Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Boku dake ga inai machi" TV Anime

Ahhh I have to watch it! Though I want subtitles! Will that site have subs? I love the KnK soundtrack, even the sfx tracks. So I am okay with this. There will probably be some cool fight/faster music too.

It's too soon for me to comment on the music quality, as skeptical as I am, besides loud BHAAAAA Sound Effects (hard to say if those are by the sound team or by Kajiura it could be either or) but the story has me drawn in at least. From what manga readers have said it's apparently pretty compressed but oddly I don't feel it.

Just watched the episode myself with a friend. Interesting story, kinda reminds me a little of the game Shadow of Memories. I only really noticed two pieces of music in the whole episode though, main theme aside (I'm still weirded out that they're using an AKFG song from 2004 for this now), those being the piano piece during the first flashback sequence and the more creepy one that reminds me of Madoka later on when the mother is looking into the weird dude.

And isn't there a guitar one where he's talking to Yuuki in the flashback too? I just watched the episode. 2 is out but I think I'll wait for subs, since Naruto Wire is pretty fast with it. But yeah, not much in the music department so far. Are we seeing the same issue we had with SAO? I hope not. It is an intriguing story. Hopefully there will be some awesome tracks though. (And maybe an insert song for Kalafina?)

(And maybe an insert song for Kalafina?)
I'd rather have an FJ insert song, since we haven't heard anything from them since elemental ~1.5 years ago. Either way, I want at least something from one of Kajiura's groups.

Btw, did you say the second episode was out? I thought only the first episode aired this week.

Watched the episode as well, but in two sections- my internet cut out around halfway through. Anyway, the music, though not anything new, it fits with the show really well (which is debatingly better). The story is interesting, and I can't wait to see how the "revival" thing fits in. It did a really good job of introducing the characters and explaining their backstories, but not giving away too much or being an info dump.

Just watched the episode, was hooked. I was so interested I completely forgot about the music. I only noticed the first song played, the one where he's talking to Yuuki, and when they're looking for the disturbance in the carpark outside the supermarket. The music seems promising, as well as the story and characters (my mouth was left hanging for about a minute when *spoiler spoiler spoiler*

Oh, sorry george. I did not understand about the 2nd one. And that I missed the subs. But I found it on another site that I like that has tons of anime and it comes out with subs pretty fast, like I said.

Turns out that the details about the 2nd BD/DVD box are also out
http://bokumachi-anime.com/package/02/

発売日 Date
2016年6月22日(水)

価格 Price
Blu-ray:18,000円+税
DVD:15,000円+税

品番 Product Code
Blu-ray:ANZX-12045~12048
DVD:ANZB-12045~12048

収録話 Contents
第七話~第十二話
本編DISC2枚+特典DISC2枚

特典 Benefits
●原作者・三部けい描き下ろし漫画
●特典DISC1:音楽・梶浦由記オリジナル・サウンドトラック
●特典DISC2:エンドレス再上映リバイバルディスク
※第七話~第十二話の通し視聴&オートリピート用Blu-ray/DVD DISCになります。
※画質・音質は本編DISCに比べ低品質になります。
●キャラクターデザイン・佐々木啓悟描き下ろし三方背BOX&デジパック
●特製ブックレット
●オーディオコメンタリー
ほか

episode 2
subs http://anilinkz.tv/boku-dake-ga-inai-machi-episode-2

- bgm with sfx & strings (it think it was heard last ep ?)
OP (the animation isnt really matching to the slower and faster moments)
- bgm with some airy sfx [new]
- bgm with music box-like digital sound [new]
- bgm with sfx & blinging
- ac. guitar bgm
- bgm with strings [new] (touching)
- same acoustic piano bgm as in last ep
- sfx
- bgm with kinda funny percussion sound [new]
- bgm with some metalophone but interesting [new]
- bgm with e.guitar, and accoustic piano [new]
- piano bgm [new] (really nice)
- PV bgm! [new] (but was cut T_T)
- bgm with blinging and cello [new] (sounds great)
- bgm with accoustic piano (same melody as above track) [new]
- bgm with strings (touching) [new]
- other part of the PV music
ED! (it apparently partly uses the theme bgm melody)
Sayuri sounds much better in the beginning part than she did in the sample)
The arrangement is quite different from Kajiura's recent style (reminds more of Chiba Saeko). I wonder if the guitar is played by Sayuri herself. Also there are no weird keychanges which is a good thing.

This is what i call sampling grunty, he used half the soundtrack in a single episode, he will soon run out of new tracks to showcase and will start recycling.

I love how the male VA does the grown up MC thoughts and the woman VA the kid IRL voice, this is really revolutionary :D

will now watch the subtitled ver.

ED:
audio :love:
video :tea:

(there is some weird high frequency sound twice in the refrain that sounds like these anti mosquito devises that kills my ears)

Last edited:
This is what i call sampling grunty, he used half the soundtrack in a single episode, he will soon run out of new tracks to showcase and will start recycling.

In music, sampling referts to something different, so that's probably why grunty didn't understand your post.

is the act of taking a portion, or sample, of one sound recording and reusing it as an instrument or a sound recording in a different song or piece

Oh im sorry, then how is the thing this director does, called ? :)

Btw what's the "Stake" thing they say, some Hokkaido dialect ?

some Kajiura comments from twitter
梶浦由記 Yuki Kajiura ‏@Fion0806 3h3 hours ago
さユりさんが歌われているEDの「それは小さな光のような」作詞作曲担当させて頂きました(^_^)。光栄な事でございます。

梶浦由記 Yuki Kajiura ‏@Fion0806 3h3 hours ago
今週もあっという間の30分だった(>_<;;)。

梶浦由記 Yuki Kajiura ‏@Fion0806 4h4 hours ago
実況的なことは(するとしたら)裏にて。cc= cc=┌( ・_・)┘⇒

梶浦由記 Yuki Kajiura ‏@Fion0806 4h4 hours ago
ぼくまち第二話待機なう。(´▽`)

In the website i have linked for the episode above there are really warm viewer comments :) (stuff like its the best they have watched in a while)

Last edited:
The ED is pretty sweet, IMHO.

You're saying that like it's some new thing in animu, this recycling you mention. ;) Unless it's a scored show (and TBH I've only seen maybe 2 or 3 TV shows in the 2000s that were scored), it's going to reuse tracks. Hell, even if it was scored, it would still have a fuckton of themes recurring throughout.

Whatever they are doing in this show - it works and I'd even go as far as to say many scenes actually feel like they were scored. Props to Kajiura and the sound director. So far...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes its not new but it was sao, where I first noticed it happening, i dunno why lol. I usually dont pay much attention to music in anime unless i really like it. Maybe it was becuase I was writting down the tracks appearing that made me realise it and be a bit bothered with the recycling.

It indeed works. It has fitting tracks for the most scenes.

george1234 said:
(there is some weird high frequency sound twice in the refrain that sounds like these anti mosquito devises that kills my ears)

grunty, do you also hear that or its just me ?

Last edited:
Yes its not new but it was sao, where I first noticed it happening, i dunno why lol. I usually dont pay much attention to music in anime unless i really like it.

I think you should re-watch some of the old shows, including BeeTrains that we all so cherish for soundtracks, if you think this is bad. ;p And yea, you're definitely noticing it more since you're picking it apart. :)

That was a damn good episode. The characters are really well done and their dialogue had a really natural flow to it. Visual direction was excellent as was the sound direction. I was really disappointed with the music in the first episode but the pieces we heard here have definitely raised my hopes. And of course special mention must be made of the ED. I wasn't too sure about it going of the clips we heard in those PVs, but after hearing the full thing, I think it's probably my favorite Kajiura ending in a really long time. It also helps that the visuals were absolutely phenomenal; easily the best of any show Kajiura has worked on.

If the show manages to maintain this level of polish and development, I think it could end up being something really special.

hmm the episode was really nice. the music fitting scenes well even though again the music seems cut at some places and rightfully so this time.

I think my favorite piece is when Satoru realizes that he's actually crying. It's a bit Madoka-esque but it works. the cello piece was nice too. Though my hopes are not substantially raised.

ED Kajiura-wise was very well done even though I hate the voice. love the arrangement.

Back