Fate/Zero

O_o Can't imagine Yuki composing for a light-hearted/shoujo/school life/romcom sort of anime... :XD:

Re:

Cerise said:
O_o Can't imagine Yuki composing for a light-hearted/shoujo/school life/romcom sort of anime... :XD:

Fist episodes of Madoka? :XD:

I told myself that I should read F/SN after Zero anime but The main characters does not seem interesting at all. >_>

However kirigitsu is probably the best eroge character father of the century.

Re: Re:

moichispa said:
Cerise said:

Fist episodes of Madoka? :XD:

It wasn't lighthearted at all. (Or shoujo, or school life or romcom.)

moichispa said:
However kirigitsu is probably the best eroge character father of the century.

What? lol

Overall I enjoyed the series. Granted I did not understand all of it... as I am not as familiar with the backgrounds and such, but I liked it. The music had its moments, but I do agree that there could have been better songs. There were some great ones in there, Let the Stars Fall Down, Rule the Battlefield (one of my fave Yuki songs now) and of course the Kala songs. But I think some of them were overused a bit.

For the new music in the last episode, the first one was new right? I loved it either way. So powerful, the vocals were awesome. I think I will look forward to hearing this on the cd. The rest of the episode did not have much music in. sadly. I still love Yuki for her style (whatever it may be now) and am looking forward to SAO (I think there will be celtic style Nick, at least I hope so since I love that style) Those are my thoughts. :dote:

I can't believe it's the end for Fate/Zero..Saber and Lancelot fight scene was my favorite, including it's OST.. still don't like Kiritsug, he's worse. = ="

P.S. Shirou should've burn along with the other citizens of Fuyuki City.

Okay, the show is over, so this is a little belated, but still words from the one we all love...or used to :ohoho: Interview with Kajiura about the second season from the May issue of the Japanese Newtype, translated by me with a big help by ninetales. Any corrections or so, please tell. Enjoy :sohappy:

Being able to sink in the story inside the music
Kajiura Yuki

I:
I've heard that you made a lot of new songs to fit the second season. How many songs would that be?

Kajiura:
I wrote approximately twenty new songs. Of course, in the second season songs from the previous season are used too, but all the new songs I wrote are made to really fit the scenes.

I:
Is that so?

K:
I made the music to "match" the images even in the very first episode, but I think I was satisfied by it. If you take a look at the second season's music menu, you'll see that every song fits the images. I was even a bit shocked (laughs). That's because when it comes to making music to fit the images, it's not just difficult, but you also have to accelerate it (the music making) in proportion to the staff (and their work), otherwise it's useless. And so the staff had a music menu prepared.

I:
By making the music to fit the scenes, what kind of changes does the music go through?

K:
By making music to fit the scenes, I guess there are a lot of people that think that I can't do showy pieces, but I think it's an advantage to be able to create music you can sink into. While doing songs that a fit a drama, when you have a climax scene with a climax song, the places where you have to sink just light up. These places are very important. While creating songs that claim to be flashy is easy, creating music that sinks into a drama is hard. As Fate/Zero's main part is the mind battle, there are almost no long flashy scenes.

I:
How do you compose when you have to create songs to match the scenes?

K:
I always create music according to the flow of the images. Fortunately, this time I got the scenes with the lines included. If there is speech, I make the music from it. I can put music to the moment from where the speech fades out, but there is also the tension of the dialogues. If the speech sounds surprised, or if it's said with a quiet voice, the music should change to match that. The volume and range of the VAs' voices also vary. It's good to have that in mind while creating the music. Doing that, it feels like the speech is singing to the soundtrack.

I:
That is very interesting.

K:
Seeing the images, you can see the tactics of director Aoki and the staff. "Here, I want you to make a song like this". Even though it may not match my wild ideas and presentiments, make a climax there, or it'll fall flat with a thump. I got the impression of the music while the director gave me a ride around (laughs).

I:
Can't wait to see the broadcast. For what kind of scenes did you write the majority of the new songs?

K:
I wrote new songs for practically every episode. The part that had the biggest number of new songs is certainly Kiritsugu's past. The mood of the show has a 180-degree change at that point. I created new songs for both a southern country feel and sniper moments (laughs).

I:
It seems that, as the second season develops, in every episode some character leaves the stage. How is that for you?

K:
It certainly gives you that impression. But in Fate/Zero the characters leave in a cold way, and thus the songs shouldn't be a climax. Instead of making you cry, the melodies should give a feeling of emptiness.

I:
This time, during composition, did anything different or unexpected happen?

K:
There was nothing unexpected about this part...it was the opening theme that had an unexpected situation. This time, I was charged with an opening theme by Kalafina, and the song I first created was actually very dark (laughs). I was so enthusiastic about making a song to fit the second season (laughs), so I made a tragic, fast and scary song. But the staff wanted the opening theme to clearly transmit the "hope for tomorrow". Then I remade it into the current "to the beginning". The ending theme sang by Haruna Runa-chan is also a gentle, warm song. Probably both songs pass the idea of "salvation". Now, I think that it was a good choice.

I:
Your work is already done, so what is the feedback you're getting on your composition work for this show?

K:
When I'm composing, my contact with the animation staff is relatively scarce. But even though it was the same in the time of the Kara no Kyoukai movies, I talked really a lot with the staff secretly, in order to make the songs to fit the scenes, and I'm glad I could do that. People are cheering for me.

I:
Please tell us about the highlights to see and hear in the second season.

K:
I think that, as it was for the first season, it's okay if the music almost isn't heard. The picture, the lines and the music are one harmonious whole, and the ideal is if you only realise the song playing after a while. Besides, if you take a look at the second season, you won't want to stop, the drama flows intensively, and you'll want to enjoy it to the most. No matter how much you might expect, your hopes will never be too much!

I have only one comment about this one: I WANT THE ORIGINAL TTB! :stars: :gimmeh: :wai: Wonder how it sounded like...and if someday she'll release in some other opportunity :ayashii:

Nuts... From the sounds of it, it seems the previous "to the beginning" could have potentially been more awesome than the current one. :uh..:

Wanna hear it somedayyyyy~ :wai:

Thanks for the translations, aero and ninetales. :bow:

I still love her. I just wish she would release those tracks as well. (The secret one she composed somewhere lol) But you can always listen to the songs that you love from her (or any composer/artist you like) and think that they are great. I did overall enjoy the music from FZ but not as much as some of her other works.

Thanks Aero and Ninetales~

so I made a tragic, fast and scary song. But the staff wanted the opening theme to clearly transmit the "hope for tomorrow". Then I remade it into the current "to the beginning".

It would've probably been more interesting than ttb.

Well, maybe she'll save it for a b-side or an album.

Thanks Aero and Ninetales!

K:
I made the music to "match" the images even in the very first episode, but I think I was satisfied by it. If you take a look at the second season's music menu, you'll see that every song fits the images. I was even a bit shocked (laughs). That's because when it comes to making music to fit the images, it's not just difficult, but you also have to accelerate it (the music making) in proportion to the staff (and their work), otherwise it's useless. And so the staff had a music menu prepared

K:
I always create music according to the flow of the images. Fortunately, this time I got the scenes with the lines included. If there is speech, I make the music from it. I can put music to the moment from where the speech fades out, but there is also the tension of the dialogues. If the speech sounds surprised, or if it's said with a quiet voice, the music should change to match that. The volume and range of the VAs' voices also vary. It's good to have that in mind while creating the music. Doing that, it feels like the speech is singing to the soundtrack.

-my favorite part of the interview, I like her views or methods (or whatever is the right word) in making music for Fate/Zero. Now, this tells me that the staffs have something to do with most of the OST, their requests I think. I love To The Beginning as it is, but after reading the interview I'm more curious about the first idea of TTB. :shy:

Thank you aero :dote:

Lets hope for a "To the Beginning ~Kajiura original ver~" on the next album! :XD:

Dark To the beginning... :shy: should be between Lacrimosa Magia and Destination Unknown :nosebleed:

Rishi.shukla said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yySYSdlvn6A

in this track of Kenji kawai and the track no. 18 of fate/zero ost vol. II which is uploaded by me ...has too much similarities..seems like yuki kajiura use this kenji kawai track to make track 18 ....where Eri itou give her voice

^ Of course that's the case, did you thought that Yuki plagiarised Kawai? XD That music is the Excalibur Theme so they play it because on the scene Saber uses the sword this way for the first time in the series.

And no the original piece isnt by Kawai but some other gu that had composed the track for the F/SN game that had come out before the anime.

Re:

murrue02 said:
K:
The volume and range of the VAs' voices also vary. It's good to have that in mind while creating the music. Doing that, it feels like the speech is singing to the soundtrack.

-my favorite part of the interview, I like her views or methods (or whatever is the right word) in making music for Fate/Zero.

Except Kiritsugu and half the other Fate/zero characters speak in monotone. Once again: fitting.

Rishi.shukla said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yySYSdlvn6A

in this track of Kenji kawai and the track no. 18 of fate/zero ost vol. II which is uploaded by me ...has too much similarities..seems like yuki kajiura use this kenji kawai track to make track 18 ....where Eri itou give her voice
Er...I think it's unfair to think that way.

grunty said:
Except Kiritsugu and half the other Fate/zero characters speak in monotone. Once again: fitting.
I dislike Kiritsugu so... :psst: you really despise Yuki now don't you?

Back