Hello hello!

K

Kurjenmiekka

Hi everyone! ^_^

I've been reading this forum for a while now and decided to make an account! So I guess I should introduce myself here? I haven't really been a part of any forums before, so this is all new for me.

I'm a huge Kajiura fan, and I love especially Kalafina! I discovered Kajiura quite recently though, I think it was last winter, but after that, I've been completely hooked! I pretty much listen nothing else than her compositions. They have also sparked my interest to learn more Japanese. I can speak some, but my skills are quite poor...

My name is Nuppu, and I'm a 19-year-old girl. I'm from Finland, and don't have any friends who listen to Japanese music, so it would be awesome to talk to people who share my love for Kajiura-sama! I'd love to make new friends and talk to people from around the world! So please talk to me, haha :D

Thank you aki! :3 we are? Awesome!

Thank you too, Kugayama!

I watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica (which I absolutely adore!) and instantly fell in love with the music. I liked Magia a lot and searched for it on youtube, that is how I discovered Kalafina. Magia was the first Kalafina song I started to listen to, so it also was the first composition by Kajiura that I listened to :) After that, I discovered Fictionjunction and now I love them too.

Oh my, my favorites? That is a difficult question! There are so many amazing songs! Well, my favorites include from Kalafina include Kimi no Gin no Niwa, Magia, Kagayaku no Sora no Shijima ni wa, Fantasia, Yane no Mukou ni, Hikari Furu, Lacrimosa, Oblivious, Yami no Uta, Tsuioku, Sapphire, Manten... argh I love almost every single one of Kalafina's songs! To be honest, they are all my favorites :D (well, all but Heavenly Blue, Believe, Signal and Mahiru, those are pretty much the only songs I'm not a big fan of. They are still good, just not THAT good). From Fictionjunction, my favorites are Parallel Hearts, Hanamori no Oka, Toki no Mukou Maboroshi no Sora and Yakusoku. I don't listen to Fictionjunction nearly as much as I listen to Kalafina's music... yet :D I've started to listen to them a lot more lately.

Best OSTs, at the moment, anyway, include Ensei, I Talk to the Rain, Salva nos, Absolute Configuration, I was waiting for this moment, Pugna cum maga, and battle themes from SAO. Oh, and The Song of Storm and Fire!

Yes, it is a Finnish song! I've never heard it before, but it has a traditional sound. Lyrics are very traditional, as well as the sound of kantele :) if you wish, I can translate it

Oh my, my favorites? That is a difficult question! There are so many amazing songs! Well, my favorites include from Kalafina include Kimi no Gin no Niwa, Magia, Kagayaku no Sora no Shijima ni wa, Fantasia, Yane no Mukou ni, Hikari Furu, Lacrimosa, Oblivious, Yami no Uta, Tsuioku, Sapphire, Manten... argh I love almost every single one of Kalafina's songs! To be honest, they are all my favorites :D (well, all but Heavenly Blue, Believe, Signal and Mahiru, those are pretty much the only songs I'm not a big fan of. They are still good, just not THAT good).
tsuioku and yaneeee <3
I'm not surprised you're not a fan of believe or hb since it seems many international fans aren't *cough* (hb is my guilty pleasure tho //hit). I used to not really like signal but now it's my JAM. really the only kala songs I hardly listen to are mirai, musunde hiraku, and snow falling
From Fictionjunction, my favorites are Parallel Hearts, Hanamori no Oka, Toki no Mukou Maboroshi no Sora and Yakusoku.
I'm surprised to see a FJY song on there haha. have you listened to The BEST of YK LIVE 2?
Best OSTs, at the moment, anyway, include Ensei, I Talk to the Rain, Salva nos, Absolute Configuration, I was waiting for this moment, Pugna cum maga, and battle themes from SAO. Oh, and The Song of Storm and Fire!
ahh those are all great songs. I was waiting for this moment recently won our Kajiura-sensei Favourites game actually
Yes, it is a Finnish song! I've never heard it before, but it has a traditional sound. Lyrics are very traditional, as well as the sound of kantele :)
do you think you could figure out the name of it?? it's from the sekai satouyama kikou episode about Finland. Kajiura composed the music (found on the works for sountracks release) but this one wasn't included so I guessed that it was an arrangement of a traditional song. but I want to know the namee

Hello! Welcome to CPM! :hi:

For FJ, I definitely recommend Stone Cold and Storm. And some of their live renditions of Kajiura's other songs, such as Forest, Maybe Tomorrow, Mizu no Akashi, etc. Plus, some of them are English, which they sound just as good in!

*high fives fellow Madoka fan* :cheer:

I'm not surprised you're not a fan of believe or hb since it seems many international fans aren't *cough* (hb is my guilty pleasure tho //hit). I used to not really like signal but now it's my JAM. really the only kala songs I hardly listen to are mirai, musunde hiraku, and snow falling

Yeah, I've noticed those aren't that popular. At first I liked Heavenly Blue really much, but I don't really care about it anymore :P And I actually kind of agree with you about Mirai and Snow Falling, I don't listen to those much.

I'm surprised to see a FJY song on there haha. have you listened to The BEST of YK LIVE 2?

Yuuka is indeed my least favorite member of FJ. But I find it to be a great song nevertheless ^^ I've listened some of it! I have to listen it all, I remember it being great. Thanks for reminding me!

I was waiting for this moment recently won our Kajiura-sensei Favourites game actually

Really? Awesome! It's a masterpiece!

do you think you could figure out the name of it??

I'll try. It seems to be an arrangement of an old poem with slightly changed lyrics. But I think a part of it might be from another poem... I'm gonna write down all the lyrics and do a thorough search and then link the poems to you. It's weird that it's Kajiura's composition, the singer sounds like his first language is Finnish, the pronounciation is perfect.

Hello! Welcome to CPM!

Thank you very much! ^^ And thank you for all those suggestions, I'm gonna listen to them all! I've already listened to Stone Cold and Storm and I like them both, but the rest are songs I haven't heard yet.

high fives fellow Madoka fan*

MADOKA IS LOVE, MADOKA IS LIFE. AND HOMURA DID NOTHING WRONG.

I also recommend Dream Scape (Kaori Oda on vocals), and from FictionJunction YUUKA, Kioku no Mori. From See-Saw, Indio, and for a one-of-a-kind combination,

Thank you! I'm gonna check them out! It sucks that I don't have time right now, I should already be going actually, but here I am because of you awesome people ^^ but I'll definitely listen to every single suggestion when I can!

(oh look I learned (maybe) how to quote I'm so proud of myself)

Yuuka is indeed my least favorite member of FJ. But I find it to be a great song nevertheless ^^
it took me many years to really appreciate Yuuka's voice. but she does have a trove of wonderful songs. piano and destination are two of my favs (and I will always dream of the day Kalafina covers destination //wishes)
I'll try. It seems to be an arrangement of an old poem with slightly changed lyrics. But I think a part of it might be from another poem... I'm gonna write down all the lyrics and do a thorough search and then link the poems to you. It's weird that it's Kajiura's composition, the singer sounds like his first language is Finnish, the pronounciation is perfect.
interesting...so I wonder if she did write the music to the words or if someone else did the entire song. the episode lists only Kajiura for music, iirc. if you're interested in the video, I can upload it
MADOKA IS LOVE, MADOKA IS LIFE. AND HOMURA DID NOTHING WRONG.
:plot: :plot:
Thank you! I'm gonna check them out! It sucks that I don't have time right now, I should already be going actually, but here I am because of you awesome people ^^ but I'll definitely listen to every single suggestion when I can!
heuheu. then let me add See-Saw's seijaku no heaphone no naka to your list

@Kugayama @Westkana @aki I listened to all of the suggestions. They were amazing! I've never listened to See-Saw before (why have I not listened to See-Saw, what why when I don't know I don't have an answer :...:) and now I definitely will. Seijaku wa Headphone no Naka is really great!

Forest and Dream Scape are so beautiful <3 and Maybe Tomorrow is really nice too! I haven't listened to that many songs sung by Emily, but she has a gorgeous voice :3

And Mizu no Akashi, ah, classic Wakana. She sings like an angel!

interesting...so I wonder if she did write the music to the words or if someone else did the entire song. the episode lists only Kajiura for music, iirc. if you're interested in the video, I can upload it

Yes, I'm interested. It would be cool if you uploaded it ^^ I did research about the lyrics, and they are verses from old folk poems mixed together. All the poems are traditionally sung at karhunpeijaiset (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peijaiset), a celebration after a bear hunt. The poems don't seem to have a name, at least I couldn't find names for them: they are simply poems traditionally sung in peijaiset. The verses express graditude and respect towards the bear, as bears used to be worshipped and seen as sacred animals.

I tried to find a name for the song, but couldn't. I'm sorry :c

They were amazing! I've never listened to See-Saw before (why have I not listened to See-Saw, what why when I don't know I don't have an answer :...:) and now I definitely will. Seijaku wa Headphone no Naka is really great!
hehe. Kalafina has covered See-Saw's anna ni issho datta no ni, and FJY has covered their yasashii yoake. though the originals are great too! most prefer their second era of songs, but their 90s stuff is quite cute too (like Swimmer)
Yes, I'm interested. It would be cool if you uploaded it ^^ I did research about the lyrics, and they are verses from old folk poems mixed together. All the poems are traditionally sung at karhunpeijaiset (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peijaiset), a celebration after a bear hunt. The poems don't seem to have a name, at least I couldn't find names for them: they are simply poems traditionally sung in peijaiset. The verses express graditude and respect towards the bear, as bears used to be worshipped and seen as sacred animals.

I tried to find a name for the song, but couldn't. I'm sorry :c
okay, I'll upload it later today :V:
huh. if it's a mix of folk poems, then it makes me think that it was Kajiura's work. maybe someone can tweet her about it //hit
I bet the episode involved the bear hunt then
that's alright! thanks for looking for it; I couldn't figure out how to spell any of the lyrics

Kalafina has covered See-Saw's anna ni issho datta no ni, and FJY has covered their yasashii yoake.
I love Kalafina's cover. I have it downloaded to ensure that I can always bask in it's glory :ohoho: Lives tend to get deleted a lot...
(These smilies are so nostalgic. I used to have many of these ones on Microsoft Messenger during comprehensive school. Good times.)

okay, I'll upload it later today :V:
huh. if it's a mix of folk poems, then it makes me think that it was Kajiura's work. maybe someone can tweet her about it //hit
I bet the episode involved the bear hunt then
that's alright! thanks for looking for it; I couldn't figure out how to spell any of the lyrics

Great! No hurries! :3 Yeah, I also wondered if it really is Yuki's work. The singer pronounces the words so well he truly sounds Finnish, but then again, Kajiura has done work with a lot of artists with different native languages. I found the poems from a website that had an online version of a book called "Suomalaisten runojen uskonto" (The religion of Finnish poems) (published in 1915!). I found it very curious that one of the verses of the song is a little different from the verse of the poem it was taken from. The original poem goes "astun kohta kolmannenkin", but in the song it's "astunPA kohta kolmannenkin". So someone has done a slight but grammatically correct change to the lyrics (-pa adds emphasis, but doesn't change the meaning of a word). And the verses are from different poems but are tied together nicely, it seems like someone who knows Finnish has composed the lyrics.

Yea, I tried searching for the song using the lyrics, but had no luck. I'll let you know if I somehow manage to find it, haha :D

Reactions: aki
waaaaa another Kalafina, FJ and YK european fan!! Very very good ùù Enjoy your stay here and nice to meet you :)

waaaaa another Kalafina, FJ and YK european fan!! Very very good ùù Enjoy your stay here and nice to meet you :)

Thank you HimeWakana! ^^ It's very nice to meet you too! Italy's a lovely country, I've been there twice with my grandma. She's a huge Italy fan and also speaks Italian :)

Thank you HimeWakana! ^^ It's very nice to meet you too! Italy's a lovely country, I've been there twice with my grandma. She's a huge Italy fan and also speaks Italian :)
waaa this is amazing!! Italy is a wonderful country and If you'll have the chance, cometo visit Milan too <3 <3 And I want to visit Finland one day; it's a country that inspires me ;)

Great! No hurries! :3 Yeah, I also wondered if it really is Yuki's work. The singer pronounces the words so well he truly sounds Finnish, but then again, Kajiura has done work with a lot of artists with different native languages. I found the poems from a website that had an online version of a book called "Suomalaisten runojen uskonto" (The religion of Finnish poems) (published in 1915!). I found it very curious that one of the verses of the song is a little different from the verse of the poem it was taken from. The original poem goes "astun kohta kolmannenkin", but in the song it's "astunPA kohta kolmannenkin". So someone has done a slight but grammatically correct change to the lyrics (-pa adds emphasis, but doesn't change the meaning of a word). And the verses are from different poems but are tied together nicely, it seems like someone who knows Finnish has composed the lyrics.

Yea, I tried searching for the song using the lyrics, but had no luck. I'll let you know if I somehow manage to find it, haha :D
aand now I'm back to thinking someone else did it. though I guess it still may be her composing the music, but someone well acquainted with Finnish who compiled the lyrics and found someone to sing it. 'tis a mystery!
here's the episode: :tea: (let me know when you've downloaded it, please~)

here's the episode: :tea: (let me know when you've downloaded it, please~)

Thank you! :love: I downloaded it. I'll tell you when I've watched it (later today, I'm in a bit of hurry again).
Yeah, it's a mystery we'll probably never solve. But it's a beautiful song and that's what matters! I've added it to my playlist ^^

waaa this is amazing!! Italy is a wonderful country and If you'll have the chance, cometo visit Milan too <3 <3 And I want to visit Finland one day; it's a country that inspires me ;)

Italy is indeed a wonderful place! I've only visited Rome, but I've been wanting to visit Venice, Naples and Milan too! I'm gonna have to make a long trip to Italy someday! :innocent:Oh, cool! Finland is a very beautiful place (expect this time of the year... we're still waiting for it to snow). If you'll visit someday, I'd be happy to be your guide. We have two cottages in Lapland, both above the Arctic Circle, you're more than welcome there! Or maybe you're more interested in Southern Finland, where I live?

Welcome to CPM @Kurjenmiekka! I too hope to visit Finland one day! It's nice to meet you! :hi:

Thank you Spirica Rose! :hi: It's nice to meet you too! The above goes for you too, and everyone else. I'll be everyones guide! :ohoho:

Welcome to CPM, enjoy your stay here! :)
wew! Another SAO and Madomagi fan in here. \(^o^)/
Have u watched Fate series?

Back