Fate/Zero

Re:

KP-X said:
Now this is personal, but in a sense I'm getting tired of "Kajiura's flute"

I can definitely agree with you on that. While I like the flute in some songs, I'd like to hear some other instrument solos for a change, or even just a different-sounding flute like Chiaki uses in a lot of her songs.

I know it can be argued that there's been a lot of violin/guitar/sax/etc. in Kajiura-sensei's previous OSTs, but lately I personally feel that she's been using the flute a bit too much.

^Exactly. I can't say the same for Nux Walpurgis, my favorite song from Madoka. The song seems to be always evolving into something greater, instead of just staying in a safe zone. Again, not all songs HAVE to have a build-up, but since what SPM has to offer wasn't what I'd personally love, the repetition plus the lack of a nice build-up made me not like the song very much. That's not to say I hate the song, though. Sometimes, I find myself listening to it and actually even enjoying it. But after some times I end up getting tired of it lol

@ninetales
Yeah, just like you, I like the flute in some songs (getting an example from Madoka itself, I don't mind it in Decretum; don't like it that much on Surgam Identidem, though). I just wish it would sound a little bit different, sometimes it seems like it's the same thing.

or even just a different-sounding flute

Salvae Terrae Magicae? :plot:
Sagitta Luminis also features a flute-like instrument (I forgot what it's called but I think it's the same one that was featured in A Song of Storm and Fire bridge). :ayashii:

^ Good point :ohoho:

I have to admit, I'm biased there, because I don't like Salvae, Terrae Magicae very much. I always thought that the flute was synth, anyway, since it sounds nothing like Akagi Rie, and Kajiura-sensei almost always uses her for live flute.

Do you mean the quena, maybe? I know that it was featured in several El Cazador songs - Desert Sunset, Sad Yearning, and Moonlight Fiesta, I think. Then again, I don't know if Asahi Takashi even played in the Tsubasa OSTs... :ayashii:

Re:

Nick Hunter said:
No amount of :psst: 's could be enough to accompany such a tandem. :ohoho:
But Urobuchi seems more and more like a Yuki fan to me. Didn't he suggest her for Madoka OST as well?
I think so too. I just thought of adding :psst: It seems that urobochi will be requesting more and more Yuki. >_<

Nick Hunter said:
I'm not alone! I'm not a weirdo! :touched: :XD: :sohappy:
Of course you're not. :]

~I just watched Fate/Zero ep1-8 last weekend. Wow Alexander is so much fun, as well as Waver-kun.hehehe Saber is as cool as she was before. I really liked the ost when Saber and Caster fought in the forest.

Do you mean the quena, maybe? I know that it was featured in several El Cazador songs - Desert Sunset, Sad Yearning, and Moonlight Fiesta, I think.

No, not that one. I mean the flute-like thing you can hear in A Song of Storm and Fire (the bridge, precisely) or Mother, I Miss You. Outside Yuki's discography, it can also be heardhere as the leading instrument.

No, not that one. I mean the flute-like thing you can hear in A Song of Storm and Fire (the bridge, precisely) or Mother, I Miss You. Outside Yuki's discography, it can also be heardhere as the leading instrument.

Oboe, i think.

Hmm..I may be the one who aren't tired with flute or violin or any instruments..:XD:. It isn't that Sis Puella Magica is not good, but its repetitive structure just makes it not that great. I still like its main melody..it's very beautiful though. The similar case for me is Ring your song. The melody is very touching but the song structure is so repetitive, so I prefer its live version in YKlive#2 (with a beautifull Kajiurago extension) :). I'd be so happy if Yuki gives similar arrangement to Sis Puella Magica :cry: .

I'm not tired of the flute, esp the violin instruments in Yuki's compositions. The same goes with other instruments for me as well. :]

^oooo thanks! It is a little bit cheaper. lol Translation of the booklet is nice too. I wish I could preorder it now.

I preordered it from RightStuf! but I really hope that $400 boxsets doesn't become the norm. I don't mind it for the limited edition stuff but for everything... :uh..: ...there goes my bank account... :uh..:

Back