Anime that you have recently watched

Finished? Kill la kill continues through Winter.

I've only seen Yozakura Quartet-Hana no Uta- in full from last season. Not as great as Hoshi no Umi OAD but still good.

I tried watching Kyousougiga but somehow stopped caring in the middle. Gave the first 2 eps of Kill la kill a try but didn't like it, it has nothing on previous Imaishi shows I've seen.

I marathoned magi in 3 days about a week ago, until where it is now. Its pretty good, and sometimes has unexpected events (like one character cutting the head off a pirate kids woman leader)

Yeah Kill La Kill just took a... 3? week break after the latest episode due to Christmas/New Year's. I think it's back next week, or if not the week after.

I just finished watching the Mushishi OVA that came out today, show owns. It's like a cross between a Miyazaki film and a Discovery channel feature, with each episode focusing on a different facet of a weird world. There's no real overarching plotline, or even many recurring characters beside the main character, it's kind of weird. And it also wasn't very successful, so there was no follow-up after it ended in 2006.

Until today's OVA (basically a double-length episode) came out with pretty much zero fanfare and announced a new season covering the rest of the source material. I'm still just kind of shocked it happened.

I've not been watching much at all lately. Monogatari Second was great though, and I started Kill la Kill. It's...wild and fun, but I'm hoping it does a bit more than just show schoolgirls in skimpy outfits beating each other up. :uh..: It *could* be awesome, so I'll watch a couple more eps and see how it goes.

The Mushishi OAV was...ARGH. So good! :sohappy: I'd seen one or two little hints that they were working on *something*, but the news that we'll see a second season in April was the. Best. News.

It's weird; I only know a handful of people who've even heard of the show, but that small circle of online friends absolutely loved it. My twitter feed went nuts for a whole evening! There's something timeless and really profound about it...there are moments where you're welling up over the tragedy of it all, but it has this peaceful zen-like serene vibe to it. It's one of the weirdest but most wonderful anime shows I've ever seen.

@Fetucine: Oooooh I'm so jealous! I am going to have to find that somewhere! I love that show so much, and I want the manga. (Might get it soon)

I finished Coppleion recently, which is a really good show. I wish it would have a season 2, but I don't think anything's been announced yet. Same with Sunday Without God, which is just interesting. There have been some really good animes. (Have yet to watch Kill la Kill but I might after Merry.)

Recently watched:

White Album 2
Monogatari Series Koimonogatari and Shinobu's arc (forget what it was called)
Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio
Machine Doll wa Kizutsukanai
BlazBlue Alter Memory
Tokyo Ravens
Log Horizon...

Maybe I'll finally also finish Madoka since I've only watched the first three eps...

^ I was under the impression that just about everyone had seen Madoka lol :punched:

finished Noir! :dote: so great...and such great music (with so much unreleased!)

Finished the second season of Hakuouki. It's very heartbreaking, as it should be. I do wish they could've had an extra two episodes so the historical events weren't just rushed through. I mean, why make a 10-episode sequel season to a 12-episode first season? Ah well, there's always the VN.
^ I was under the impression that just about everyone had seen Madoka lol :punched:

finished Noir! :dote: so great...and such great music (with so much unreleased!)
Glad you enjoyed it. My favourite anime, actually, so I always feel happy when someone else enjoys it.

Interesting how you mentioned unreleased music. I'll be honest, though I rewatched the show quite a few times, I never noticed a lot of unreleased music. Maybe because I'm just so caught up in the show. Need to rewatch again.

^Hakuouki :love:

lots of the unreleased were different versions of bgm that have been released (such as canta per me, salva nos, and lullaby instrumentals) with a handful of new tracks. when I find time I'm going to rip them (should probably learn how to use audacity lol)

^Ah, I see. Though canta per me II is sorta an instrumental canta per me. They released two OSTs + BGM outtrack collection. I guess I just assumed they covered it all.

I have a Pavlovian aversion to Audacity, so I wish you luck.

finished the wallflower this morning~ it was soo cute and simply hilarious

I just finished the first season of Magi with my brother, hope to watch the second soon. I am still going through Detective Conan, and if The Slayers wasn't so great, it would be my favorite anime. Also I love Hakuoki! I have to finish it yet, since season 2 disappeared on me for some reason. (Want to watch Basara again, which is also a good show)

Back