"Yuki Kajiura Live vol.#17 ~PARADE~" June 18 - Aug 12, 2022

whoever edited that video teaser is definitely a Keiko fan. Keiko was pretty much all over the teaser video, meanwhile we got only a glimpse of Joelle at Parallel Hearts, Yuriko at sprinter, and Kaori was in shot because she stood next to Keiko lmao.

not a big fan of Keiko trying to emulate Chiaki's extremely nasal delivery on KnY Main Theme. very sad because she nailed this song on live 15. sore wa chiisana is kinda mmmm, i have to say I'm actually more of the original's somewhat messy and loud arrangement. Rito's song is not memorable, Lino Leia's voice is very nasal and not in a totally pleasant way, but I have a feeling that I would like the song still. kinda get the Wakana comparison bcs that nasal pinched voice sounds like 2011-2012 Wakana lol. Parallel Hearts has like no energy at all, even less than the 2014 ver. brb consoling myself with the 2009 live version one. Hikaru sounded like someone who just recently started learning how to sing again.

the best part of the video so far is Keiko's dress. it is gorgeous. Idk why they keep giving Joelle dresses that literally has no figure at all. she looked like a monochrome Christmas Tree in that dress she was wearing and that makes me really sad.

Last edited:
wow definitely a keiko fan whoever prepared this.

also keiko's take on chiaki. NO. absolutely not. bad bad choice imo.

holy cow, george is right, i do hear a teeny wakana in lino xD

AWWWW SEEING HIKARU melted my heart a little. (also that grey on her hair.. that's dye right?) though Keiko putting arms around Yuriko = should have been Hikaru there lol

Last edited:
Not for lives.
In fact, now I need Yuriko covering Kalafina songs.
Well, kay, sure, but do Kalafina lives make those parts "Wakana parts" when talking about Yuriko singing them? XD

https://mega.nz/file/BwITHDSZ#zY-z4jyab6EhJ7xRLqSbC8CobLRCm4EyaQF_yFP_xlo
edit: changed clip for more obvious Yuriko audio in the original studio version.

Also, side note, sprinter has to be one of Kajiura's best vocal arrangements...

Think I'll have to look at these 2018 rips again to see if I didn't mess them up somehow last time I edited them...

Last edited:
I... refuse... to believe... there's no Yuriko in the studio version in those parts... I refuse...

I can accept there being both but I refuse to accept Wakana is more audible in the original studio version in those parts... XD

I refuse. I REJECT YOUR REALITY.

i'm gonna be a pompous ass and ask, is there any indication to either reality in the credits?

according to this: https://vgmdb.net/album/80471
yuriko is listed as chorus.

but not here https://vgmdb.net/album/21785.

i can't tell actually lol. it's all mashed potatoes for me xD oh you're talking about studio or live? whatever nvm me lol

the studio ver https://vgmdb.net/album/10811 lists yuriko but i mean which part where naturally up to us to decide -.-

I'm talking about the original studio sprinter. (In response to @Azokad calling what Yuriko is singing in the new livestream trailer "Wakana's parts".)

mmm I've been always talking about live version, the sample I posted is from All Time Best. Studio version has a lot of Yuriko layers, impossible to make in live version.

but there is definitely Yuriko in your clip (post #212)? like 100%. (i barged into the discussion uninvited sorry). vgmdb clearly lists yuriko in the studio ver. i wager there are both wakana and yuriko bits in there but yuriko for sure. the lives are a bit ambiguous but suppose there is yuriko when she is present ? (perhaps not in 2010 but in 2018)?

Well, Yuriko is definitely in the studio sprinter in general but we're talking specifically the parts that are in the live trailer, so the first few high kajiurago vocals from my sample cut.

to my ears, yuriko is present whenever there is chorus accompanying either keiko or hikaru in that clip (post #212).

Yea but then there's @Azokad's clip where yes... it does kinda sound like Wakana at times (assuming it's the same studio version). (But one could argue it's filtered so hard that Keiko doesn't sound like herself either even though I realize they could be cut in different frequency ranges.)

tldr: My reality is at risk. I refuse. lol. I can accept there's both, if I need that much filtering to recognize Wakana... but I refuse to believe there's no prominent Yuriko in those high kajiurago.

Azokad's clip (yea super filtered) probably corresponds to the midsection of your clip where I hear both Wakana and Yuriko. hmm not sure about where Azokad's clip starts lol. but the beginning of your clip first 30 sec, i hear only Yuriko very clearly.

i would say your reality is correct. to my ears anyway. there could be both, but yuriko's presence is undeniable as chorus in those parts. peace to grunty's reality xD

Both of our clips are the same part of the song afaict.
If I'm being perfectly honest I can't tell if Azokad's clip is really from the studio version, lol. The way Keiko says "furuetteru sono MaMa dakishimeta" (before Maya's verse) in his filtered clip feels way more infatuated than the one I have.

Edit: I can't stop thinking about this filtered clip now. I'm really broken right now, lol.

Edit2:
@Azokad did you really use the studio version? lol. I NEED TO KNOW! I can't function like this.
Why does Keiko's note at 0:12 sound like a different harmony from my clip and why do some lyrics feel different too. How could filtering change so much? I'm losing my mind here.

Last edited:
Back