Chat About Final Fantasy ^^

FFVII was my first RPG.

FFVIII is my favourite FF.

FFXII is my second favourite. Don't crucify me please.

FFVII third.

Ive played them all ,in all platforms , yes even FF11 ive been playing it for over 2 years now , i love it , steals my life but love it , cant wait for FF14 XD , and will play FF 13 in japanese ! long live my maaya sakamoto !
And i cant pick a fav , FF7 was my first so it will always be in my heart , i cried a alot T___T , and my charas names were Mulder ( cloud ) Scully (aeris) and Dana (tifa ) , oh yeah im also a very big x files fan XD , so when aeris died i was like noooooooooooooooooooooooo , and im so glad i wasant spoiled , and i keept naming my charas like that until FF9 ...

Re:

FF7 was my first FF (my first rpg was Chrono Trigger)

FF10 is my favorite, 9 my second and 12 my third.

FFXII is my second favourite. Don't crucify me please.

Nah don't worry.

Re:

Kerahna said:
7 was my first RPG too!
I had no idea what was going on, because I was so used to action games.

When the time gauge was filling up, i kept wondering WHY CAN'T I MOOOOVE?!?!??!?!!?! WHY CAN'T I ATTACK?!? WHY ARE PEOPLE HITTING ME AND I CAN'T EVEN RUN AWAY AARRHGHHGHGGHGHHHHHH :blood:

Hahah! When we first enter battle.... we don't know which button (keyboard) to push for the command to appear. We're like "oh, click this to attack..", "eh, eh...? not that. this.." Then we realized that we have to wait for the bar to fully filled in order to make our move.... :ohoho:

And oh... one more thing... I use potion on the boss... the 1st Boss in the Reactor... then I died.... :desksweat:

And oh... one more thing... I use potion on the boss... the 1st Boss in the Reactor... then I died....

WTF? :omgwtf: The most it's supposed to do is to heal him. Gotta be a kind of glitch.

and my charas names were Mulder ( cloud ) Scully (aeris) and Dana (tifa )

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL :XD: :XD: :XD: :XD: :XD: :dote: :dote: :dote: :dote:

It makes me nervous that they "waste" numbers on online installments. :uh..: 11, 14 upcoming... what's the point? Why not name it "Final Fantasy Online"?

Re:

Nick Hunter said:
It makes me nervous that they "waste" numbers on online installments. :uh..: 11, 14 upcoming... what's the point? Why not name it "Final Fantasy Online"?

Yeah.... What a waste... :uh..:

Well, I don't mind online installments at all, but why use a number? TWO numbers as of now? :omgwtf: Instead of a new story it promises, we get a completely random-going world. Online games are more like communities (remember .hack//SIGN), any plot and gameplay elements come second. :uh..: That's definitely not what previous FFs offered. :wai:
Since Sakaguchi left, there's such a lot of weirdness around the series... :uh..: :uh..: :uh..: :uh..: :uh..:

Re:

Nick Hunter said:
Since Sakaguchi left, there's such a lot of weirdness around the series... :uh..: :uh..: :uh..: :uh..: :uh..:

IMO, is more since Squaresoft merged with Enix and Nomura became almost the central figure in SquareEnix. Not that I have anything against Tetsuya Nomura, I love his designs.

I get the impression that Sakaguchi left because Square was taking a path that he didn't feel confortable with. Square games have changed a lot overtime, which is not necessarily bad - just different. Truth is, they're squeazing their franchise more and more overtime. Not that I really mind - I'm a big fan of their franchising, after all ;) Although, I really do miss Squaresoft. And I think I understood Sakaguchi better when I played Lost Odyssey.

Lost Odyssey is a classic Final Fantasy in a different console with different character designs. It even has Nobuo Uematsu composing the music. It was conceived by Sakaguchi himself with all his freedoms and we got ourselves a game for those who miss Squaresoft. It doesn't bring anything new to the gaming panorama, but for lovers of classical RPG and old Final Fantasy fans, I believe it might be a treat. If Sakaguchi rebeled away from Square ( :hearts: ) to conceive with such a classical tendencies, it is to be understanded that it was probably because Square was (and clearly is) stepping away from those classical tendencies more and more. It's not necessarily bad, IMO, it's stepping further into inovation. But at which cost?

About Team Square, I'm sincerely looking forward to Final Fantasy XIII. Final Fantasy XII had huge inovations, starting with a great combat system, but disappointed me immensely because lacked what most defined the series up untill then - a heart. There were good characters, but extremely undeveloped, for instance.
Mistwalker did the extreme opposite. There was little to none innovation whatsoever, and, while Lost Odyssey isn't an OMFG masterpiece (ran a little cold after the first DVD...), it had a huge heart. It made me cry in several occasions and I, personally, value that quite a lot in my preferences :aww: (hence, perhaps, my flair for Kajiura?).

I prefered Lost Odyssey to Final Fantasy XII. That's why, now, I'm quite curious about Final Fantasy XII! Did our Squeenix managed to mature into their position and give us the game we're hoping for?! :w00t:

How nice, I planned to write a short paragraph only... How did this happen?! :white:

LOOOL , but i agree with you guys , i love the classicla FFs and without uematsu sama it wasnt the same , BUT HES BACK on 14 *__________* , but really i take everythign square gives me , i like it «« T_T i suck XD !
However im VERY disapointed ins the lates FF13 news .... putting a song that wasant written for FF kills me !

I'm happy Uematsu didn't compose for FF13.
I love Hamauzu's work in FF10, unlimited saga and Sigma Harmonics. And the stuff that has been released so far is awesome. Chocobo theme :nosebleed:

i like him too , FF13 batlle theme is very catchy *_* , i couldnt get enough of the demo XD really fun!

I skipped FFIX since I got stucked on disc3 :uh..:

Didn't play FFVII and FFVIII since they were released before I owned my PSone and I wasn't really interested either.

currently playing Chapter 5 of FFX-2 and still lazy to go on :plot:

Re:

Nick Hunter said:

I said the EXACT same thing to two of my friends the other day.

Final Fantasy games have always been heavily characters and plot based. When you make them an online game you start using self defined characters which have no plot. An MMORPG is NOT what FF games are. When you make FF an MMORPG you take away the core component.

What you said is EXACTLY what I said. "Why don't they name it Final Fantasy Online and stop using the main series numbers for things which AREN'T main series games."

Also: I adore Nobuo Uematsu's work. I think it's a lot more memorable than what I've heard by the other composers.

Back