Yuki Kajiura to compose for "Boku dake ga inai machi" TV Anime

H

Hatouchan

Based on the manga of the same name by Sanbe Kei.

Official CM (Note: 1st CM was not by YK. This second one is):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOddj0lKG3s

Airing 7th Jan 2016. It's a Noitamina show.

Directed by
Tomohiko Itō
Written by Taku Kishimoto
Studio A-1 Pictures

Source: http://bokumachi-anime.com/news/?article_id=36823, Kajiura's twitter

Edit: So that's the SAO director? Not sure what to make of that yet... Music sounds promising though!

Trivia:
It seems Kajiura was already following the manga before she was offered the job (and is totally a fan) and did not hesitate to accept it when Mori-san told her about the offer. She stumbled upon the series whilst looking for something interesting to read on her Kindle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Concept seems interesting. Also the scriptwriter did scripting and series composition for the Usagi Drop anime which was absolutely delightful. The director also has secondary direction roles in Death Note, Summer Wars and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time so I reckon he's got a good chance, SAO's direction is one of a multitude of numerous issues with the anime. He's also had lesser work within Michiko to Hatchin and Monster which is promising. Also with Kajiura being a fan of the source material it's likely she'll put forth her A game.

How did he do as director on silver spoon, his only other directing work?
The show does look right up my alley. This being A-1 (read: Aniplex), it'll be SME singers for the OP/ED...

I do hope that Kalafina sings for this. If only because I think it will be verrrrrry hard for her to pull another "believe".

I do hope that Kalafina sings for this. If only because I think it will be verrrrrry hard for her to pull another "believe".

I doubt it, and if so should have announced, and the Tour still going on do not think, although I personally would like them to work in this type of series

not sure how this will turn out to be...

music sounds ok. nothing exceptional though.

good, two new announcements!

So happy to hear something not SAO related. The music wasn't too special, but that sample is too short to make any kind of call.

Wow im so happy right now :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: I knew it was really weird if she wasnt working on something all this time. I know nothing about this manga / anime but judging by the trailer its probably mystery solving / crime, sort of like Kara no kyoukai but brighter. Looking at the characters page I happy there's finally an anime Yuki writes for with alot of males, this might bring a change to her music.

I just hope the director does a good job at least with the music distribution because in SAO he did horrible.

off to make newspost!

Btw, about the CM music, I have missed violin SOLO so much!!! Im sick of strings quartet overuse, solos have music more feeling to them.

Ack I'm the old curmudgeon here I was really hoping she'd get a chance to break away from the Sony produced OSTs and go back with Victor/Flying Dog for a while. I'm missing FictionJunction and tracks longer than 30 seconds. No I'm not saying she should never do anything SME or Kalafina based again just missing FJ as I said.

Also SAO director is a bit of eeh but in fairness I doubt SAOs source material was all that great to work with anyway and I'm sure Kawahara had them stick pretty close to his novels.

Kajiura can't do tracks longer than 30secs when she's with Sony? It seems she has quite a good relationship with Aniplex. And Aniplex seems to be producing a lot of hits.. Who does flying dog usually work with?

I've asked around about the director and people have assured me that he did solid work for silver spoon (although the second season director did even better).

That's the first cm I was talking about. So no. That's placeholder music. Why am I so sure? My personal feelings about whether it sounded like kajiura aside, they made it a point to mention that the second cm featured her music when they announced her as the composer.

Kajiura can't do tracks longer than 30secs when she's with Sony? It seems she has quite a good relationship with Aniplex. And Aniplex seems to be producing a lot of hits.. Who does flying dog usually work with?

I've asked around about the director and people have assured me that he did solid work for silver spoon (although the second season director did even better).

That's the first cm I was talking about. So no. That's placeholder music. Why am I so sure? My personal feelings about whether it sounded like kajiura aside, they made it a point to mention that the second cm featured her music when they announced her as the composer.
You can't deny the fact that her Aniplex soundtracks follow a very distinct pattern-almost a formula really. Lots of ambient sfx tracks, tons of string pieces, and very few insert songs. I'm not saying Aniplex is telling her how to write her music, but there is a very definite homogeny within the soundtracks she has written for it's shows.

@Hatouchan i think they mean the main melody for each track being 30secs, not the cm music.

btw, lets hope Kajiura gets to do the character songs of the anime as well (they always release those lately) last time was in Gundam Seed/Destiny and Mai-Otome and they were gems

Edit, started the manga, im on Chapter 9 now and i think Kalafina wiuld fit perfectly, also the atmosphere is quite mysterious, OST will be probably knk ish but with minor action

Last edited:
Yeeeeeeeeeees! Finally another show! It does look promising, and the artist reminds me of Aldnoah Zero (with those lips, ugh). heh But the trailer music had a Madoka feel to it. So maybe left over from that? I really hope the director does a better job than with SAO and the music. We got maybe a few seconds of each song, except in the last arc. *sigh* It looks good though. Yay! So excited. I will have to read the manga if it is here in the states. Maybe this is what she recorded in China for? Or was that for RHH? Hmm. In any case, so happy!

Oh and for the theme or ending theme if she gets to do one I would hope for someone new, like Aika Yoshioka, who would be an awesome choice for working with her. She has never done a collab with Yuki. Please Kajiura-sama? Please?

I will have to read the manga if it is here in the states.

link for the manga http://mangafox.me/manga/boku_dake_ga_inai_machi/

Oh and for the theme or ending theme if she gets to do one I would hope for someone new, like Aika Yoshioka, who would be an awesome choice for working with her. She has never done a collab with Yuki. Please Kajiura-sama? Please?

I hope for new as well, but for as far as i have read of the manga, I think Kalafina would fit perfectly. Back to dark and mystic era, yah!

Back