Yuki Kajiura and Kalafina girls left Spacecraft (confirmed)

I thought they're going to disband by their 10th anniversary, making this their last tour so they named this tour 9+ONE. their future is this ONE last year together because there won't be any 10th anniversary.

why making another tour when there's no new album and/or single announced?

Lmao this is really late but my prediction in 2016 turns out to be (kinda) true.
And like what @grunty said, with Wakana's releasing a single next year it isn't likely that she's going to leave spacecraft soon. Unless her contract's going to expire next year and she leaves after releasing one single.

With Harmony now dedicated to Wakana only, wouldn't there be no 'harmony' anymore ww? Somehow feel they should change the fanclub's name to just Kalafina Wakana or something if she really wants to use it as a starting point for a solo career.

I kinda had a hunch given that Hikaru's only activity as an artist was her birthday concert. Could this mean a potential new Kalafina group once Wakana leaves (not that it's a given, tho).

I'm still bitter about not being able to attend their 10th anniversary concert so if they get back together I have a second chance xD

I honestly think WAKANA should detach herself from the name “Kalafina” as well. With the departure of both Hikaru AND KEIKO, I don’t see the purpose of the Harmony fanclub to even continue.

Using the name “Kalafina” will surely help her push her career forward, so that fans that don’t know “WAKANA” but know “Kalafina” will be interested in her work. I feel either she or the company is afraid that her going solo without the help of the name “Kalafina” will not be a success.

Please feel free to chime in on your thoughts about this....

For marketing purposes using the name Kalafina definitely helps her tremendously, and there's no way to promote Wakana as an artist without mentioning her 10 years as Kalafina. But as time progresses I would also like to see her detach from the name Kalafina if she considers the solo career, as Kalafina in my mind is always three people.

Will they even have an official disbandment? I kind of think that they might leave things as it is.
Here is the google translate of the same thing they posted on Lineblog, which is addressed to everyone, whereas the letter is addressed to the fanclub people, with the only difference being that the handwritten letter mentioned the birthday event.

Thank you for always supporting us.
Today, I will report it to everyone from Hikaru.

ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー ー

"to everyone"

I, Hikaru, we will report that we have gradually exited Spacecraft Production Co., Ltd. on October 20, 2018.

For the 10 years in which we started activities as Kalafina, became indebted to the office, and learned many things, everyone who was always gentle and enthusiastic, everyone in the office was there. It was worth living to face such people and to talk all the energy through music.

Of course, regardless of whether I can meet you both in Japan and abroad, I keep living with warm memories of everyone who supported and connected with music, words, border carefully.

Beyond what I thought, Kalafina who came to me for ten years was a big presence, time and experience.
Now I am at the crossroads to think about my life as a singer and my way of thinking, I am thinking to find what I need for myself to do a journey that can be expressed straight from my heart.
Although it will be a tough journey, I will continue to step by step so that I can oppose myself again this afternoon and face it honestly with everyone.

I am sincerely thankful to everyone who I met and lovingly supported in the past 10 years.

I'm really thankful to you.

Well, until the day we can see you again.

Yeah, I am sure Keiko is doing the same thing. I think she will follow Yuki, since she was so excited to get new songs written by her. Even if they are individual they could join FJS and still have Yuki as producer, or is she going to have other producers in her company? Not sure. But yeah, it is strange seeing Kalafina in front of Wakana's name. Kaori just went as Kaori, not FJ Kaori. They all should go to Yuki's company and form a large group. lol I mean, Yuki can write for multiple people, as she did for Angel Gate with everyone singing and Dream Port. But one can dream, right?

Yeah, I am sure Keiko is doing the same thing. I think she will follow Yuki, since she was so excited to get new songs written by her. Even if they are individual they could join FJS and still have Yuki as producer, or is she going to have other producers in her company? Not sure.
Not to be annoying but Keiko or anyone else "following"/"joining" Kajiura is not up to them or us. Kajiura (and FictionJunction Music) is flying solo ATM as far as we know.
But one can dream, right?
That is correct. Don't we all hope for something.

Can we talk about how she’s NOT following Kajiura or any of the FBM or yuriko or kaori though ?? :(

これからのことはまだ何も決まっておりませんが
'I am still not deciding what to do from now on...'

Let's hope she joins with YK again

Back