Chat About Final Fantasy ^^

I can't afford PS3 or any next gen console O__O so I don't know what to think about FFXIII and FFXIV.

Judging from its design...well... what can I say... the graphic are very impressive, as one can expect from Square Enix. But I dunno about the story.
The new SE seems to forget about the story. and Nomura's design starts to be a cliche too.

Story problems sound disturbing. There are even talks about the failing plot scenes in the latest Star Ocean which I thought impossible. :omgwtf:
But from what I have heard about FF13 plot, so far it seems good enough. Though I really think it's high time to make another turnaround at classics as they did with FF9 (which Sakaguchi himself considered the best, btw). Technofantasy settings rock, but I can't help missing old FF. :shy:

and Nomura's design starts to be a cliche too.

As Yoshitaka Amano's once did way back when. :XD:
Nomura's designs are rather a trademark of FF, I doubt SE will sto[p using them anytime soon.

What elates me is the premonition of gameplay. I heard ATB system is finally back. :sohappy:

True about Yoshitaka, but somehow, i love his artwork better, because it looks more artistic, then Nomura's design which feels as "Money Printer" ... even his characterization seems becoming more cliche >__>
Cheery hyper lead character? bloody cold arrogant beauty males? flirty and hyper try to be lovey dovey females?

FFXIII with atb? don't they use a system similar to Chrono Cross? I forget about it.

Re:

Nick Hunter said:
Story problems sound disturbing. There are even talks about the failing plot scenes in the latest Star Ocean which I thought impossible. :omgwtf:

I didn't notice any failing plot scenes in The Last Hope, heck, I even bought the game twice (the special edition when it was released) I mean, yeah, the voice acting is really hit and miss but the plot itself felt pretty much solid to me. I loved the game.

Phew, thank goodness. Tri-Ace games usually offer a really decent story even since their old days as Wolfteam, so I was really disturbed by the rumours.
Amano's works for FF are really charming, though in many cases I have a weird impression that he and the developers were hardly in touch. His designs for FF5 are completely different from what the characters look like in-game. that completely changes the impression: Amano's Galuf makes an odd semblance to Snake from the upcoming (!) MGS, and Faris who was just adorably tomboyish in the game, appears like someone whose gender I could REALLY mix up at first glance.
I also must admit that I don't like some of his FF6 designs, though others are among my favourites. He handles in-game female portraits especially well - I love the visualisation of Maria, Rydia, Terra, Relm and Garnet. :dote:
I haven't seen Chrono Cross, but its predecessor, Chrono Trigger, used an incarnation of the very ATB system that FF introduced and trademarked. Even though first 3 installments didn't have it, the first time I tried FF4, this ATB thing seemed so natural to me, it's hard to imagine FF without it now.
Of course, I heard that FF13 ATB will make use of some chain attacks differing from past experiences, and I don't know yet how to treat that... As if it wasn't enough with Tales of Graces combat turned into a Guilty Gear wannabe (what's all this fashion about combos nowadays?). Then again, looks like we'll have a lot of summons, as plot-crucial as in FF6 and FF9, and some decent development system. Oh, and the bad thing: a party of THREE (here I'm still shaking my fist at FF7 for this, and SE goes at it once again!!!).
Well, judging from thr price of the console and emulation prospects (PS2 is practically a retro by now, and people still have hard time emulating IT), I won't be able to check it out soon. Might as well stick to DS side titles for the time being. :XD:

Finally I managed to patch FF7 disk 2 back to English :sohappy: I have advanced pretty far, where Cloud's past is revealed. :plot: And I finally regained my old team (Cloud/Tifa/Yuffie) after many turmoils. :XD:
It's jolly good (even if unreal) that unused characters keep up in levels (maybe they spend hours in a gym? :XD: ), or else I'd be in trouble.
I remember spending pretty much time in the final dungeon of FF6 because I was forced to use three parties (of which my regular one was pumped up to level 99 and the others were... well, neglected). You can imagine the contrast. :ohoho:
btw, why don't we move the thread to Otakuland?

Here is the umpteenth quick test, this time to check which FF character are you. For better or for worse, there are not so many questions to answer.
My result...
:nophoto:

quite fine by me :sohappy:

Not sure about you guys,but I think SE has brought the FF series way far ahead in technology(I mean the ingame fictional technology).

I think it'll be a nice change if the series takes a turn back in time where everything is less techie and more mystical.Kinda like how IX was different from VII and VIII.Just my honest opinion by the way.:tea:

I think it'll be a nice change if the series takes a turn back in time where everything is less techie and more mystical.Kinda like how IX was different from VII and VIII.Just my honest opinion by the way.

+1
Well, grom what I heard, SE is actually considering an option of making FF15 more fantasy-driven. :ayashii: :dote:

hmm... How come I've never seen this topic before...? :confu: lol! :XD:

I played FF7 Crisis core, FFX, FFX-2, FFXII, and FF: Dissidia....

But!.. :plot: I never finished them all! :ohoho:

:hide:

woe betide you! :stupidbox: :glower:
Well, you can always try again. :psst: Or start from the first game and onward, it's actually more interesting this way.

Back