Fena: Pirate Princess: OST & OP & Taiyou no Kouro ENG ver in Junna's "Dear"

Anyone able to provide a download (320K mp3 or FLAC) for the route of the sun english version? It's been devilishly difficult trying to track it down.

It's difficult - Joelle is one of the few who are truly fluent in Japanese and English, but lyric translation isn't just translating meaning.
I never said I thought it was easy. The two Fena songs in English ver just seem really jank to me.

There's no instrumental for Taiyou no Kouro there from what I can see.
Umi to Shinju instrumental has been available since the CD single. v( '')v

Someone was kind enough to post JUNNA's Dear album with scans on nyaa and I don't think anyone posted Taiyou no Kouro credits yet, so here:

Code:
太陽の航路 / the route of the sun

produce, all keyboards & programming: 梶浦由記
co-producer: 森 康哲(HIGHWAY STAR)

electric guitar: 是永巧一
acoustic guitar: 田代耕一郎
drums: 佐藤強一
bass: 高橋"jr."知治
cello: 西方正輝
chorus (太陽の航路): 貝田由里子
chorus (the route of the sun): Joelle

recording & mixing engineer: 小岩孝志
assistant director: 梯 拓哉(HIGHWAY STAR)
musicians coordination: 須藤一男(HOT WAVE)

The credits for Umi to Shinju are the same as the ones I posted from the single booklet on the previous page, except the single includes individual strings credits, while the album does not.

I often just skim past OPs and EDs in OSTs. For many, the songs are the beef in a soundtrack, but for me it's the BGM. I've many OSTs in which I don't like the vocal tracks but love the BGM. In addition, many times the OPs and EDs are mastered terribly because they have to sound good on an average tv.

Having said that, I just took a listen to Umi to Shinju and I've got to say I really liked it! One of YK's masterpieces in recent memory IMO. Full of energy and optimism, poetic lyrics, excellent drum use...

However, JUNNA's other material disappoints. 🧐 I tried her maxi-single the sea and a pearl, but the rest leaves too much to be desired. I love Umi to Shinju in all its garbs but I don't like the rest that's on offer. The contrast is unusually sharp for a maxi-single. So I'm skipping Umi to Shinju with a heavy heart until it's re-released somewhere else. A shame really because I really want to salvage this one.

That's your problem. ;)

Or rather mine... since Taiyou no Kouro alongside its shitty english version are exclusive to a 6000+yen limited edition album... and don't have an instrumental which they should've had on a dang single... *yellsinkajiurago*

I gots my Umi to Shinju CD.

Back