Fate/Zero

Re:

grunty said:
murrue02 said:
you really despise Yuki now don't you?

Yep. Absolutely. I despise her. She makes me want to throw up and that's why I hang around here.

LOL, well said. :XD:

K:
By making music to fit the scenes, I guess there are a lot of people that think that I can't do showy pieces

Tell me she hasn't been reading some of the discussions here... :white:

Re:

You are welcome, everyone :bow:

Kowz said:
Thanks Aero and Ninetales~

so I made a tragic, fast and scary song. But the staff wanted the opening theme to clearly transmit the "hope for tomorrow". Then I remade it into the current "to the beginning".

It would've probably been more interesting than ttb.

Well, maybe she'll save it for a b-side or an album.

Or maybe FictionJunction will get it, given Yuki's current "switch-composition" style :psst: :XD:

Nick Hunter said:
K:
By making music to fit the scenes, I guess there are a lot of people that think that I can't do showy pieces

Tell me she hasn't been reading some of the discussions here... :white:

Ops, I feel a bit of a slip in translation here...guess she didn't really mean "I" in that phrase, but rather just said that it's something that everyone seems to agree, that BGM shouldn't be showy pieces. She is not giving and indirect reply to anyone :XD: (I guess :ohoho:)

And "showy" here means "standing out, explicitly full scale tracks"? Funny how people still think so, while Yuki was the one propelling to stardom through just that kind of soundtracks... :XD:

And given her description of the beta OP, maybe it sounded on par with Destination Unknown? :ayashii:
As for the message of hope for tomorrow... Nice one, Iwakami. But why do I still have trouble seeing this hope in the ending? :...: Shirou the future Cap is less than inspiring in that aspect, and Saber's hope to get the Grail someday is even more spoofed as we've seen this Grail in action. Iri's hopes regarding Ilya are as good as crushed, and so are Kariya's regarding Sakura. And the one who got out of this with most satisfaction and plans is Kirei. Hope for tomorrow, huh? Well, seeing as the charaters are growing up straight into a dating sim, Rin, Saber or Sakura may hope to get a Captain Obvious for a husband!

:nophoto:

This is strange. I believe Kajiura is known exactly by her showy tracks. I even remember when I read a review of Xeno III's OST and the reviewer mentioned how Kajiura excelled in the cinematographic songs but was rather weak with the atmospheric ones.

I was the one who retranslated that sentence, but I'm thinking Aerokun must be right - it's probably "By making music to fit the scenes, I guess there are a lot of people that think that you (general term) can't do showy pieces". :spotlight:

I didn't see that you changed that, or I would have discussed it with you :XD: Well, it's being clarified now, I guess, so no pobrema :ohoho:

@KP-X: And I remember Xenosaga 2 OST review which kept kicking precisely at Yuki's showy tracks, namely the vocal ones (of course, there's also the matter of HOW her music was used there, and what I've seen on Youtube didn't amuse me). :bloodlust:
I also remember a 2003 interview where Yuki herself questioned the practice of avoiding many songs and vocal pieces as BGM. Atmospheric BGMs are not new for her career. And one of the marvels about Bee Train OSTs was that they DID resemble full-fledged semi-instrumental albums. But since starting to work with orchestra in mid-2000s Yuki apparently took interest in trying out a more traditional approach as well. And then we witnessed the transition from her last Bee Train collab with the usual TON of showy tracks to KnK which had the "boundary of emptiness" image to maintain and was ALL about atmospheric BGM. Plus"Achilles and the tortoise" - did anyone even so much as expect the usual Kajiurago chants and such stuff in a Takeshi Kitano film? Like I said, I think that the trends shift happened both with Yuki being interested in working with such music (and several consecutive years of one approach, no matter how prolific, justify the wish to swap rules sufficiently) and with the producers wanting just that (atmospheric non-sticking-out tracks must sure be easier to edit into the animation instead of tailoring the scenes to music like Mashimo used to do). Just make sure that a bunch of Kajiura trademarks make it into the OST (to lure the audience who often join the party because of Yuki's name in the list), and you're set! :ayashii: as it was also noted above repeatedly, Yuki's latest string of anime projects all involving the same producer (except PH) and all featuring truckloads of suspence and psychological drama may have well influenced the state of things, too. :ayashii:

Nick's in love with Bee Train :3

This time, I was charged with an opening theme by Kalafina, and the song I first created was actually very dark (laughs).
I only know a very dark song by Kalafina and it's called Utsukushisa...
So she had no time to remade a complete new opening, so she used a song from her FJ library. That's the origin of our to the beginning.
Well, Kajiura recycles a lot of songs for the Kalafina albums, so there's hope :P

grunty said:
Yep. Absolutely. I despise her. She makes me want to throw up and that's why I hang around here.
Poor Yuki :rain:

Nick Hunter said:
Just make sure that a bunch of Kajiura trademarks make it into the OST (to lure the audience who often join the party because of Yuki's name in the list), and you're set!
I like that, guess that's true, applies to marketing purposes. :psst:

Re: Re:

takfogger said:
aero.senpai said:
I WANT THE ORIGINAL TTB! :stars: :gimmeh: :wai:

seconded man!

THIRDED... x 1000000000

I think Kalafina do suit darker songs more than happier ones...but OMG...it all makes sense now...the FJ-style TTB... :ghost: :ghost:

Cerise said:
takfogger said:
aero.senpai said:
I WANT THE ORIGINAL TTB! :stars: :gimmeh: :wai:

seconded man!

THIRDED... x 1000000000

I think Kalafina do suit darker songs more than happier ones...but OMG...it all makes sense now...the FJ-style TTB... :ghost: :ghost:

+1.

I really hope that the original to the beginning will make it to Kala's 4th album, or maybe their next single.

Grunty's sarcasm is obvious, but at the same that post and his personality give the aura of : "I despise her so much that I hang around here to publicly mock her and make everyone realize that her works are despisable. Maybe Murrue takes that aura seriously.

Re:

Nick Hunter said:
Nick's in love with Bee Train :3

With Yuki's Bee Train OSTs, to be precise. :glasses: :XD:
I also love Yuki's Bee Train OSts..I won't get tired of her, until I'm the last person standing. :ohoho:

Nick Hunter said:
Don't feel bad, Murrue, just read between the lines of Grunty's quote. :sparkleguy:

I do hope I'm not the only one who considers his sarcasm obvious :ghost:
ritardando said:
Grunty's sarcasm is obvious, but at the same that post and his personality give the aura of : "I despise her so much that I hang around here to publicly mock her and make everyone realize that her works are despisable. Maybe Murrue takes that aura seriously.
Don't worry, Grunty's sarcasm isn't a problem at all! ^_^

I really hope that the original to the beginning will make it to Kala's 4th album, or maybe their next single.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that the original ttb will be released sometime, the thing is she will have to state that, otherwise we may never know it :XD:

^
Yeah, guess we just have to keep our ears out for any song which fits the "tragic, fast and scary" description. Who knows, maybe it'll be used for the Madoka movies. :ayashii:

Here comes Saturday, but without F/Z... and it's still a week before SAO.

IF ONLY FATE/ZERO II HAD PROPER 13 EPISODES :uh..: :stupidbox:

Then again...

http://fatezerousa.com/product-br-disc-box-2.php said:
■ Episodes: Episodes 14-25 with unaired new footage

this'd better be what I hope for :knife:

Kowz said:
so I made a tragic, fast and scary song. But the staff wanted the opening theme to clearly transmit the "hope for tomorrow". Then I remade it into the current "to the beginning".

It would've probably been more interesting than ttb.
Agreed. I wish we would hear it one day :cry:

Back