Go Shiina & (notsomuch) Yuki Kajiura to compose for Kimetsu no Yaiba (S4: Airing May 12)

Homura number 1in oricon single ranking

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201018_213654.jpg
    Screenshot_20201018_213654.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 213
We dont know how many went to watch because they heard of Kajiura. I doubt its even menthioned in advertisements, posters etc. Its only on the official site, and just at the credits too. KnY has been popular on many countries in Asia, and its not for the music.

And only a few people are mentioning Kajiura’s genius on Homura. I’ve even seen some medias mentioning Lisa as « the musician who created Homura ».

In any case, both Aimer and Lisa’s biggest hits ever are Kajiura compositions. And they both made history on charts. So who’s next ?

@ritarudandoo can correct me if I'm wrong but to me that post is only suggesting Kimetsu's popularity means easy money (or other benefits) for Kajiura (with her minimal involvement in the project, NOT in its popularity).

Last edited:
Fo reals? Homura sold more than Gurenge?
You're right, not yet, it's too soon.
I was saying that although Gurenge was a hit over time it seems like it didn't rank as Top 1 on Oricon chart (3) and Billboard Japan Hot 100 (2), while Homura is her first single to rank 1 at both of these charts.
Also I still haven’t listened to it yet, lol.

Last edited:
You're right, not yet, it's too soon.
I was saying that although Gurenge was a hit over time it seems like it didn't rank as Top 1 on Oricon chart (3) and Billboard Japan Hot 100 (2), while Homura is her first single to rank 1 at both of these charts.
Also I still haven’t listened to it yet, lol.
I guess that the popularity of the anime has sth. to do with Gurenge. The song is quite good and famous from the start as an anisong from LiSA, but the anime has just gained a big attention around episode 19 or 20 or so (which took quite a while after the song release.) It's after that that Gurenge's gained bigger recognition from public and became a very big hit, as an OP of a popular anime.

While Homura was released after both anime and manga were already phenomenon in Japan and many other countries. That may be a cause of this difference.

I'm sorry but for me Gurenge is a middle finger to music and an ode to the death of universal creativity.

It is hype indeed, but doesn't fit the atmosphere of the show. You could put this song for any random anime and it would sound pretty okay, but without bringing any reflexion to the show, unlike "Haru wa Yuku" or even "from the edge", and just like "Oath Sign" which completely destroyed the mood of Fate/Zero...

Plus the vocal technique and instrumental are ***. Just an Anisong, nothing less, nothing more. I don't simply hate LiSA, when it comes to random shows such as SAO I think her songs fit them enough, with ADAMAS being a big Yes for me (and it's the same composer who did Gurenge). I also kinda like Jun Maeda songs for her, but not even the one Hiroyuki Sawano did.

Of course this is my humbly opinion. As for what you said on the popularity, I don't really know ?
I think it's mostly thanks to LiSA's promotion on "Gurenge", especially in China -where she did a tour, I think ?-. She even made many posts in chinese, and self-covered one of her hits in (a questionable) chinese, if I recall correctly. Thus it got a huge attention in China. Also 2 cours with the same song certainly helped to make it grow in popularity. Except that "from the edge" didn't follow that trend... perhaps because that exact lack of promotion. Any other idea why it failed ?

***ehmm I didn't find any adjective to express the emptiness that suddenly came to my mind.

Last edited:
It is hype indeed, but doesn't fit the atmosphere of the show. You could put this song for any random anime and it would sound pretty okay, but without bringing any reflexion to the show, unlike "Haru wa Yuku" or even "from the edge", and just like "Oath Sign" which completely destroyed the mood of Fate/Zero...
I don't disagree with this. Gurenge isn't that fit to the show. That's why I said that it's good and famous 'as an anisong from LiSA', not as a good OP that really matches a great show or sth. like that. (good is very subjective. Don't worry about that ^+++^. All of us have different piles of good songs and bad songs.)

I should clarify and correct about how I think the popularity of anime&manga helps. I don't follow LiSA's work so I don't know about her promotion. However, it's just my 'guess' that KnY helps this song more popular, not only from LiSA herself.

I heard about the song broke many records digitally sold quite late. But after I check the timeline carefully, it's before the time that the show got more attention from public. So I should give the credit for her.

However, in Thailand at least, people around me who aren't very into anisongs or animations know Gurenge because it's HnY's OP, not as LiSA's song. That's why I thought that the popularity of HnY plays some role here.

In my point of view, HnY became more popular around early fall last year, that made people pay attention to the manga, and it helped the manga became a talk of the town by being the first manga in a decade that can beat One Piece in annual sale. That's quite a big deal for manga reader society. So, when Homura released, HnY movie that it features was already a centre of attention. Plus the fact that Gurenge, which is also LiSA's song for HnY, is famous, I think it isn't surprised that Homura is destined to get a good sale, no matter you think it's good or bad. And I bet that 99.99% of the listener don't know and don't care about the composer =____=".

https://twitter.com/Fion0806/status/1319869628005298176

こんな幸福な機会は滅多にいただけるものではありません、LiSAさんの今の「炎」に寄り添えておりますよう……。

https://twitter.com/LiSA_OLiVE/status/1319860212543541249

今夜は23時からNHK 「SONGS」様で、大泉洋さんにLiSAを紐解いていただきます。そして「紅蓮華」「Catch the Moment」に加えて、梶浦由記さんの伴奏で「炎」を歌わせていただきます。梶浦さんと出会った頃から色んな景色を思い出した特別な歌でした。絶対にお見逃しなく。
https://www.nhk.or.jp/music/songs/437518.html

SONGS
2020.10.14 Up
第553回 LiSA ✕ その知られざる素顔に迫る!
画像

本放送
総合 2020年10月24日(土)
午後11:00 ~ 午後11:30
再放送
総合 2020年10月31日(土)
午前1:30 ~ 午前2:00 ※金曜深夜
今や社会現象とも言える国民的ヒットアニメ「鬼滅の刃」に主題歌「紅蓮華」を提供し大ブレイクを果たしたLiSAがSONGSに出演。去年の紅白歌合戦に初出場しその圧倒的な歌声を全国に届けた。今回、番組責任者大泉洋が対談でLiSAの知られざる素顔に迫る。対談ではゲストとしてLiSAの中学時代の恩師やインディーズ時代のバンド仲間、さらにブレイク前から彼女の魅力を熱く語ってきた古坂大魔王がリモート出演。LiSAの意外な素顔を明らかにしていく。また劇場版「鬼滅の刃」無限列車編の主題歌「炎」をSONGSのみの特別版として、楽曲を手がけた音楽家・梶浦由記のピアノとLiSAだけによるスペシャルコラボで届ける!
LiSAが歌うTVアニメ「鬼滅の刃」の主題歌「紅蓮華」はストリーミング再生1億回を突破するなど今や国民的なメガヒットとなった。去年の紅白歌合戦にはその「紅蓮華」で初出場。アニソンファン以外にもその歌の力強さを印象づけた。今回のSONGSは、トップシンガーとなったLiSAの知られざる素顔に迫っていく。
責任者大泉との対談では3人のゲストがリモート出演。LiSAが「人生を変えてくれた」と慕う中学3年当時の担任の先生。リモートでつながり恩師の姿を見た瞬間、LiSAの目には涙が。。。一体LiSAと先生の間に何があったのか?責任者大泉も思わずもらい泣き???そしてインディーズ時代に組んでいたバンド「CHUCKY」のメンバーが登場。これまで解散以降一度も再生したことがなかったというバンドの激レア映像を前に動揺を隠せないLiSA。さらにLiSAのファンであり先輩としてその活動を長く見守ってきた古坂大魔王が出演。LiSAの唯一無二の魅力をアツく語る。
今回番組ではLiSAの代表曲とも言える3曲を披露する。大ヒット曲「紅蓮華」、LiSAのアンセムともいえる楽曲「Catch the Moment」。さらに劇場版「鬼滅の刃」無限列車編の主題歌「炎」は、数々のアニメの音楽を手がけ「アニソン界のカリスマ」と呼ばれる梶浦由記とLiSAが二人だけのコラボで届ける。スタジオ中が緊張で張り詰めた貴重なセッションは必見だ!
画像
画像
画像
画像

番組HPはこちらから »

Back