Fall Anime Chart

Re:

Xamdou said:

:hug:

Hubby can't wait for the new Mirai Nikki episode :XD: How strange for him.
I also wonder
what will Yuno do from now on and how will Yukiteru treat her

They are the original creator of the show...

All the weirder, then... Ohkawa is usually a good storyteller. CLAMP works aren't popular for spaghetti-long bodies alone, are they? :ohoho:

After going through at least 4 episodes of each show here are my views on how the OSTs are turning out.

Fate/Zero: Well composed music, not so much diversity though. There's probably only four or five tracks I want, but the best tracks are insanely good.

Guilty Crown: Probably my favorite OST this season. Lots of strange use of vocals, electronic, and really good orchestral tracks.

Ben-To: Much more diverse than Taku's previous two works. The soundtrack is great, but I'm not so sure if it matches up to works like Soul Eater, Witch Hunter Robin, or Katanagatari. 5/6ths of the music has been amazing though.

Phi-Brain: Lots of tracks that I want. Quite a few tracks show a lot of creativity, others feel like Akio's standard though.

Persona 4: Nothing catches my interest.

Horizon: On the other hand, this actually has some tracks I really want.

Mirai Nikki: Okay

As for the shows themselves Ben-To's probably going to turn out as my favorite.

Re:

acid_mouthwash said:
Persona 4: Nothing catches my interest.

That's uh...pretty sad. Personally, Persona 4 has one of the catchiest OSTs I've ever had the pleasure to listen to.

^
As the usual saying goes, everyone has their own preferences. Still, I agree with KP-X that Persona 4's OST is one of the most addictive I've listened to (as well as some of Meguro Shouji's past works). It's one of the main reasons why I enjoyed the game so much. :shy:

im looking forward to ALICE IN THE COUNTRY OF HEARTS the movie comeing out :dote:
and the new evelligion movie and watever else i see in otaku usa magazine lol

Re: Re:

KP-X said:
That's uh...pretty sad. Personally, Persona 4 has one of the catchiest OSTs I've ever had the pleasure to listen to.

Persona 4's OST is definitely one of the best out there, and I enjoy it. I just feel that Shoji's music never really goes anywhere. The tracks start off great, but I always feel he usually loops one part over and over and doesn't experiment further in the song's potential. He could add more melodies, instruments, and solos to raise the tracks from good to insanely addictive, but it just never happens.

I also feel that while he does have a diverse range, he kind of gets stuck in that state. His music isn't generic for sure, but he just isn't as creative as other composers that mix genres and take risks (Sawano, Iwasaki, Kajiura on occasion).

All this is expected though considering how he was composing for a game, which usually tend to use short songs on repeat. I just thought by composing for an anime, he'd have more creativity. Sky's the limit, my personal favorite track, raised my expectations to the music in the anime and I was expecting that I'd like Shoji a lot more. However, almost all the music is recycled, and the new tracks haven't really broken his pattern.

Luckily this is a 24 episode show, I'm still hoping the music will get better and prove me wrong.

Well, I don't have much to add since I think you pretty much said everything there is to say. I myself am not waiting for new songs from the anime, so everything that comes from it acts as a bonus, not really as a must (in fact, I was really surprised there were new tracks).
Generally, I have problems with songs that are basically an eternal loop. but since that's almost like a rule for Game OSTs, I don't mind it.

Re:

acid_mouthwash said:
Guilty Crown: Probably my favorite OST this season. Lots of strange use of vocals, electronic, and really good orchestral tracks.

+1 :psst:

Hiroyuiki Sawano + Ryo for EGOIST song is already a win :XD:

for this season i watch F/Z, hunterxhunter , chihayafuru ( i dont know what they playing.. but it exiciting.. :ohoho: ) ,guilty crown, and Ben-to ,

If anyone's interested, Shakugan no Shana Final OP single is available already.

I sure am, personally. Shana songs have been in my playlist for a long time (although the said playlist now counts over 500 tracks which I put on shuffle, so I can't say I listen to these particular ones A LOT :desksweat: :XD: ), and this one is written by Ryo of Supercell, so it's gotta be worthwhile. :ayashii:

Back