CPMの料亭: The Food Thread!

• Thread starter Thread starter Special_K
  • Start date Start date
Re:

ninetales said:
^ Could I have the recipe please? I'd love to try it :plz:

The way I do it is I make a VERY LARGE portion of the stuff and keep the parts I don't eat. Don't worry, though. Cos it actually tastes better the longer/more times you cook it. I won't include the fries and rice here.

Note also that this is a "as desired" dish. You can toss in as many things as you like (or remove bits you don't like), regardless the amount. Think of it as a nice way to get rid of all the leftovers in the fridge.

Also note, you can serve this this dish as "dry" or "wet". I usually like mine to be "dry" as it has more flavour.

Chili con Carne (serves 4 to 6)

500g lean beef mince
2 medium onions
garlic (as desired)
2 large tomatoes, chopped
4 tbsp Tomato puree
chili powder/dried chili flakes (as desired)
2 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp majoram leaves (dried and ground)
ground black pepper
100ml Red wine (optional)
50ml Cognac
kidney beans (as desired)
mixed vegetables (as desired)

• 1. With sufficient oil in a large pan, brown the meat. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
    [TIP: I also add a bit of chicken stock at this stage and garlic powder to enhance the flavour of the beef.]

2. Add onions and garlic. Mix well.

3. Mix the tomatoes in. Sweat them until the mixture is watery. Add no more than 100ml of water (if necessary).

4. Mix in all the spices, seasonings and leftover ingredients (except the alcohol). Reduce at medium-high heat until very little of the water (from the tomatoes) level is left. Stir occasionally, increasing the frequency as more of the mixture dries out.
    [TIP: Use this time to wash up your area. About 15 ~ 25 mins.]

5. With only a bit of the water left, turn up the heat to high.

6. Splash in the cognac and flambe. This will soften up the meat and add some fragrance. Stir well and pour in all of the red wine.

7. Reduce on high heat to the desired moisture level.

8. Serve on top of steamed white rice or fries, garnished with torched/baked cheese and chives (optional).
Good luck! :goodjob:

Wish granted to Sylvi! :psst:

It's also a CPM exclusive! :goodjob:

For a special 2-course starter, we'll have some very nice eggs on toast and a pan-seared chicken in orange marinade couscous salad!

Mlu6y.jpg

Dinner this evening would be a delicious, savoury stir-fried udon (with sauteed mushrooms, bacon slices and mixed onions)...

Klf3E.jpg

Douzo meshiagare! :bow:

Re:

murrue02 said:
:fwa: Please make some Spanish dish next time.It's mah favorite!

For that, we'll have to wait for our Spanish princess crazy slasher girl to do it... :psst:

Re:

Special_K said:
Wish granted to Sylvi! :psst:

It's also a CPM exclusive! :goodjob:

For a special 2-course starter, we'll have some very nice eggs on toast and a pan-seared chicken in orange marinade couscous salad!

Mlu6y.jpg

Dinner this evening would be a delicious, savoury stir-fried udon (with sauteed mushrooms, bacon slices and mixed onions)...

Klf3E.jpg

Douzo meshiagare! :bow:

^ :shy: excellent dish! Why don't you join in MasterChef or something? :XD:

Made curry rice the other evening...I'll try to share pictures if possible :plot:

Kelly, be sure that if I ever see you irl, I'll make you cook everything you've posted here :ayashii: :knife:

Re:

Alphard Sokaina said:
Kelly, be sure that if I ever see you irl, I'll make you cook everything you've posted here :ayashii: :knife:

ONLY if you can find and pay ALL for the ingredients :psst:

Some of them are pretty rare.... :plot:

Usually I charge a labour fee too (which is VERY VERY expensive)....but just for you, I'll make it free... :psst:

Just don't expect Michelin-Star standard, though....

Sylvi said:
^ With those dish you are gonna win! :ayashii:

Nope! These are only home-cooked food from various international cuisines! They are definitely not competition-grade or classed as fine dining! (Although I'm working towards that for some of my future works...starting with fusion/bistro food)

^ Where can we meet you, Chef? I want to taste all those pictures you posted :ohoho:

Re:

Sylvi said:
^ Where can we meet you, Chef? I want to taste all those pictures you posted :ohoho:

Anywhere in a the world provided I get one month's advance notice and get sponsored a first class air ticket! :ohoho:

Back