Go Shiina & (notsomuch) Yuki Kajiura to compose for Kimetsu no Yaiba (S4: Airing May 12)

A "meh" from me.

I guess from the edge might finally get its CD release?
So I looked at the tracklists for Homura singles (forgot it was even coming) and I guess they really don't care to release that song on CD, heh

If they are going to waste space on that damn song on FICTION3 or something Kajiura related Imma be pressed.

Sampler https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGefK6aE530

Last edited:
If they are going to waste space on that damn song on FICTION3 or something Kajiura related Imma be pressed.
I don't think that type of song fits on FICTION-like album, maybe FictionJunction 3rd(?) Album with Sony license. But I'm pretty sure that song will never going to be re-released because of FictionJuntion + LiSA :(
Edit: Maybe LiSA's next album, yes. That fits despite the song is from FictionJunction.

Edit: Maybe LiSA's next album, yes. That fits despite the song is from FictionJunction.
v( '')v
It's not on the LEO-NiNE album that's getting released Oct 14, 2020 and features Kimetsu's Gurenge.

And it's FictionJunction feat. LiSA not LiSA feat. FictionJunction so to me a Kajiura compilation seems more fitting. And I hate this possibility.

It's not on the LEO-NiNE album that's getting released Oct 14, 2020 and features Kimetsu's Gurenge.
Oh, really? Then I'll quote myself: that song will never going to be re-released. Anyway, I really don't mind, I just want a single to get the instrumental lol

Honestly, I have no idea what I’m gonna think when Homura comes out. I think LiSA’s been getting a lot better recently (Unlasting and Aijou come to mind), but I don’t really care for the style Kajiura used for her in From The Edge. It sounds way too generic, and just doesn’t have much to stand out from other ‘blander’ Kajiura songs. Based on the preview, I don’t think I’m going to like it, but I’m desperately hoping that I will. I feel like she has so much potential . . .

At the very least, it seems to be a different type of song than To the edge. We'll see.
I'm more interested in the OST tbh. Will Kajiura be more relevant in this soundtrack? Will she write new music or just do more Main theme arrangements?

I think Kajiura was just brought in for hype and now that the show is a hit, they don't really need her. I wouldn't mind if she did some pieces, but the OST is so clearly Shiina's now it'd just be weird for her to be part of it.

As for Homura, I wish Kajiura would just drop the freaking strings. If she didn't touch a string ensemble for the rest of her career, I wouldn't be too upset.

She's still credited with music together with Go Shiina, so there MUST be something... but it'll probably a main theme arrangement, or a Homura arrangement.
As for Homura, I wish Kajiura would just drop the freaking strings. If she didn't touch a string ensemble for the rest of her career, I wouldn't be too upset.
Never ever 4ever hohohoho... ;_;

Honestly, while I don’t mind the strings, I can definitely see how someone can get sick of them, especially as often as they’re used.

I also doubt the OST’s going to be much of anything. It’s a real shame, because I would’ve loved to see a bit more of her than we got, but oh well . . .

Going off the TV series OST, I don't think Kajiura's and Go Shiina's tracks mesh together well. Composition is one thing but the actual recordings too. Maybe if they recorded them in the same sessions it would be different but that probably ain't gonna happen.

Early digital full version out.

Edit: Was searching for sources. In spotify:
炎 - Single by LiSA | Spotify

Uhh I'm not vibing with the vocal echoes lol. Other than that, won't care about this franchise until I'll know Kajiura in the OST not just for the goddamn intro but let's face it, if they gave sufficient amount of Kajiura tracks, might be all Homura arrangements :waa:

Last edited:
It's okay until the chorus or whenever LiSA isn't screeching really. Perfectly average and forgettable.

Nothing amazing, but I like it, except the refrain and LiSA's voice in general (that MIRAI NO in the last refrain, sheesh). The bells(?) were a nice extra touch. The transition from verse to pre-refrain feels rushed. Like there should be an extra measure or two so LiSA can catch her breath.
Is there another singer in the bridge or is it all LiSA? Cuz the harmony sounds nicer than LiSA's voice hue.

That could be all Lisa because I do hear her voice and imo whenever she sings with other group/singers and she sings the harmony, she always sounds much nicer than when she sings the melody. Her voice became more understated and not like her usual "i screech because i need to be as loud as possible".

Song is /eh

Song is bland. I feel like a horn would have been much better for this song than strings.

That could be all Lisa because I do hear her voice and imo whenever she sings with other group/singers and she sings the harmony, she always sounds much nicer than when she sings the melody. Her voice became more understated and not like her usual "i screech because i need to be as loud as possible".
I see. I've never heard her sing like that so it sounds like a completely different singer to me hue.

Back