She only has the chance to show it in improvisation parts, not in a song dedicated to her (not that there are many of those also). Maybe that is due to the fact that Kajiura herself said that Keiko's vocal range is not on her comfort range of song composing but dammit it's as if Kajiura turns a blind eye to her ability and makes her stuck doing harmony forever.

I forgot who but someone has done a cover for Hikari no Senritsu in Animax Musix. I think it was Faylan? I forget.
IIRC It was Haruna Luna and Aoi Eir. Hikaru was the one who "coached" them.

It makes me wonder that for all the talent the girls have, the one person holding Kalafina back could very well be the one who started the project - Kajiura herself. Let's face it - I love her music, but her repertoire is limited. Yes, Kalafina is obligated to her in that they started with her and have reached this level because of Kajiura, but she hasn't really wowed us in a very long time.

@ritardando Did Kajiura really say that? It'd be really disappointing if so.
Quoting from their interview in Kalafina Record, "Kajiura-san’s songs are difficult with a high key and thus unsuited for my voice." Unless she really feels like writing a song "for Keiko," I don't think she will. But even if it is "for Keiko," she'll likely restrict it to the lower range, like in Nohara and Kaze no Machi e.

I don't think there has ever been a song, be it Kalafina or FJ, where Keiko gets the lead in the chorus of a song unless she's the lead for the whole song. No Kalafina song has ever opened with Wakana/Hikaru on verse to transition to Keiko on chorus, because like ritardando said, that's likely out of Kajiura's comfort zone.

*watches Music Fair video*
*collapses to ground convulsing*

...guys...just been shot in the heart 3 times....not sure...going to make it...
:imdead:

Can we please talk about the little breathy "Ah~"s they did after each "rolling thundeeerr" line??? :nosebleed: Coupled each time with Keiko's dazzling bishie stare, Wakana's heart-quickening side-eye, Hikaru's devastating eyebrow of swooooon... :nosebleed: Dammit girls, do you even know what you do to my cardiac functions. :TdT:

I mean, RYB was absolutely perfect but that collab...that collab was beyond perfect. Keiko and Hikaru singing low so freaking smexxy urughghghghg :dote: :dote: The harmonies were amazing, I felt like they didn't even need the other 3 backup singers to the side there :XD: Wakana's hairstyle was so gorgeous :shy: Keiko gives off such...gentlemanly(??) vibes? I dunno how to describe it but sometimes I feel like she's a walking shoujo manga bishounen protagonist trapped in a 155cm-female body :ohoho: :ohoho:

I really wanted a Kalafina cover album before. Now I would gladly trade my soul for one... :comeback: :comeback:

Ah yeah Haruna Luna, Aoi Eir, and Elisa also did a cover for HnS. But i remember someone also sang Hikari no Senritsu solo in Animax Musix 2010? I remember watching a video of that performance. Yes, Keiko said that and Kajiura also said this in Kalafina Record:

Kajiura: Of course I also love her melody and
think it is wonderful however what I think is
inexcusably unfortunate to her is that to begin
with her singing range is quite low so that it
doesn’t entirely come out in my melodies that
usually have a high tone.

so there you have it.

Back