Anime that you have recently watched

I didn't have too many issues with second season even, and the backstory segment was rather interesting. One of the big issues I've had with FSN/UBW is that their endings seem pretty messy, but F/Z's ending was rather well defined I thought. Maybe it's because they knew what they had to end up with, being a prequel and all. It was quite slow, but it never felt too slow to me.

The F/Z characters were more interesting and original (I mean personality) than F/SN UBW... I love Rider (Alexander), walker, saber, Kotomine Kirei, Kiritsugu, Iriesviel, Gilgamesh... The servants from U/SN UBW were so... boring? except Saber

This I can agree with. I prefer the character designs themselves as well as the actual characterisation to boot. The Rider/Waver combo was amazing, as was the twisted relationship between Caster (goddamn Gilles de Rais) and his master, plus his shenanigans regarding Saber. Irisviel was a lot more interesting than Ilyasviel to me as well.

Gilgamesh is a perfect asshole too, it takes a lot to create a character quite like him and it works well here. Pretty fun to see little Rin running about and getting used to magic before she becomes the character she does in the main series also. F/Z had it's faults, but it's characters were arguably it's strongest point.

I'm not sure but maybe I enjoyed more UBW - because of the main couple, their relationship development was subtle and they're soo cute together <3
In Fate Zero, I wonder, whom Kiritsugu loved anyway...

UBW second part was excessively dark though.

But in F/Z I really loved Rider / Waver too, Rider is so funny and friendly. The dialogues between Gilgamesh and Kirei were so impressive and philosophical.
And I know don't exactly why, but that black suit looks awesome on Saber.

Anime I've watched recently includes Seraph of the End, Utawarerumono: The False Mask, and Chobits.

I'm trying to decide whether I should watch Charlotte, ERASED, Noragami, or Fate/Stay Night UBW next. They are all high priority as next to watch, though it is hard to decide which one since they all sound good.

Currently watching Amagi Brilliant Park on animelab.com (only available to Australia / New Zealand unfortunately), already up to episode 8. Good combination of realism and fantasy.

Ok, so:
1. Dennou coil - great anime. When I was watching it, I felt like in childhood. Fine atmosphere
2. Serial Experimental Lain - it was hard to me to watch but it was interesting. Most of the episodes I was wondering what's going on and where is the truth?
Now I'm watching Ore Monogatari - this anime has the best main character I've ever seen!

@Aurora3500 noragami is a good medium level anime

Watched "Giovanni's Island" on Saturday night. Quite a sad anime movie, but also touching how ordinary people helped each other often at great personal risk. PS, it helps if you are already familiar with the story "Night on The Galactic Railroad" which was made into an anime movie several years ago.

I've watched the Anime series Overlord, and Ghost in the Shell based on recommendations from my best friend. They certainly have not disappointed.

I love the Psycho-Pass feeling I get from GitS. It could be said that Psycho-Pass is the spiritual successor of Ghost in the Shell. Which is likely the main reason I love Ghost in the Shell a lot.

Gonna be a d!ck and say IMHO PSYCHO-PASS has nothing on GITS. :D (In the movie or SAC iterations. ARISE was pretty bad.)

What did you think of OVERLORD? I couldn't push myself past the first episode (it just seemed like a boring otaku fantasy) but I know it's popular so I might as well consider someones actual opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
PSYCHO-PASS is good, but I agree. GitS: SAC is one of my overall favourite series however, so it'd be damn hard to beat. ARISE was alright but disappointing.

Yuri on Ice has been fantastic so far. The characters, the animation, the music, the art, if they all manage to stay at this level the show is definitely going to be a classic.

Just watching Girlish Number and Flip Flappers right now. Both are pretty great. The former is amusing and cute and I guess a little informative? and the latter is the most fun thing I've seen in ages and damn is it colourful.

Just finished rewatching Madoka, now am gonna start rewatching Fate/Zero. Madoka was as great as I remembered. I also now understand everyone's obsession with Kyouko lol.

Yuri on Ice!!! a BUNCH of people at school recommend it to me and for once I decided to watch it.
God, I love it to death, it's not even the Victor x Yuri I love the most (though its pretty sweet.) I just identify with Yuri so much. I also like how he doesn't always win 1st, it seems more realistic.
I hope he has a day off for some relationship development soon because watching performance after performance is getting a little dull (though unlike everyone else I just watched 1-9 in an entire day.) The OP/ED aren't amazing either but Yuri is just too perfect a character.

Watching Yuri on Ice made me want to start watching anime again (and it's the perfect time since school's ended.) I actually made a list of everything I've watched which is only 15 animes (that I can remember.) It seems like a low and a high number at the same time.

Back