Sword Art Online (SAO: P)

For fucks sake, lol. At the very least I presume the next movie will be more "original" than a rehash of the very beginning?

Just give me that Alicization Music Collection.

Reactions: aki
Indeed, nothing surprising. I just wish it wasn't happening. This OST wasn't a nice standalone listen. :|

You can scroll till progressive to see that there is alot more left, aparently there is stuff for 10 more movies. Also why would they stop milking the money cow ?
On the twitter post @Nightmare linked people are already freaking out the sequel could be jumping ahead and skipping ?3 novels (of the 8 which are out as of now).
lol.

No. I was expecting Anime SAO:P series after this cause I'm not enjoying her movie ost format recently :waa: At least in her TV series I could find more stand-alone tracks than her movie osts rearrange so many times(re:sao:p/hf)

Guess they want to keep it separate from the mainline SAO, which could stay as a TV series whenever they get around to Unity Ring or whatever that next arc is called.

After a brief break with Alicization, SAO returns to its tradition of mediocrity

As long as we get stuff like Vanitas and Fena, I guess I can't hate that Kajiura sticks by this series.

Its sad that some of these tracks had interesting melodies but were too short or interrupted by swordland lol, most for the shake of "film scoring" i guess. I gonna work well when watching the movie, but doesn't work when listening to the soundtrack.

Review tomorrow.

mp3s on Hikari

ok "please enter your name" wth is this. same ten beats repeat for 1 min and 26 seconds. it's bull shit Kajiura I'm sorry, if you're reading it. I mean if the rest were ok i could have tolerated this for sake of completeness but honestly. yuck

Last edited:
mp3s on Hikari

ok "please enter your name" wth is this. same ten beats repeat for 1 min and 26 seconds. it's bull shit Kajiura I'm sorry, if you're reading it. I mean if the rest were ok i could have tolerated this for sake of completeness but honestly. yuck
She leaned a little too hard into video game music for some of these tracks

But still if she was lazy to develop it she could make it 15 secs track and the studio could loop it as long as they needed. After all i dont think anyone takes 1.5 min to type a name 😂

So... barely 2 melodies: swordland and the new cute yet lazy theme.

together we go further: sounds cool! I like the violin. #2 was pointless.

driven to the wall: starts like the Fena track used during the ship battle. 0:10 I like how E.G (?) sounds hybrid, synth; something lacking from Kajiura's skills. Could have been done by Sawano (listen to the first 3 seconds of RE:g1-ON - yep, the drummer wasn't asleep unlike in this new SAO OST).
2:57 oh nooooo the thing I liked from the PV is actually included in this meh track. Sad day.

to the fierce battlefield: synth we can hear is actually quite good but its volume is too low. Makes the track more badass until the flute destroys everything (1:20-1:27). Just like it kills the mood from Zodiacal Sign in vol.#16, vol.#15 (maybe 14,13,12 too?) imo. Works in Pripri, but not here.

we will finish this game: you're making a new "luminous sword" just to end it abruptly??????

The rest is crap, sorry not sorry Kajiura. #147

From what I understand the arc that is still ongoing in Progressive already begins (or is set up) in earlier floors, while the 5th floor is mostly a standalone story.
They don't want to mess up the still ongoing story so, instead of waiting, they chose to adapt the standalone one.

Choices.

Back