Fena: Pirate Princess: OST & OP & 12th ep ED Taiyou no Kouro composed by Yuki Kajiura

grunty

I have reached Yuki nirvana
... and yes. I still think the director had the right idea muting the flute in both the middle and the ending. I am still angry at the album version.

grunty

Finally received the disc.

Code:
Musician & Staff

海と真珠 / the sea and a pearl
Produce, ALL Keyboards & Programming: 梶浦由記
Co-Producer: 森康哲(HIGHWAY STAR)

Electric Guitar: 是永巧一
Drums: 佐藤強一
Bass: 高橋"jr."知治

Strings: 今野均ストリングス
1st Violin: 今野均・徳永友美
2nd Violin: 岡部磨知・亀田夏絵
Viola: 菊地幹代・大沼幸江
Cello: 西方正輝・稲本有彩

Chorus: 貝田由里子
English ver. Chorus: Joelle

Recording & Mixing Engineer: 小岩孝志
Recording Studio: SOUND CITY,FREEDOM STUDIO,SOLID VOX STUDIO
Mixing Studio: SIGN SOUND
Assistant Director: 梯拓哉(HIGHWAY STAR)
Musician Coordination: 須藤一男(HOT WAVE)

ROCK YOU, ROCK ME
(...)

はじまりの唄
(...)

Mastering Engineer: 袴田剛史
Mastering Studio: FLAIR MASTERING WORKS

I didn't bother with credits for non-Kajiura tracks. Though for anyone who cares - Korenaga is playing on ROCK YOU, ROCK ME.

YKWorshiper

I like Yuki
I prelistened the first ten tracks of Fena on YouTube. It isn't a bad OST, and has its sparkling and funny-ish moments (for a YK OST) and a freshness to it (bringing Dragon Quest to my mind on occasion), but it failed to woo my attention enough to commit myself to a purchase.

Well, I have bought only a few YK OSTs that date from past decade: the entire F/Z, Spring Song, the entire SAO + OS + most of Alicization, and Princess Principal.

They're all pretty good, well OS and PP I've played through only once. F/Z is one of my most played YK albums.

In YK's music, maybe what I like the most are percussion, synth work, rhythms, melodies, operatic melodrama, weird arrangements, darkness/sense of dread, and sentimentality. Conversely, too long compositions, funny compositions, or too minimalist or more mainstream compositions usually don't produce enjoyment. To me, it's a plus if a piece is generic if that means "the familiar YK stuff/approach".

grunty

Anyways, even if you don't want to commit to a purchase you could probably finish the OST on youtube. I feel it checks all of your boxes really (though to varying extents)... except maybe "dankness" (of Fate/Zero).