Hello hello!

@Kurjenmiekka: Wow, that's a lot of places! I do want to visit Japan, Germany, and Greece and it's so cool you've gotten to go! I also want to go back to Italy, as I never got to see some other historical places, like Pompeii. I need to start learning more languages.

On the topic of the promo posters--it's okay that you can't read Japanese. I know only a small amount and I do look at Japanese sites. I'll google translate so I can sort items/navigate, but for say important buying terms, fromjapan (or one of the proxy services I've seen) I believe has a list. With that said, YJA (Yahoo Japan Auctions) has a couple of believe promo posters.

Hi Kurjenmiekka :hi: and welcome to CPM. :w00t:
It's great to see someone else from a nordic country here, you are the first one since I joined. (I think)
Good to see that you are getting along so well with everyone here. :goodjob:
I hope you have alot of fun on this forum. :bow:

@Spirica Rose Thank you sooo much!! Found them on YJA and I'm trying to register now, do I need to use a proxy service? I'm having trouble with the registration, because it asks for postal code, and postal codes in Finland only have five digits and the website requires there to be seven digits... so, um... *smashes a japanese postal code there*

I'd like to visit Pompeii too! So interesting! Yeah, I guess that's a lot of places, but there's still so many countries to go! I've been thinking about learning more languages too, first Japanese and then Spanish or Italian... or maybe German.

@T-rond Thank you very much! :hi: Nice to have a fellow member from a Nordic country! Norway's amazing, it's really beautiful. Really, are we so few and far between? Well that makes me feel special :ayashii:

@Seasonreaper Found an used one of that History 5th, doesn't seem to be in a very good condition though. I'll keep looking, the bidding for that one lasts for another 6 days after all. Also found RE/Oblivious. That YJA really is good! Oh it's a fanmade one, figures. I'll probably pass. Thanks for the info. I'll probably end up spending so much money on everything Kalafina related... oh well, if it makes me happy, why shouldn't I? :plot:

You'll need a proxy service for YJA yes. There's some interesting stuff up on YJA as a whole right now, but keep an eye on Surugu-ya too, which you'll also need a proxy for. There's some good stuff up on there from time to time.

I've essentially focus-fired on Kalafina stuff over the last year or so, it's why my collection has grown so fast. Safe to say I haven't been buying all that much else.

Also that re/oblivious on YJA is probably the one I'm watching, so prepare yourself :glasses:.

@Seasonreaper Okay, I'll use a proxy then. YJA does indeed have a large selection. I'll check Surugu-ya too.

Like I said, I'm spending money on so many things that I can't really spend as much money on Kalafina as I'd like to, but so far so good. And Christmas is on its way, so I can always ask my family to buy something for me as a Christmas present :ayashii:

Haha, if you're watching that, I won't bid on it :) that album is not that important to me (and there's no way I'd be able to compete with you :XD:)

@george1234 Thanks for the tip! I have Hola, but haven't really used it to it's full potential before

@Kurjenmiekka if you do get to Tokyo, Japan, the Mandarake CD / DVD store in Nakano Broadway has some good second-hand material - I found an 8cm See-Saw single there and other good CD's, DVD's and blu-rays and I also check the Lashinbang store in Nakano Broadway. I've also used amazon.co.jp resellers via fromjapan.co.jp for second-hand titles.

@Kugayama Oh, thanks for the tip! Now why didn't I think of amazon.co.jp?? I'm clearly a novice in these things...

Bid on Believe promo poster and Fairytile promo poster, hope I'll win :sohappy:Bidding for believe ended already and looks like I was the only bidder, so yay!

RIP wall space :imdead:.

Fairytale ones are common though as they were preorder bonuses for the single I believe, so if you miss that don't worry.

@Seasonreaper Indeed, I don't even know where I'm gonna hang these posters. I don't think I have room for them all. We'll, gonna move to a different apartment next fall anyway (if the new landlord doesn't allow hammering nails to walls then TOUGH. I'm gonna do it anyway. Just kidding. I wouldn't. But I'd be one sad sad panda.) That's good to hear, there's a second Believe poster too if I somehow for some bizarre reason don't win the first one.

Question: how does following system work? I mean, I thought that by following someone I'd get alerts about their posts or at least about their profile posts, but that doesn't seem to be the case. What meaning does following someone have?

@Kurjenmiekka: I'm glad you found it and, from what your posts say, won it! I do hope you share all the stuff you ordered in the collection thread when they arrive. It seems like you're getting quite a collection going. :goodjob:

I took Japanese for a year in college and it was tough but really fun. Sadly I didn't have time to go to the intermediate level. I do know Spanish from high school, but I can't say I'm fluent. I definitely want to learn German and Italian too. At the very least enough to hold my own if I go overseas.

@Spirica Rose Yeah, I THINK I won it, as I really was the only one who bid, but I still haven't recieved any information saying that I won it. Same thing with Fairytale promo poster. Maybe I'm too impatient :XD:Sure, I'll share my (relatively small) collection when everything arrives! Might take a while as pretty much everything is being shipped from Japan. I've bought all albums, some singles, pamphlets, photo albums and promo posters. Planning to buy all blu-rays and more singles, but that'll have to wait... my budget can't handle it!

Also waiting for PMMM figures to arrive :psst:already have Kyoko that I bought when I visited Japan, but simply had to grab some AMAZING figures I spotted on ebay. So pretty~

I've never taken Japanese lessons, but I've been thinking about attending a course that starts in January. It actually requires a basic course before it, but my friend who has attended that basic course (twice, I don't know why she's been on it twice but she has) says I can easily study it on my own, she promised to help. Exciting!! I had a change of studying Spanish in junior high, but I was on a special class, no idea what to call it in English, but I don't mean a class for students with special needs, I mean that we had an entrance exam to get on that class and studied more subjects than normal classes. Being on this class meant I didn't have much room for optional subjects so I couldn't take Spanish. I've been regretting it as Spanish would have been a lot more useful than some of those subjects I studied. Oh well, luckily it's never too late to learn a language!

I studied Swedish in both junior high and high school so I'm pretty good in it. But that's because Swedish is mandatory in Finland. 5,3% of Finns are Finnish Swedes and have Swedish as their mother tongue, and for some reason that means every single kid in Finland has to study Swedish. It pretty much sucks because mandatory Swedish means we have a lot less room for other languages, and I would much rather have studied something like German or Spanish. I didn't like studying Swedish so I quit it as soon as possible despite my Swedish grade being 10 (A+). My Swedish teacher was horrified as I was one of his best students but I simply wanted to focus on biology, chemistry and physics. And now my Swedish is terribly rusty so I'll probably end up using English next time I travel to Sweden :plot:

^ Were those the ones on YJA? Whatever proxy service you used should let you know when they get in contact with the seller.
Glad you'll share it. That sounds like a lot to get at once. I can only imagine the cost. :ghost: I worry about my budget with even one or two small items. But hey, it's lots of cool stuff that's worth it in the end.

I hope you'll be able to take the Japanese course!

Ah, I know what you mean. Some of my friends in middle school had such classes. I also forgot the term for it here.
To me Swedish sounds interesting, since it was never any classes here, but I see where you're coming from. By 7th grade where I am, you needed to choose between Spanish or French for language credit afaik. Most took French because back then, there was a trip to Quebec. Though, in my high school German and Italian was an option, but it might've just been extra credit.

@Spirica Rose Yes they were on YJA. Got confirmation that I won Fairytale poster, so at least I'm certain of that now :sohappy:

I already had most albums and a few singles, so didn't buy that many CDs, but everything else I bought this week. I'm kind of all-or-nothing type of person, when I get excited about something I go fully into it. I rather buy a bunch of stuff at once than buy them separately, that's just who I am. I admit, it did cost A LOT, which means I'm not going to buy anything that's not necessary in a long time ^^' I'm not exactly rich... but after my graduation party I can go on a shopping rampage again and spend the money people gift me!! :stars:....just kidding, I won't. I'll save (most) of it. I just get so much joy from Kalafina, you know? Their music was one of the few things that drove me to keep on living last winter. Everytime I got seriously suicidal, I listened to Kala's music and I felt that it helped. So their music holds a special meaning to me. It's my surviving music that I could find comfort in when I felt terrible. Seeing people's collections here really got me inspired and I realised I had means of enjoying that music even more by getting merchandise. So I'm not regretting spending heaps of money on them. I'd do it again.

Thanks, I hope so too! Gotta work hard for it!

Good you understood what I meant, I'm not that good at explaining things ^^' Oh you needed to study either Spanish or French, that's cool, would have much rather studied one of those than Swedish. Not that I have anything against Sweden and Swedish is very useful in Finland, but Spanish or French would be useful in many countries. And I guess I kinda started to dislike Swedish because I hated our Swedish teacher in junior high with a passion :XD:If I remember correctly, we could choose German in 7th grade and Spanish, French or Russian in 8th grade but all were optional, and in high school it was possible to study German, French and Russian. English and Swedish were mandatory, English since third grade, Swedish since 7th. It was possible to start German as early as 4th grade.

All those language choices, heh. Here in the UK we get French as mandatory until Year 9 (around age 14) and then it's optional. The only other option you get is German, and you can only do that after a certain point if your French is a high enough grade, and is only available as an optional choice.

Oh and yes, I totally get what you mean about Kalafina. Their music is ridiculously important to me, even more so than most other artists. There's something special about them which I can't quite place my finger on, but I can't imagine not having them. They make me happy.

@Kurjenmiekka - if and when you visit Japan, take a ride on the Isumi line in Chiba:

B0vlx8yCcAIqvgC.jpg

@Seasonreaper I didn't know you have mandatory French. Weird that your French grade affects your chances of studying German... doesn't seem fair. Did you study German? I wish I had studied it

Kalafina truly is something that makes me happy, too! They're my absolutely favorite artist after all. I don't really know what I would be listening without them or Kajiura.

@Kugayama Oh wow! That's so cool! My sister's taking a business trip to Chiba in March, I gotta tell her to take that ride if she has time.

Back