CPMの料亭: The Food Thread!

• Thread starter Thread starter Special_K
  • Start date Start date
Here's something I've came up with completely myself recently without consulting any existing recipe, although the type of dish itself is rather common...

Presenting, the Special_K meatloaf!! A humble dish, with a gourmet twist!

Jcklo.jpg

The meatloaf uses a secret blend of ground ribeye steak, pork shoulder and loin, ricotta cheese, a mix of earthy vegetables and is spiced with my own blend of herbs and spices. The meatloaf is then shaped, drizzled generously with clarified butter and baked in the oven at about 230 degrees C (450 deg. F) for 25 minutes. The result is a nice crispy outer layer with a warm and moist (juicy!) filling.

The sauce is a simple Neapolitan mushroom sauce, which I had prepared in a Noilly Prat (vermouth) flambe reduction.

(No, I didn't use the magic cereal in my recipe. :XD:)

Hope that entices you, Alphie! :psst:

:plot:
You know I love to eat so one dish is not enough, even though it looks tasty :ohoho:

My hastily-made dinner this evening..... :psst:

spag.jpg

Angel-hair spag with roast turkey breast, pancetta, leek and garlic cream sauce (made with a reduction of chicken bouillon, Noilly Prat, milk, butter and single cream).

^ You've got much more flair for presentation than I do! In 20 minutes, I'd just make everything and toss it on a paper plate :XD:

It looks delicious, though, especially the bacon :nosebleed:

^ Thank you for your compliments! :bow:

That was pancetta, though. Slightly more upmarket than your standard bacon. :psst:

^ Ah, I see. I should've guessed :XD:

Does pancetta happen to have less fat than bacon, by any chance?

^ Not necessarily. In fact, because it's usually made from pork belly, it would have more fat. (But there are lean cuts also)

That fat is rendered down in very high heat to become part of the sauce, though. :psst:

^ Okay...so basically, it's more of a specialty item, not something you can just toss in a pan with some eggs and have for breakfast. :ayashii:

^ You can! But it's too much of a luxury that not many people could afford!

^ You must be right, since I've barely heard of it, let alone eaten it :XD:

Thanks! You're a wealth of information on food! :goodjob:

^ You can try doing it once in a while, though.....and let us know how you got on! :psst:

I think the quickest/simplest recipe based on that would be something like this:

2 large eggs,
25g sliced pancetta chips,
cracked black pepper,
crushed sea salt,
small bunch of chopped chives,
1 tablespoon creme fraiche,
small knob of butter,
olive oil,
freshly shaved/grated parmesan.

1. Lightly colour the meat in the butter and oil
2. Break eggs directly into the pan, stir
3. Just as the eggs begin to coagulate, season with pepper
4. remove from heat, add the cream
5. fold the mixture in, back on the heat
6. fold in parmesan, chives and salt
7. lightly colour the eggs and serve.

:groucho:

^ That sounds very good... :nosebleed:

Do you think soy- or coconut-based creamer would be a decent stand-in for creme fraiche? I'm very lactose-intolerant, and my stomach definitely wouldn't like having something milk-based like that.

Back