Fate/Zero

^Not only is it expensive but it is also a quite plain box.

Well, I ended up watching some parts of this episode. Since I kinda dropped this, I can't give a solid review about this, but based on what I watched and listened to, this was such a letdown. I got so disappointed that I'm not even going to watch Sword Art Online anymore.

I haven't watched Fate/zero yet...well planning to watch it this week since it is done...
But it can't be that bad right??? :ayashii:
Well i admit, there aren't many animes that can reach Madoka's caliber
but Fate zero can't be that bad??? :omg:

Re:

KP-X said:
I got so disappointed that I'm not even going to watch Sword Art Online anymore.

You sound like you were disappointed by the music, since the studio that does SAO is totally different from Ufotable, so they wont have similarities in direction or whatever

[url:2bywkybk]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sword_Art_Online#Anime[/url] said:
The anime is published by Aniplex, produced by A-1 Pictures and directed by Tomohiko Ito with music by Yuki Kajiura.[

I liked both the new BGM and the "to the beginning" arrange :dote:

I was really surprised when I saw Aoi alive, looks like Kariya is indead a failure in everything :XD: Also did sakura pulled him in the worms pool or he fell himself after grabbing her :confu:

The ending felt rushed indeed. And as a result, it lacked the emotional impact I had come to expect from reading the novel's ending.

Still, I liked the anime adaptation. And the music as well.

^ To answer George's question...

He was already dying from all the worms ravaging his body to begin with. And the last fight Berserker had with Saber took almost all his strength away.

And yet Kariya managed to get away from the building as it was going to collapse and force himself to get back to the Matou mansion. And that was the final straw, really. Once he managed to reach Sakura in the basement, he died.

And the whole scene with Rin, Sakura and Aoi was just a delusion. He died thinking he had actually managed to save Sakura, when in fact, he didn't :cry:

But it can't be that bad right???

It isn't. I'll repeat, for the most part it's been awesome. It just deserved a much better wrap-up. :leaf: The last episode feels nicer than the previous one (not to mention the two BGMs already mentioned :dote: ). And I finally feel sorry for Kiritsugu. But overall, like Mierin said, the emotional impact is lower than I looked forward to. The ending leaves an aftertaste of clumsiness, for lack of a better word... And it brings down my urge to know what will happen next (and the quality of FSN adaptation never helps).

All in all, a powerful anime, although a letdown towards the end. At least the animation remains amazing, but that's Ufotable for you. And here's to another spectacular addition to Yuki's OST portfolio! :tea:

P.S.
So Kirei died as a human, but lives on as an undead TROLL. A troll with pretty good English pronunciation, though. :knife: :ohoho:

I got so disappointed that I'm not even going to watch Sword Art Online anymore.

I don't quite see where this comes from. :XD:

The main event in SAO will be its OST, as far as our community is concerned. The plot doesn't sound too bad, though, and for all I know, I might actually like it. A show always has a chance to surpass your expectations, when the said expectations are none too high to begin with. :tea: :XD:

Cerise it is not the original soundtracks ..thy are recorded by me..to get an idea that how much yuki kajiura composed music in vol. II :ohoho: :ohoho: :ohoho:

Thank you~! But...how did you get it? :ghost: :ghost: The tracklist hasn't even been announced yet! :white:

Edit: Oh, I see, it was taken from the anime itself? :ayashii: Thanks again :XD: :bow:

cerise i dont get it from any where i just recorded from ....episode of fate/zero..yet no news of ost has come or tracklist shown .i have just give them number.

Re:

Nick Hunter said:

It isn't. I'll repeat, for the most part it's been awesome.

Opinions, yadayada. In my opinion it was a VERY mediocre show which any Madoka/Urobuchi fan will probably enjoy and call "the best show of 2011/2012".

Direction? Shit. Zero imagination.
Script? Emo. Worthy of Fate/stay night's "people die when they are killed".
Music? Bland. Fitting for the show.

At least Madoka had Shinbo and InuCurry.

PS. I think Kenji Kawai's F/sn A.OST is superior to Kajiura's F/z.

Re: Re:

george1234 said:
KP-X said:

You sound like you were disappointed by the music, since the studio that does SAO is totally different from Ufotable, so they wont have similarities in direction or whatever

And it's exactly what you said. Not only was I disappointed with the anime itself, but also with the OST. Hence, I'm not willing to watch something that I was planning to for Kajiura and Kajiura only. I'll just wait for the OST to be released.

Well, since Nick quoted me as well (I didn't notice it at first), maybe I should explain myself better:

In the first episodes of the first half of F/Z, I actually though Kajiura was doing an interesting job, with songs such as Point Zero and the Tokyo Konsei song that played in episode 4 or 5 (something like that). But after that, most of the time she delivered pretty much what she has been doing nowadays. So, to put it bluntly: I gave up on her. I don't feel like watching something only because of her. I know she'll end up releasing songs that I'll come to like very much, but I also know she won't surprise me (and believe me, I wish she could prove me wrong) most of the time and in fact will end up irritating me.

Re: Re:

grunty said:
Nick Hunter said:
It isn't. I'll repeat, for the most part it's been awesome.
Opinions, yadayada.
Yep, the power of IMHO to the max here. :V:
I prefer to keep the fonder memories of this show, while trying to forget its turning into one long requiem with an overcompressed ending. :TdT: I need all the fluffy attitude I can muster, since I'm still pretty miffed at the outcome as it is. But I nevah forget the time when I was looking forward to every next episode of this show. The things I liked about it (regardless of who else did) still outweigh the disappointment, thankfully. :XD:
As to F/Z and Madoka... Shinbo and InuCurry are sure thing, but for me, there's also a matter of how things ended. Madoka ending was pretty bittersweet, but there was a ray of light at the end of the tunnel, and the sacrifices made had a visible influence on the state of things. Here, I saw a bunch of characters that died by the time I got to sympathize with them, and all this mess did was crush a certain well-intentioned extremist's life and ideals and turn a dull clergyman into a malicious troll. I know there's no hope at the battlefied, yeah, but this lack of hope played a big part in the deflation of my hype as compared to Madoka. Writing prequels is a tough job indeed. :ohoho:

@KP-X: Maybe its because you havent watched the last few episodes but in them there were alot awesome music with tokyo konsei (especially in the 2 latest episodes - not countihng the last one) that I'm sure you will come to like :)

Yes Yuki has lost some of her ability to create completely different music within 1 ost (like it happened in .hack, Madlax, Elcazador, Tsubasa) and has remained to shorter number of styles, the last few years, but this might be due to the nature of her projects [[KnK, Madoka, and F/Z all are quite dark so you should expect some of their music to have similar style, but even with these there are still unique tracks to each project (like Salve terrae magicae, Pugna cum maga, Numquam vincar, the fast piano unreleased track from F/Z [track 8 in rishi's archive] or the M19+20 in KnK]] so I still respect her, and follow her.

I'm sure SAO will be lighter than Fate/Zero, so we will get hear happier music from Yuki (kinda like in Pandora Hearts) and she will have the chance to try different styles. The director is different too.

Back