A Kajiura SPECULAH thread, apparently.

Just today I was going to ask if anyone here knew if it wasn't weird that we haven't got any news about it since it was going to release around november/december this year 🫥 so sad that it's been delayed for a full year 😭 and we still don't know who is going to sing the main theme

I think that the chances for Re/Magia are higher if FJ releases that single featuring Keiko & Hikaru.

I think feat. Hikaru alone would be more likely. XD
I wonder if Keiko's management/label would allow for her to lead a TIE-IN released for/via another company...

Anyways, gib feat. Aimer just to annoy ritardando. :D

in 4 years aimer wouldve ruined her voice thanks to her shitty singing so she'd be retired by then.

or if I'm being positive, in 4 years she'd have a child/or children and decide to retire from entertainment industry, focusing on her family instead.

pls gib Claris op/ed, op by their usual producer and ed by Kajiura

anw grunty if you manifested this... i know that I can't do anything to you directly but i wish for minor inconveniences to plague your daily life.

Watch Aimer still thrive in 10 years. ;)

Anyhu, my life is pretty shit rn anyways so you're welcome. :|

deep in my heart I know that she'd still thrive in like god knows how many years. i just wished people developed better taste and have functional ears, but what can i say. shitty singing have been around for years but idk why aimer's just really grates me and rubs me the wrong way. i should've been desensitized to it since i listened to kpop and shitty vocals (technique wise) and annoying voice (subjective as in it's back to people's taste) being praised to the moon and back is daily occurrence but i just can't stop myself with aimer. maybe it's because Kajiura being one of my favorites decided to do way too many projects with her lol.

I'm sorry aimer, I'm sure you're a lovely person but it's personal 💕

They have 6 songs together. And 3 of those were for one project... ;p

I admire your hatred for Aimer but also groan whenever you mention "bad technique" in posts about her just because you subjectively don't like it. :p

But maybe I don't have the whole story? Feel free to link me some recent-ish proper livestreams/proper live tv shows with her.

I admire your hatred for Aimer but also groan whenever you mention "bad technique" in posts about her just because you subjectively don't like it. :p

But maybe I don't have the whole story? Feel free to link me some recent-ish proper livestreams/proper live tv shows with her.
that's 6 songs and 3 or 4 projects too many 💕

don't think about it too much, as you've said I'm a hater through and through. just let me hate. i try not to hate too much but i really can't with aimer. we just have different taste in what constitutes as listenable and not (re: junna and leia)

Last edited:
I'm perfectly fine with you hating Aimer and her voice. Just like I am perfectly fine with you prefering LINO LEIA (nothx) over JUNNA or, per your comments, Ethyria's "I beg you" (an absolute synthesized sounding nothingburger to me on an emotional level) over Aimer's.

I just don't get why "bad technique" has to be mentioned. If she's been singing as much and for as long with "this" voice (I know she sounded different when she started) and even you are expecting her to continue thriving, then it's hardly "bad" technique. At worst, it's one you don't like. :P We have examples of poor technique to shit on in closer YK proximity, if necessary...

But again, feel free to link me to some recent-ish proper live performances of Aimer. I am hardly a fan. I like maybe 2 of her songs (one being Walpurgis) outside of the Kajiura ones.

Last edited:

I love Aimer but I have the feeling that since she's been dating her producer and practically only works with him the quality of her music has decreased drastically. The last album and singles are boring af

Ok? Cool? We did not say anything about her actual songs or career.
I was just teasing ritardando and his hatred for Aimer's voice. And again, I have no problem with that - I don't like plenty a singers myself, even stopped following a few with how their voices changed... My only issue in your quote was him mentioning "shitty vocals" "technique-wise" in the same paragraph.

Mods feel free to move this to some Aimer thread 'cause I didn't mean to derail Kajiura speculah that much.

I'm perfectly fine with you hating Aimer and her voice. Just like I am perfectly fine with you prefering LINO LEIA (nothx) over JUNNA or, per your comments, Ethyria's "I beg you" (an absolute synthesized sounding nothingburger to me on an emotional level) over Aimer's.

I just don't get why "bad technique" has to be mentioned. If she's been singing as much and for as long with "this" voice (I know she sounded different when she started) and even you are expecting her to continue thriving, then it's hardly "bad" technique. At worst, it's one you don't like. :P We have examples of poor technique to shit on in closer YK proximity, if necessary...

But again, feel free to link me to some recent-ish proper live performances of Aimer. I am hardly a fan. I like maybe 2 of her songs (one being Walpurgis) outside of the Kajiura ones.
LINO LEIA over JUNNA? Say it ain't so? @ritarudandoo :@_@:

@grunty

Yeah I have to admit that I might be too harsh on aimer, it's the combination of me not liking her voice and her technique being mediocre. Sometime her voice is very throaty, and I really really can't stand people who sings like they're holding hot potato on their mouth. She sings like she's puffing air at the same time, idk how to describe it in English, but the ones that sing very draggy, makes the syllables sometime sounds like they have -h added on the end. And I used to think that she was not that bad back when she just debuted. From what I know her songs are like shitty too and people praised her songs to the moon and back so I guess it's also me hating her songs that bleed even more to me hating her voice.

Not so good or even awful techniques are fine, all Kajiura vocalists that I liked do it too. Hikaru's voice is kinda ruined the way aimer's isn't and I somehow still can stand Hikaru's more, even though I hated hated her voice in all Kalafina piano ballad since Mahiru. I'm just too excessive in my hatred of aimer, sorry about that. BUT that being said I won't stop hating because not one of her performances changes my opinion of her, if anything her I beg you from YKL19 to me was near unlistenable and I beg you is the only aimer Kajiura song that I actually can stand the recording version of. As far as I know her songs are also on her comfortable range so less chance of her ruining her voice (the way Aoi Eir ruined her voice for example), but I'm just an awful person who wishes nothing but the worst for people I don't like. Or maybe I just don't want her to collaborate with Kajiura or Sawano anymore.

and Ethyria are good singers, at least for vtubers. Enna Alouette in particular is an incredible live vocalist. i think it's not that fair to compare the production value of synthesized instruments and home recorded vocals over live band and proper studio mixing. I just liked their voices and I'll take them over aimer anytime of the day.

Hope we can lay this to rest.

@CloisteredFlame

Yea I can stand Leia's idol-like voice, nasal-nosey voice more than Junna's belting and shouting. I'd rather listen to her stripper like obsession and cazador del amor over Junna's silly go round and Taiyou no Korou or whatever that song is. I know technically Junna has a better vocal placement than Leia's but she executed that poorly to the point that to me it doesn't even matter. She sounded shitty. I hated her silly go round with all my heart. I really really liked silly go round and am kinda indifferent towards cazador del amor, so her ruining a song I loved makes my dislike towards her performance doubled. I love Keiko but you all now how I shit over her when she shouted too. At least sometimes Keiko's shouting/failed belting kinda still connects to her chest voice meanwhile Junna's shouting sounds like she's really shouting from the back of her head. I love my ears so I ain't giving it another listen, but that's as far as I remembered lol. As I've said, rather giving nothing than giving ear cancer. Leia's vocal is teetering between making me cringe and okay-ish, but to me it's still listenable. I don't like it, but I can stand it. I can sit through it. On the other hand, other than Umi to Shinjuu to me Junna was truly unlistenable, even Umi to Shinjuu was already kinda pushing it. Not even Keiko in harmony can cushion the painful pierce I felt when I listened to her voice. I use headphone a lot and her voice in silly go round truly hurt my ears - I wasn't kidding when I said that it was truly giving me ear cancer lmao. Incredibly piercing in a really painful way. The last time I felt this way was 2011-2012 Wakana with all her honkiness in all her -i syllables and even then it wasn't this bad. I might actually like aimer more than her because with aimer, I don't like her voice but if I have to, I can sit through her live performance and that's really saying something.

tldr: to my personal taste: aimer's shit, Junna's shit. I'm an awful person but this is nothing new. Hikaru's kinda shitty now but is still half listenable. let's move on.

Last edited:
@grunty

Yeah I have to admit that I might be too harsh on aimer, it's the combination of me not liking her voice and her technique being mediocre. Sometime her voice is very throaty, and I really really can't stand people who sings like they're holding hot potato on their mouth. She sings like she's puffing air at the same time, idk how to describe it in English, but the ones that sing very draggy, makes the syllables sometime sounds like they have -h added on the end. And I used to think that she was not that bad back when she just debuted. From what I know her songs are like shitty too and people praised her songs to the moon and back so I guess it's also me hating her songs that bleed even more to me hating her voice.

Not so good or even awful techniques are fine, all Kajiura vocalists that I liked do it too. Hikaru's voice is kinda ruined the way aimer's isn't and I somehow still can stand Hikaru's more, even though I hated hated her voice in all Kalafina piano ballad since Mahiru. I'm just too excessive in my hatred of aimer, sorry about that. BUT that being said I won't stop hating because not one of her performances changes my opinion of her, if anything her I beg you from YKL19 to me was near unlistenable and I beg you is the only aimer Kajiura song that I actually can stand the recording version of. As far as I know her songs are also on her comfortable range so less chance of her ruining her voice (the way Aoi Eir ruined her voice for example), but I'm just an awful person who wishes nothing but the worst for people I don't like. Or maybe I just don't want her to collaborate with Kajiura or Sawano anymore.

and Ethyria are good singers, at least for vtubers. Enna Alouette in particular is an incredible live vocalist. i think it's not that fair to compare the production value of synthesized instruments and home recorded vocals over live band and proper studio mixing. I just liked their voices and I'll take them over aimer anytime of the day.

Hope we can lay this to rest.

@CloisteredFlame

Yea I can stand Leia's idol-like voice, nasal-nosey voice more than Junna's belting and shouting. I'd rather listen to her stripper like obsession and cazador del amor over Junna's silly go round and Taiyou no Korou or whatever that song is. I know technically Junna has a better vocal placement than Leia's but she executed that poorly to the point that to me it doesn't even matter. She sounded shitty. I hated her silly go round with all my heart. I really really liked silly go round and am kinda indifferent towards cazador del amor, so her ruining a song I loved makes my dislike towards her performance doubled. I love Keiko but you all now how I shit over her when she shouted too. At least sometimes Keiko's shouting/failed belting kinda still connects to her chest voice meanwhile Junna's shouting sounds like she's really shouting from the back of her head. I love my ears so I ain't giving it another listen, but that's as far as I remembered lol. As I've said, rather giving nothing than giving ear cancer. Leia's vocal is teetering between making me cringe and okay-ish, but to me it's still listenable. I don't like it, but I can stand it. I can sit through it. On the other hand, other than Umi to Shinjuu to me Junna was truly unlistenable, even Umi to Shinjuu was already kinda pushing it. Not even Keiko in harmony can cushion the painful pierce I felt when I listened to her voice. I use headphone a lot and her voice in silly go round truly hurt my ears - I wasn't kidding when I said that it was truly giving me ear cancer lmao. Incredibly piercing in a really painful way. The last time I felt this way was 2011-2012 Wakana with all her honkiness in all her -i syllables and even then it wasn't this bad. I might actually like aimer more than her because with aimer, I don't like her voice but if I have to, I can sit through her live performance and that's really saying something.

tldr: to my personal taste: aimer's shit, Junna's shit. I'm an awful person but this is nothing new. Hikaru's kinda shitty now but is still half listenable. let's move on.
What kind of headphones/sound system do you use?

https://x.com/fion0806/status/1829455836693025036?s=46&t=cYIyCI1EUAvXV_xaD4LgyQ

Recording season!!

yay-hurray.gif

Back